Will none elevation Edwards be a game changer ?

This is obviously only anecdotal; but I moved to Mexico DF as an adult.
I was a 2-3 hours on the mat 3-4 days a week guy beforehand; so in good shape.

Physically I felt strong. My cardio went to sh-t, due to the thinner air, though.
I compensated with extra time on the treadmill and was able to run for days once back at sea level.

The fact that sea level* Edwards would be moving slower at altitude but still have the wherewithal to throw intermittent hard combinations (like the LHK that KO'd Usman) doesn't surprise me.

If elevation* Usman's cardio should be better than it was last time and possibly allow him to put a pace on Edwards that the champ can't handle, I also wouldn't be surprised.

I'm siked for this rematch if only to see who implements their "superior" game plan.

His kicks will be key to victory. Keep usman at distance. I think leon will win this fight again. Usman is on his way out of the division soon.

Leon Edwards in his second fight with Usman mentioned that the elevation of fighting in salt lake city made a huge difference in the fight. I would agree ,many other fighters such Bisping mention it makes such a big difference to the cardio and the fighter gassing out earlier than normal, Leon was not adjusted to the climate properly i believe but this is not to say he will win.
Whats your guys thoughts will none elevation Edwards become a sort of a " sea level Cain" type of situation or was Usman always just the better guy in the fight, with Leon just having a good first round and the head kick being his hail mary ?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Those guys don’t live and train at the same elevation. That was the biggest issue. Usman lives and trains at about 1000 feet above SLC. Edwards lives and trains at about 3700 feet below SLC.

100% it was a BIG factor.

This fight is going to be happening at 36 feet above sea level. It could be a completely different fight.

His kicks will be key to victory. Keep usman at distance. I think leon will win this fight again. Usman is on his way out of the division soon.
what if Leon subs him would this blow your mind ? it would shock me a fair bit

It could be because in their first fight leon fought at elevation but usman fought inside a temporal time bubble that preserved the atmosphere at sea level. It was a huge advantage no one talks about.

It could be because in their first fight leon fought at elevation but usman fought inside a temporal time bubble that preserved the atmosphere at sea level. It was a huge advantage no one talks about.

All that cheeky Wakanda tech

Leon only threw 164 strikes.
Yes he tired Usman with the bodykicks and slowed him down with the low kicks. He also is really good at slowing the pace.

But Colby has the output record with 541 against Lawler, who was a content being a striking victim.
He will weaponize that Cardio on him though and the southpaw stance from Colby is a disadvantage for Leon.

Back