Will Max Holloway take one of the biggest beatings ever seen in this octagon?

it will be a hard battle for BOTH is what im thinking. the comparisson between ferguson and geathje is weird. fergusson was never on gaethje's lvl on the feet. gaethje improved and become more patient. tony had alot of holes in his game that he never fixed and even worsened....who in the hell 'throws sand' or goes on an unnecessary extra weight cut just to prove a point that nobody understands?

gaethje has become more measured and more calculated. since his 2 early losses in the ufc......the only time he was in a hurry was against khabib, because he knew his window of opportuniy was small. both hollaway and gaethje have become better fighters over the years and i dont see a 1-sided beat down happening even if holloway is moving up. damage all over the place but competitive enough

Max will TKO justin in round 2 or 3

I almost never say this in a fight but Max has no chance vs Justin he might survive to a clear cute decision loss but he has no shot in beating Justin zero zilch zippo

Last edited:
Holloway isn't a pushover. I don't expect him to win, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did.

I think they will make it to a decision. I am not sure if it is 5 round or not. They are putting the BMF belt on the line so it might be 5 rounds.

Recent pics show Max has actually put on some muscle so that will be helpful as opposed to when he simply didn't cut weight against Dustin and was beaten post to post for nearly 20 minutes.
He lost clearly but people seem to be misremembering. It was competitive Max just couldn't hurt him. He actually outlanded Poireir in sig and normal strikes but Poireir would eventually hurt him with something.

Max always relied on his size and chin advantage, peppering opponents with volume. He does not have a knockout power to put Gaethje down and Gaethje is used to fight and take shots from the likes of Dustin Poirier who hits a lot harder than Max. On top of that Max is very hittable, does not use head movement and that will be his downfall.

Honestly as much as I love Max, he has a chance if he evolved his style for this matchup (head movement and avoiding strikes, staying on the outside is a no go as Justin is big enough to cut the distance quick). I just dont see that happening.

On top of that Max shows bad signs of CTE already. Talks slow and not like himself anymore. He might know this thus tries to put on a big fight, knowing that end of his career is coming, and it might happen at this fight when Justin cracks his chin. I would love to be wrong.

Last edited:
87bf34b7-eef0-4c20-8a4b-d7c18603ad67_text.gif

I'm in doubt whether:

1- Max will fall quickly due to Gaethje's strong low kicks

or

2- Max will be the victim of another demolition masterpiece similar to what happened to Tony.

or

3- Another (specify)

In your opinions, 1, 2, or 3?

---------------------
Personally, I don't think this fight will be a standard BMF bout. Max isn't at that level and he doesn't have the level of brutality necessary for this lightweight match.
His T-Rex style will be useless against the Highlight.

It's not a matter of if Max will fall, but when and how his destruction will be - Total mismatch!!

Another issue will be the degree of damage that Max will show after this epic beating.

The last one (Tony) didn't fare too well...

Beating! Beating! a lot of pain for Max is coming!
he better fall limping soon, it'll be better.

View attachment 1037848

View attachment 1037849
From what I gathered, Justin plans to implement a very kick heavy attack. max has shown to be susceptible to the low kick and that is coincidentally one of Justin’s go to moves.

If max can disrupt or better yet, avoid eating heavy leg kicks, he will be poised to take out Justin via an accumulation of damage. Justin, for all offensive powers, doesn’t have as much durability as I once thought and is low key chinny

I think so, yeah. Think it'll be one of those that takes years off his life.

What's worse are the implications IMO. I really want to see a vintage Max matched up against Topuria and that is quite likely now that Alex is off the throne.

Good chance after this Justin fight that we never see a prime Max again in the cage for the rest of our lives. Seems kind of dumb just for a gimmick belt one-off.

This bmf bs lol

This is the first time the bmf is taking place with fighters from 2 different divisions. Last time holloway went up to lightweight, he had even less power, got caught by big shots repeatedly, and offered no meaningful threat.

Since then, Holloway is more war torn and he’s taken more punishment. In addition, gaethje is the best he’s ever been and is primed for a lightweight title shot.

This fight is a mismatch. Gaethje will dominate him

People are underestimating Holloway way too much, he is one of the best and most skilled and talented fighters in UFC.. long time champion and is proven. Never ever been finished with strikes or knocked out. Gaethje is being way over hyped.. he is 8-4 in UFC, hardly anything to celebrate, Holloway has a much better record

I like both guys and both are fun to watch and I'm expecting a war and back and forth but I think Holloway might win a decision, too accurate and sharp. Holloway is the favorite for me. Lets wait and see! not long too go to see it!.

He lost clearly but people seem to be misremembering. It was competitive Max just couldn't hurt him. He actually outlanded Poireir in sig and normal strikes but Poireir would eventually hurt him with something.
Yep that's why I said Max was beaten post to post for nearly 20 minutes. By the time the 5th round ended everyone clearly knew who the winner was, competitive fight or not.

This fight legit worries me. It might be one of those fights that one guy ends up being too tough for his own good and takes the kind of beating that they are never the same guy going forward.

Gathje has already done that to one guy.
he’s done that to a few guys actually. looks like he’s gonna do it again. sorry max!

Since the fight was announced I've felt like Gaethje cracks his chin, but honestly as it gets closer I'm thinking Holloway has more of a chance, Gaethje is at his best when he's leading the fight and Holloway's pressure won't let him do that

Justin G couldn’t even beat down an amputee that badly. What are you going on about aside from the double weight cut Tony at provide some evidence

Back