Will Max Holloway take one of the biggest beatings ever seen in this octagon?

AMAZINGUFC

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm in doubt whether:

1- Max will fall quickly due to Gaethje's strong low kicks

or

2- Max will be the victim of another demolition masterpiece similar to what happened to Tony.

or

3- Another (specify)

In your opinions, 1, 2, or 3?

---------------------
Personally, I don't think this fight will be a standard BMF bout. Max isn't at that level and he doesn't have the level of brutality necessary for this lightweight match.
His T-Rex style will be useless against the Highlight.

It's not a matter of if Max will fall, but when and how his destruction will be - Total mismatch!!

Another issue will be the degree of damage that Max will show after this epic beating.

The last one (Tony) didn't fare too well...

Beating! Beating! a lot of pain for Max is coming!
he better fall limping soon, it'll be better.

1712270825830.png

1712270843031.png

No. He won't last the entire fight like Fitch did against GSP

ept_sports_mma_experts-347549803-1218495816.jpg

I don't know why everyone thinks this is going to be a Ferguson level beatdown. It's not like Max tore his acl and "repaired it" in 3 months and is jumping over fences with his child in a psychotic rage. War Holloway he brings it all the time.

In my estimation, Max is going to have a very bad time

I don't know why everyone thinks this is going to be a Ferguson level beatdown. It's not like Max tore his acl and "repaired it" in 3 months and is jumping over fences with his child in a psychotic rage. War Holloway he brings it all the time.

We all love him it's just a very dangerous opponent who is also a hard match up for him on paper.

In my estimation, Max is going to have a very bad time

We all love him it's just a very dangerous opponent who is also a hard match up for him on paper.

This fight legit worries me. It might be one of those fights that one guy ends up being too tough for his own good and takes the kind of beating that they are never the same guy going forward.

Gathje has already done that to one guy.

Unfortunately, I think yes. Max is too tough to give up and he's quite hittable against probably the hardest hitter in the division.

...this is going to end really badly for Max.

You know, I was sure that Gaethje was going to win based on the size difference, but every time someone makes a moronic thread like this, it blows up in their faces, so I think that the fight is at best a 50/50 now.

All jokes aside, it'll be a good fight, but I think Justin will crack Max's chin in spectacular fashion, or Max is going to hit Justin with a massive counter that starts a TKO finish. I feel it's going to be a nasty, violent finish either way.

Justin is an emotional fighter that plays to the crowd, if there's ever a time he'll be capable of cracking an unbreakable chin like Max's, it's for the BMF in the co-main of 300. Max, when he enters the flow state, has some of the most exhilarating boxing performances in the sport of MMA.

With Max’s chin and how Gaethje fights It has the makings of a possible lopsided beating. I can also see Max finding Justin’s off button in one of the many firefights there will be.

Exactly bro. Legit worries me.

lol why are people acting like Max is some jobber?

That's not whats going on here. Its the opposite, we all have immense respect for Max but in this fight those attributes of his we respect so much - his toughness, his heart, his courage - that normally play in his favor might only lead to disaster.

This has all the hallmarks of the type of fight that for all intents and purposes end a fighters career.

One guy is incredibly tough, an older fighter, has gone through wars and has relied on his toughness to win fights at a lower weight class. The other guy is bigger, hits really really hard and hits with power late.Maybe even worse is that Max has never shown big power at a lighter weight class and Justin has great recovery and fights hurt.

I like Max and want him to win (Justin is cool too) but I'm worried.
Max might even win and still be broken.
If Max loses I want it by early KO.

Gaethje has a questionable gas tank, I'm not sure why people seem to forget this. In some fights he's able to control the pace and he looks fresh down the stretch Ala Ferguson or Fiziev. In some fights like Alvarez, Poirier and Khabib they pushed a high pace, were able to defend and or endure his offense and finish him as he wilted. Even in those wars he ended up getting gassed and sloppy vs guys like Michael Johnson, it's just Johnson was battered and tired too. Max is durable, Max pressures super well, it's a close fightback but Gaethjes power, size and low kicks could really be hard for Max but Maxes pace, footwork, body work could win him the fight in the later rounds.

Back