Will Topuria be bigger than Mcgregor?

nah, i dont think so. McGoober was the result of a lot of factors inside and outside the cage as well as timing.
Topuria is not free flowing with charisma. in fact, his trash talk is pretty sad and pathetic. it gives the impression he is overcompensating.
he would do better to just adopt a silent killer type of personality. that would fit him more.

Horrible at press conferences. No personality. Ducks Max, Ortega, etc.

He's a manlet with rocket fists. He'll get figured out and wiped out soon enough. He'll never reach Baldo's status. He won't even be bigger than Johny Hendricks or Jamahal Hill when it's all said and done.
He's already better than Hill lmao, be fair.

If you think so you have autism and can't understand social interaction

He's a manlet with rocket fists. He'll get figured out and wiped out soon enough. He'll never reach Baldo's status. He won't even be bigger than Johny Hendricks or Jamahal Hill when it's all said and done.
Baldo confirmed GOAT

who do you think can beat Topuria?

I don't think it's possible to out-Conor Conor. If you ask 'will X fighter be bigger than Conor', to me it kind of already implies that they won't be. They will just be a knock off version of him. It's like 'the next Bruce Lee' thing, if you're the next 'whoever', you are by definition beneath them imo, you have to become something new entirely and Topuria isn't it imo, he is a Conor knock off

Reactions: HHJ
Baldo confirmed GOAT

who do you think can beat Topuria?

I think Holloway could beat him. I also think Volk can beat him in a rematch if wrestles more.

I could also see O'Malley moving up to 145 and dusting his chin.

No chance. A guy like Omalley has a better chance, and he wont come close either.

nope....i get that you hate volk and conor but a wannabe is never gonna surpass the og. nonetheless, he is an exceptional talent, can't wait for him to square up with max

i'd argue he's gonna maintain the spotlight more than hill if he followsup his poatan loss with losing to roundtree

No I dont think so, but people shouldnt put that kind of pressure on him anyway.

He can be a big star in his own way

Conor was a kind of guy that forces you to pay attention to him wether you like it or not..there really isnt that many guys who are good at that as he is.

When he went to that boxing event and said hes the new king of boxing!! when he was about to fight Mayweather

There is very few guys who are insane enough and have the confidence enough to do that.

Nope. Eben Topuria's biggest win for the belt pales in comparison.

Conor beat a 28 year old Aldo who was ranked #1 pound for pound and hadn't lost in over a decade.

Topuria isn't charismatic, and beat a 35 year Volk who had been KOed 3 months prior and was 1-2 in his last 3.

Not even close. He has an exciting fighting style and elite talent but people aren't embracing his personality and he has some of the worst trash talk I've ever heard. Reminds me more of Cody Garbrandt than Conor tbh, except Cody was actually likeable.

No, Connie had that x factor outside of the cage and on the mic, a certain presence that was captivating to people.
Top doesn't have that, no matter how dominant he becomes in the cage.

I don't think it's possible to out-Conor Conor. If you ask 'will X fighter be bigger than Conor', to me it kind of already implies that they won't be. They will just be a knock off version of him. It's like 'the next Bruce Lee' thing, if you're the next 'whoever', you are by definition beneath them imo, you have to become something new entirely and Topuria isn't it imo, he is a Conor knock off
Yes exactly this.

Conor was lighting in a bottle, right place right time stuff. It crossed over to pop culture in a way that is fairly unique in MMA.

Topuria is almost completely unknown outside of MMA and his small home country. He's not going airborne like Conor did.

Reactions: HHJ
I'd be surprised if any MMA fighter is ever bigger than McGregor. There's a pretty serious gap between him and everyone else in the sport in terms of PPV performance.

Back