Will Jon Jones be affected by his brothers recent troubles?

Jones didn't care about his own problems. I sincerely doubt that he'll care about someone else's.
Doubt it. Jon has brushed off much worse. It'll suck but not enough to effect the fight

This. It seems like Jon has the ability to completely ignore distractions.....in his own life....in the life of others, etc. He seems also like a sociopath in that regards in that he just doesn't seem to give a shit. I don't think it affects him 1 single bit b/c he either can compartmentalize or he just doesn't care.

The stuff with his brother has been going on for a minute, and the videos are pretty concerning. I don't know the guy, but in a few he definitely seems unstable at the very least.

The Raiders or police also had him held in a mental facility for a while due to all this, there is a lot going on there. Idk how close JJ and his brother are, but it has to have some effect, u would imagine.
Actually, neither the Raiders nor police could have him held in a psychiatric facility. The police can initiate a 5150 and take him to a hospital, but from there it is the mental health staff, and they are obliged to let him go in 72 hours or less if he isn't exhibiting behavior that shows he is an imminent danger to himself or others; they must also go in front of a judge at a hearing and prove this if Chandler appealed it, which I am sure he would have.

His behavior is indicative of some sort of mental issue; it could be schizophrenia or another major syndrome, or it could be he is in a meth psychosis. He definitely doesn't look like someone of sound mind.

I have serious doubt that Jon's training will be hampered.

Last edited:
Nah, steroids or not he was beating the likes of Daniel Cormier after drinking and snorting coke

Not to mention he’s almost a confirmed sociopath. I seriously doubt his feelings or lack there of regarding his brother will have any impact on his performance…

I think its safe to say he don't give a fuck about anything

I dunno, it didn't appear to affect Chandler much when Jon's life seemed to be spiraling. Dude just kept putting up double-digit sacks and going to Pro Bowls.

(...Of course, the moment my Raiders sign him to a fat contract, he turns into a lazy, worthless PoS in year one, and a complete nutcase in year two.)

I dunno, it didn't appear to affect Chandler much when Jon's life seemed to be spiraling. Dude just kept putting up double-digit sacks and going to Pro Bowls.

(...Of course, the moment my Raiders sign him to a fat contract, he turns into a lazy, worthless PoS in year one, and a complete nutcase in year two.)
As a lifelong Raiders Fan that's just par for the course unfortunetly....

Had no idea his brother went nuts like that. Guess they were raised that way.

All 3 brothers clearly have issues and have had their share of troubles (Arthur less so than the others). It's never seemed to affect Jon in the past, so I don't know why it would now. I guess being the son of a pastor and having such a strong relationship with his god keeps him grounded.../s.

Jon Jones’s brother is NFL star Chandler Jones. Chandler seems to have alienated himself from his NFL team and his life/career are on a downhill trajectory. He recently called out the owners and coaches of the Raiders. He called them pedophiles and accused them of being responsible for Aaron Hernandez’s suicide. He was recently arrested for domestic violence and was accused of abusing his girlfriend. He also sent videos of himself burning items in the home naked.

Will this have an adverse affect on Jon’s preparation for the Stipe fight. If Jon loses I believe it will be due to this family crisis and a rematch should be booked right away. The Jones family has had to deal with a lot of problems for a long time.
You clearly don’t know much about sociopaths.

Chandler's brain probably takes more pounding in one NFL game than Jon has in his entire MMA career.

Actually, neither the Raiders nor police could have him held in a psychiatric facility. The police can initiate a 5150 and take him to a hospital, but from there it is the mental health staff, and they are obliged to let him go in 72 hours or less if he isn't exhibiting behavior that shows he is an imminent danger to himself or others; they must also go in front of a judge at a hearing and prove this if Chandler appealed it, which I am sure he would have.

His behavior is indicative of some sort of mental issue; it could be schizophrenia or another major syndrome, or it could be he is in a meth psychosis. He definitely doesn't look like someone of sound mind.

I have serious doubt that Jon's training will be hampered.
Yeh, I didn't really expect to get called on the absolute specifics of such an event, but I'll re-word for the sticklers in the house...

Chandler Jones BELIEVES The Raiders, police, or both, had him involuntarily committed.

Since we apparently want to be super specific, the likelihood is one (Raiders) called the other (police) for a wellness check and it devolved from there, leaving him with the belief that... you guessed it... the Raiders had him committed.

I don't think it will matter. Jones has had his share of adversities, and it hasn't hurt him yet. He has good focus on what needs to be done.

Jon Jones’s brother is NFL star Chandler Jones. Chandler seems to have alienated himself from his NFL team and his life/career are on a downhill trajectory. He recently called out the owners and coaches of the Raiders. He called them pedophiles and accused them of being responsible for Aaron Hernandez’s suicide. He was recently arrested for domestic violence and was accused of abusing his girlfriend. He also sent videos of himself burning items in the home naked.

Will this have an adverse affect on Jon’s preparation for the Stipe fight. If Jon loses I believe it will be due to this family crisis and a rematch should be booked right away. The Jones family has had to deal with a lot of problems for a long time.
Nup. His Dad will be busy with his brother, so Jon will get a break until he stuffs up again :)

Brother. This is greatest post I have seen in some time. I am wondering same shits. People already overlook stipe with respect of nothing. I believe Stipe will win. I believe Stipe is overlooks. This is big distraction for jon his brother having dificil time. I belief it may brother cause issue and add stress.

Yeh, I didn't really expect to get called on the absolute specifics of such an event, but I'll re-word for the sticklers in the house...

Chandler Jones BELIEVES The Raiders, police, or both, had him involuntarily committed.

Since we apparently want to be super specific, the likelihood is one (Raiders) called the other (police) for a wellness check and it devolved from there, leaving him with the belief that... you guessed it... the Raiders had him committed.
Don't take things personally, I was offering information most others don't know because they aren't mental health professionals, this is a forum.

He's never been affected by his own troubles, why would his brothers bother him?

Back