Will the UFC allow Jones to hold onto the belt and duck Aspinall for two consecutive fights?

Nothing would surprise me at this point tbh.

I'm starting to wonder if Captain Picto has some sort of dirt on the big bald goofapotomus.
Well, there is a rumor going around that Jones is gay..............

Is tom injured? This reminds me of some interim champ a long time ago that kept defending that belt. That's the way you do it.

If tom is the interim champ, just keep fighting. You'll be active, you'll be in the spotlight, and honestly, a belt that is defended is better than one that only has one fight, despite how its called.
Nobody gives Barao credit for his interim title defenses. He should be considered a 3 time defending champion. If the champion can't defend within a year they should be stripped. What happened with Jiri and Hill was the right way to do things, not make the interim champ clean up their division with defenses that history won't count the same.

Ask yourself, does the UFC want to make that fight right now? Has Jon been offered the fight? If the answers to these questions is no then how can you duck something that isn't even on the table?
I think you got it backwards. Jon is telling the UFC who he won't fight. Not the other way around. If Jones wanted to fight Tom, they would announce it the next day

Which fight are you talking about?

Jones was slated to fight stipe that fight was postponed it was never canceled he's injured so that's the fight that's on tap any other fight after that has to be officially offered there is no offered fight for Jones outside of Stipe...

So how can he be ducking

I don't think jones will be fighting two more times as he is entering Priesthood soon. Meeting up with other religious leaders to achieve world peace and spread the teachings of Jesus is his true destiny.

Has the kitty cat crew seen your av yet? Worried they may have died from cuteness. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @Luthien @BroRogan wellness check, please

Only fighters that can "Duck" are champions. No fighter is obliged to fight another. However a champion is obliged to fight the number 1 contender. There is no more clear #1 contender then someone holding an Interim Title.

Yes it is when you hold what you claim to be an Undisputed Title yet publicly declare you are not fighting the Interim Champion.

Jones is booked to fight stipe not Tom he has a fight on tap he's injured and that fight is postponed there was no other officially offered fight for Jones then stipe

Has the kitty cat crew seen your av yet? Worried they may have died of cuteness. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @Luthien @BroRogan wellness check, please
200w.gif

He's in the crew now!!

Jones was slated to fight stipe that fight was postponed it was never canceled he's injured so that's the fight that's on tap any other fight after that has to be officially offered there is no offered fight for Jones outside of Stipe...

So how can he be ducking
There's no contract for a Stipe fight. Jon got injured, Stipe didn't fight Pav, Tom did. Stipe lost his chance and the division moved on.

I think you got it backwards. Jon is telling the UFC who he won't fight. Not the other way around. If Jones wanted to fight Tom, they would announce it the next day
This is from Dana

White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.​

You are the narrowsighted fan that Dana adores.....

Jones fighting a geriatric stipe, who hasn't won a fight in 4 years over the interim champ... whats the point of the "interim" champ or even the champ then, you cannot tell me that this is merit based or that this is for the stingy excuse of "money", Stipe was never a superstar in the ufc.

To add the cherry on the top, if he ends up fighting Poatan instead Tom afterwards thats another big fuck you to all the intermin holders in the past and the HW division. The notion of some guy being able to propel his way to a title shot because of popularity desipite only having a singular title defense in a lighter weight division and never fighting a hw....These are the clownish type antics that holds this sport back.

Lol

No you're the fan that Dana White loves the fan that believes an interim title that was created because Jones was injured somehow makes Tom worthy of a title shot against the long running light heavyweight champion and now heavyweight champion Jon Jones the resumes aren't even close to being the same also Stipe was the last champion before Jon Jones and Francis who ran from Jones... That's why the stipe fight makes more sense you actually have championship caliber fighters facing each other and say what you want about stipe but he's one of the best heavyweight fighters of all time

You bought and sold into the interim champ instead of understanding who the real champ is... there was no need for an interim title Dana just needed to sell a pay-per-view

That said if the numbers make sense Jones will fight anyone he's proven this time and time again

There's no contract for a Stipe fight. Jon got injured, Stipe didn't fight Pav, Tom did. Stipe lost his chance and the division moved on.

I believe the stipe and Jones fight is still lined up to happen I believe that's what's next unless I'm missing something but even so none of these fighters have been officially offered to Jon Jones as an opponent so you cannot duck something that has not been offered

This is from Dana

White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.​

No shit. I wrote that thread as you may know. If you read the embedded article, Dana said Tom couldn't have the Jones fight 'because Jones wants Stipe and Stipe wants Jones'. That's why. Jones is calling the shots and that article proves it.

I believe the stipe and Jones fight is still lined up to happen I believe that's what's next unless I'm missing something but even so none of these fighters have been officially offered to Jon Jones as an opponent so you cannot duck something that has not been offered
Contracts don't remain valid if the fight doesn't happen.

No shit. I wrote that thread as you may know. If you read the embedded article, Dana said Tom couldn't have the Jones fight 'because Jones wants Stipe and Stipe wants Jones'. That's why. Jones is calling the shots and that article proves it.
Dana also says this

“Well, that ain’t happening,” White said. “Stipe, you have to understand this, if you look at what Stipe’s accomplished in this sport, what he’s done, where he’s at in his career, he wants the Jon Jones fight, and I get it. Arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time versus the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. He wants that fight.

These are Dana's words. Wouldn't it be fair to say Stipe is calling the shots as well by that logic?

Ultimately, we know who is calling the shots and it damn sure isn't Jon or Stipe.

Dana also says this

“Well, that ain’t happening,” White said. “Stipe, you have to understand this, if you look at what Stipe’s accomplished in this sport, what he’s done, where he’s at in his career, he wants the Jon Jones fight, and I get it. Arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time versus the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. He wants that fight.

These are Dana's words. Wouldn't it be fair to say Stipe is calling the shots as well by that logic?

Ultimately, we know who is calling the shots and it damn sure isn't Jon or Stipe.
I could see how that might make sense to someone who doesn't know how the UFC works. The UFC calls the shots until you're a big star and they need you more than you need them and then at that point, you get to call the shots. Brock, Ronda, Conor, Jones, they all had the same thing in common, they broke through the gravitational pull that the UFC exerts to keep fighters down, to keep them cheap and hungry and now the UFC needed them more than they needed the UFC and then they bent over backwards for anything they wanted. If Jones doesn't want to fight Tom, then he won't have to and he won't get stripped for it either, like any other champ would.

Jones is booked to fight stipe not Tom he has a fight on tap he's injured and that fight is postponed there was no other officially offered fight for Jones then stipe
Two things:
1) you do not have any direct knowledge of what was and wasn't offered to Jones "Contractually"

2) Hypothetical scenario. If the UFC says to Jon "We want you to fight Aspinall and unify the belts" and he says "fuck that I ain't fighting Aspinall." then no written contract means Jon in that scenario isn't "Ducking"?

Dana has said there are more ways to Duck then to simply refuse a written contractually offered fight. Fights get negotiated first and then contracts get put on paper.

Back