Will UFC 249 be Cancelled?

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Reports are coming out that New York is the most infected state in the US, and is rapidly spreading Covid-19. The US is way behind on testing compared to other countries (so is Canada). This is why the official numbers are so low. Dana White said in the Khabib/Tony conference that they weren’t going to cancel it, but pretty soon it’s going to be out of his hands. Unless they decide to move it somewhere that has less confirmed cases, I really don’t see this event happening, at least not in New York. Concerts and other public events are being cancelled/postponed left and right. They just postponed Coachella. Anyone else still think this is just a normal flu that is going to go away soon? Not me, this is a global pandemic, and I don’t think we’ve even begun to see the worst of what this viral outbreak will bring. To conclude, I’m really sad that the fight we’ve all been looking forward to will most likely be cancelled, this sucks.

Edit: I meant to say New York and Washington state are the most infected in the country. This is especially scary for me as I live in BC.

Last edited:
MilkyDevotedAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

They can move the event or have it closed off to the public. Please stop talking about this LOL.

Reports are coming out that New York is the most infected state in the US, and is rapidly spreading Covid-19. The US is way behind on testing compared to other countries (so is Canada). This is why the official numbers are so low. Dana White said in the Khabib/Tony conference that they weren’t going to cancel it, but pretty soon it’s going to be out of his hands. Unless they decide to move it somewhere that has less confirmed cases, I really don’t see this event happening, at least not in New York. Concerts and other public events are being cancelled/postponed left and right. They just postponed Coachella. Anyone else still think this is just a normal flu that is going to go away soon? Not me, this is a global pandemic, and I don’t think we’ve even begun to see the worst of what this viral outbreak will bring. To conclude, I’m really sad that the fight we’ve all been looking forward to will most likely be cancelled, this sucks.

If it's really that bad then I'm pretty sure that they'll just move the event to a different location. Just over a month left so fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly

Do what other mma orgs did and have it without an audience.

It's definitely going to happen. Worst case scenario they move it.

Now stop making hysterical threads about it.

Great, more fearmongering.

Do what other mma orgs did and have it without an audience.
I would honestly be fine with this. PPV buys would still be worth it to UFC. They would obviously take a hit on the live-gate revenue, but the fight could still happen!

It's definitely going to happen. Worst case scenario they move it.

Now stop making hysterical threads about it.
Bump this thread in a few weeks then if I’m wrong, I think you’re taking this shit too lightly imo.
<{cruzshake}>

I would honestly be fine with this. PPV buys would still be worth it to UFC. They would obviously take a hit on the live-gate revenue, but the fight could still happen!

Fights without audience sucks - Khabib vs. Tony deserves better.

Ferguson vs Khabib in an empty arena would be even more epic.

Fights without audience sucks - Khabib vs. Tony deserves better.
You’re right, but with how many times this fight has been cancelled, the anticipation of the match-up, and the way things are going with Coronavirus? I completely agree with you, but this fight seems cursed, and I just hope it happens at all. I really wanna see it.

They moved an event 6 days before just because of Jon Jones.

This is all NSAC's fault for over-punishing Khabib then not returning his money or apologizing.

If it wasnt for their arrogance Khabib and Tony would have fought on last weekend's card instead of having their 5th fight now up in the air due to coronavirus

Bro, if it's that big of an issue, they could easily just move it like they did with Jones/Gus

Back