Will there ever be another Conor?

Of course there will be other fighters to win multiple belts and possibly have a money fight with a boxer. But do you think we as fans will ever feed into the trash talking and drama again to the extent that we have with Conor?

What is this? A remembering Conor tribute before he gets smashed?

Different cultures though. He's a young irish kid with confidence. It happens and it's how it is. You can't compare that to some of the quieter fighters from other countries - most of which either don't speak English or it's not their first language.

You bring a kid to an MMA gym at age 13, mix in the dublin scene, characters like Conor, artem and co. and you're going to have some confidence and cockiness at the age of 13. He'd respect other fighters for what they are doing but he doesn't need to respect them as people. Respect is earned.

And he has not earned one once of respect with his fkn mouth. That's some bullshit. There's Pricks in every Gym, in every country. You are just defending his actions, because you are a Conor fan, and he is a mini Mcgregor. Look at what all his fellow fighters call him (Conor wannabe). I think they would understand this better than yourself. Other great fighters like Conlan, prove your theory wrong. He has a lot of respect, and gives it as well. Just my opinion.
These pics sum it up perfectly....
Conor's fake Lat shot:
mcgregor.jpg

Mini Conor:
113_James_Gallagher.jpg

I wonder where Conor got this from???

CNRRIP.jpeg
CNRRIP2.jpeg

Of course there will be other fighters to win multiple belts and possibly have a money fight with a boxer. But do you think we as fans will ever feed into the trash talking and drama again to the extent that we have with Conor?

Yes...sadly mma attracts spectacularly dumb fans who eat up douchebaggery.

Exhibit 'A'

At his peak, Chael could easily have become what we now recognize as Conor. Chael had the mouth, he was an elite athlete (of the "less stringent" testing era, but still), and even though he wasn't champ his fights pulled down huge numbers. He just had the misfortune of running into two of the best fighters of all time close to their primes, and couldn't get over the hump to become the champion. (Anderson and Jones)

Ronda arguably was also a "Conor". Tito was also a "Conor" in the dark ages of MMA (which we seem to be re-entering again with the declining PPV numbers). So yes I think there will also be a place for a brash, trash talking champ.

At his peak, Chael could easily have become what we now recognize as Conor. Chael had the mouth, he was an elite athlete (of the "less stringent" testing era, but still), and even though he wasn't champ his fights pulled down huge numbers. He just had the misfortune of running into two of the best fighters of all time close to their primes, and couldn't get over the hump to become the champion. (Anderson and Jones)

Ronda arguably was also a "Conor". Tito was also a "Conor" in the dark ages of MMA (which we seem to be re-entering again with the declining PPV numbers). So yes I think there will also be a place for a brash, trash talking champ.
Chael is boring as fuck.

Ronda was arm-barring everyone and Conor was knocking people out.

Awful, awful post.

Casually forgot GSP. GSP fights used to be events. I remember everybody getting together for them. I also remember the times when you couldnt get a seat at a bar for UFC unless you went 3 hours early. Oh how times have changed.
I did casually leave GSP out. Aside from the head kick KO of Matt Hughes, I never really think of him having a killer instinct. I was never excited to watch him fight.

Just my opinion obviously, I’d rather see him retired as opposed to fucking up already proper fucked rankings.

Sure. There are lots of monoskilled idiots that can be hyped to the fucking sky against all reason.

Different cultures though. He's a young irish kid with confidence. It happens and it's how it is. You can't compare that to some of the quieter fighters from other countries - most of which either don't speak English or it's not their first language.

You bring a kid to an MMA gym at age 13, mix in the dublin scene, characters like Conor, artem and co. and you're going to have some confidence and cockiness at the age of 13. He'd respect other fighters for what they are doing but he doesn't need to respect them as people. Respect is earned.

That went well for the little fella, huh? Karma is a bitch, people run their mouths and Karma knocks them down. Perhaps this humbles him a bit...That was a nasty fkn KO Man....

Back