Will small cage hamper Miocic's chances vs. Cormier?

You can't blamed Stipe to benefit the HW belt for earn money !
Cain kept the belt for 2 years without be stripped ! Stipe can keep the belt One year without be stripped ! He deserved more than Cain !

I'm sure they could get the bigger cage in there just for one event if they wanted to.

Dc should be heavily disqualified for eyepokes, it changed the first fight and brings doubts on his win

?

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant, I was talking about Stipe getting dick’d over on the immediate rematch. He had to wait out BB and then the whole Brock situation.

If you believe Cormier's gloating it will. “I love fighting at the APEX, that old leg is gonna be right in front of me to grab.... I hope Stipe has his wrestling shoes, because with the small cage, single-leg, single-leg, single-leg, single-leg, wrestling." And media noise has it that Miocic would prefer the larger cage. But he didn't sound fazed at all about the prospect when the topic came up on his Twitch stream. It's not like it would be his first time fighting in the 25-footer, they've used it for some Fight Nights before this. And Stipe does have a lot more wrestling chops than your example Volkov.

Miocic is a decent grappler so shouldn't affact him too much. He knows the blueprint now. Attack the body early and reguarly and he will wear Cormier out and probably TKO him again.
Exactly. Cormier's early strategy was hands open and high to prevent head strikes. If he protects his body more, he will be open to the head strikes from the taller man that he was trying to avoid to begin with. This fight will be won by the better gameplan.

We just want something different. DC should have had to win 1 more or at least face Frank for #1 spot. Of course we're going to watch it, but no one wants to eat the same food 3 nights in a row.

Right because you make a guy who's ranked in top 10 P4P, a two-weight world champion, and who had already KO'd Stipe stiff in 3 minutes and was winning the 2nd fight until he was finished wait.

Please keep impressing Sherdog with your knowledge.

why_does_my_hamster_bite_its_cage_2568_orig.jpg I misread the thread title and just spent the last hour looking at pictures of small cage hamsters.

idk but i feel like this fight means to much to dc's career to take it at his age. could care less about it. felt like he blew the second fight and should have just stopped there.

Stipe looked like a world beater against Francis , and although he made a GREAT adjustment against DC, if not the best I’ve seen during a fight... I think it’s still a 50:50 fight. Stipe needs to keep it standing and a smaller cage could aid DC.

UFC champs dont think like pussys TS, perhaps if you were ufc champ you'd be that type of guy but i dont believe theres any chance Stipe is

It looks like it affected Volkovs performance against Blaydes. I'm not saying he could have beaten him because of that.. but it's still a big advantage for wrestlers. And when they are 1-1 with about 50/50 chances it can seal the deal. I don't think the UFC should do that. Why did they decide to use a smaller cage in times of pandemic. If anything it makes the guys to transmit the disease easy as they are closer to each other.

especially when refs allow wrestlers to just lie on guys for the entire round, not doing shit...that needs to change. i'm all for wrestling and takedowns, but once a guy is taken down, the person doing the takedown, needs to improve position, actively attack, go for a submission...if they just lie there, they should immediately be stood up...none of this, throw a punch every 30 seconds. refs are far too lenient with allowing this...the blaydes/volkov fight is the perfect example of what shouldn't happen and why the rules need to change. or updated...herb should have stood them up, the moment blaydes just layed in volkov's guard and was obviously just resting, cause he was gassed.

We just want something different. DC should have had to win 1 more or at least face Frank for #1 spot. Of course we're going to watch it, but no one wants to eat the same food 3 nights in a row.
i do that all the time

Right because you make a guy who's ranked in top 10 P4P, a two-weight world champion, and who had already KO'd Stipe stiff in 3 minutes and was winning the 2nd fight until he was finished wait.

Cormier was going to lose a decision in the second fight even if he survived the fourth

I don't think it matters much for either fighter here. In the striking, Stipe was the one coming forward and pressuring, so if anything it favors him there. Stipe didn't defend takedowns from DC with his footwork, so I don't think that will matter too much either.

DC doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a TS right now. Big Frank should be fighting for the strap.

Back