Will the fact that he was always a paper champ haunt DC?

Jones was roided up for both their fights, and for DC there seems to be no reason to suspect him of using any. And I'm confident to say that DC would have beaten a clean Jon, let alone if the tables were turned and DC was roided and Jon was clean, that would have been a massacre.

So nahhh, hes not the paperchamp.

Jon Jones was the paper champ, not DC.

He needed steroids to beat DC
45WW0wy.jpg

It will. And if he beats and dominates Stipe, it will be good for him, but even better for Jones would become solidified as the GOAT. That would mean Jones was better than HWs all along, and was dominating more talented division.

DC has a good legacy he also beat the crap out of great heavyweights and won a strikeforce belt.

It will. And if he beats and dominates Stipe, it will be good for him, but even better for Jones would become solidified as the GOAT. That would mean Jones was better than HWs all along, and was dominating more talented division.

Only retards reach such a dumbass conclusion. Yeah, you fit the bill.

The champion is supposed to be #1 but I don't think there is a person out there who thinks DC is #1 above Jones or that he is the true undisputed champion of that division.

DC has lost to Jones twice and has only retained the belt because Jones has fucked up. Has he performed his championship duties well? Absolutely. He has defended the belt and walks and talks like a champion but ultimately I think even DC knows that he is just taking care of another man's belt, a man whom he lost to twice.

This is why DC is so adamant in wanting to beat Stipe. I don't think DC took this fight for the money at all. He took this fight because he knew if he beats Stipe and becomes the first ever unified Heavyeweight champion people will forget about the Jones saga which will continue to haunt his legacy.

Thoughts?
What you're arguing is over the lineal championship, which in that case means that Jones was never the lineal champion due to the fact that Ortiz was never the lineal champion.

Cormier is the champion. Jones is a cheater. I don't put any more thought or energy into this topic than that.

You have habit of answering your own question instead of participating in the conversation. No one gives a fuck about you weird narrow minded interpretation of events.

PC talked shit, took a shit kicking

ummmm pretty much that's reality.

you're pathetic

What you're arguing is over the lineal championship, which in that case means that Jones was never the lineal champion due to the fact that Ortiz was never the lineal champion.

Cormier is the champion. Jones is a cheater. I don't put any more thought or energy into this topic than that.

the only thing lineal is the segment between the bottom and the top you broomstick

i just didn't recall him getting popped for anything, thanks for the info. i know he just kind of vanished after like a couple of bodog fights

i remember somethign happened to him, but i cant remember. wikipedia will sort this out lol

PC talked shit, took a shit kicking

ummmm pretty much that's reality.

you're pathetic
Haha wow.

Daniel Cormier lost two fights in his life, to the same man, each time clouded by substance abuse.

He succeeded in a tremendous way in everything he did, in two different sports, two different weight classes, in his private and public life.

If you should consider him a failure, what do you think of the rest of the UFC roster ? And well, while at that, of yourself?

sorry bud. the subject is whether Dan Cormier is a paper champ. not a failure.

whether Jones popped hot or not aint the question. question is "did Cormier defeat a reigning champ for the belt?"

Nope.

sorry bud. the subject is whether Dan Cormier is a paper champ. not a failure.

whether Jones popped hot or not aint the question. question is "did Cormier defeat a reigning champ for the belt?"

Nope.
so, who beat Bas Rutten for the HW belt?

or more recent, who beat GSP for the WW belt, did Whittaker win the MW belt from GSP?

Pretty much this.
I can also agree with this. I mean, calling an interim champ a paper champ, I get that, but calling someone a paper champ when the last person who held the belt is unable to defend the belt or even compete, I don't really agree with. And yeah, Jones is a warrior with a damn near perfect record. Love or hate, can't deny his skills.

The champion is supposed to be #1 but I don't think there is a person out there who thinks DC is #1 above Jones or that he is the true undisputed champion of that division.

DC has lost to Jones twice and has only retained the belt because Jones has fucked up. Has he performed his championship duties well? Absolutely. He has defended the belt and walks and talks like a champion but ultimately I think even DC knows that he is just taking care of another man's belt, a man whom he lost to twice.

This is why DC is so adamant in wanting to beat Stipe. I don't think DC took this fight for the money at all. He took this fight because he knew if he beats Stipe and becomes the first ever unified Heavyeweight champion people will forget about the Jones saga which will continue to haunt his legacy.

Thoughts?
Have you ever stopped to think that Jon won exactly because he was on something (or as you put, Jon fucked up)?
The fact that this was confirmed, added to the fact that he beat all other top contender only cement the fact that only haters consider him "paper" champ.

not his fault Jon can't win while clean.

or more recent, who beat GSP for the WW belt, did Whittaker win the MW belt from GSP?

it's a different scenario. Whitaker didn't have the option to fight the reigning champ. Cormier is the champ because the guy he lost to twice went full-on crack head in his private life, lost the belt and pissed hot, getting himself disqualified.

Cormier never took peds? To think that is pretty naive.

"If" Cormier wasn't on Peds during his fights with Jones it really doesn't matter because if he ever did Peds at any time during his career it makes him a hypocrite.

Guys a paper champ. PC.

Back