Will UFC 249 be Cancelled?

We will just have to wait and see ... supposedly after another 2-3 weeks of "social distancing", we might see a return to normal life.
Unfortuantley from everything i've read and seen as regarding "social distancing" in USA, hardly anyone is doing it, or, perhaps it is better to say, that nowhere near a high-enough percentage of people are doing this. Certain people are simply too self-absorbed and self-centered to do anything for the Greater Good of Their Nation.
I just don't think the average American has really taken all this on-board. People don't wanna change, but they are going to NEED to if they want their jobs to still exist, and if they do actually want to watch NBA and NFL and baseball this YEAR and they want their children to be able to go to school.

The level of observance of these measures in Italy and China was, from everything i've seen, really very high. They all pulled in the right direction. USA is sorry to say a million miles behind. Regrettably this thing is going to keep getting a helluva lot worse until people are FORCED to take drastic action, stay indoors, social distancing, no more parties / sports / bars / restaurants / clubs / events.

Witness people in San Fran just walking around, skating, chatting, socializing after they were told "shelter in place".
Witness the Florida beach and all the hordes just carrying on as normal.

They just think "Well fuck it....I'm ok Jack, s'all I care about".

Just my view on that.

Unfortuantley from everything i've read and seen as regarding "social distancing" in USA, hardly anyone is doing it, or, perhaps it is better to say, that nowhere near a high-enough percentage of people are doing this. Certain people are simply too self-absorbed and self-centered to do anything for the Greater Good of Their Nation.
I just don't think the average American has really taken all this on-board. People don't wanna change, but they are going to NEED to if they want their jobs to still exist, and if they do actually want to watch NBA and NFL and baseball this YEAR and they want their children to be able to go to school.

The level of observance of these measures in Italy and China was, from everything i've seen, really very high. They all pulled in the right direction. USA is sorry to say a million miles behind. Regrettably this thing is going to keep getting a helluva lot worse until people are FORCED to take drastic action, stay indoors, social distancing, no more parties / sports / bars / restaurants / clubs / events.

Witness people in San Fran just walking around, skating, chatting, socializing after they were told "shelter in place".
Witness the Florida beach and all the hordes just carrying on as normal.

They just think "Well fuck it....I'm ok Jack, s'all I care about".

Just my view on that.

Here in my country they have started dishing out fines. Our confinement only started monday, the fines were 35 euros at first but today they have increased to 135 euros, and majored up to 375E.

Here in my country they have started dishing out fines. Our confinement only started monday, the fines were 35 euros at first but today they have increased to 135 euros, and majored up to 375E.
well if it's an incentive to do the Right Thing, and it's for a Very Good Reason, then a fine is ok.

A bit of history...

Europe has had, ok a long time ago, dealt with a very large amount of combat in WW2.
Occupying forces in many countries. A large amount of WW2 was conducted in Europe for obvious reasons. There were massive liberties denied everyone, people were not allowed out, no lights AT ALL allowed at night-time in large cities. People were shot, executed, locked up, tortured, all many of nasty things, and the countries suffered massive civilian casualties and starvation and basically no liberty for years. But they stuck it out, and won in the end, (yes obviously with help from powerful Allies).
Reason I mention this is....Europe has a history of Being Able to take the Hard Road when it's fighting a persistent enemy and accepting Short-Term (years!) of Pain and Suffering and Discomfort and Death to emerge, ultimately, free again.

Everyone should think on that a little I think. Sometimes a Siege Mentality is what is required to Win a war.
America needs to do this, or else 2020 (and maybe longer) is totally fried.

Umm no, you're way off with your numbers, which makes me think you're either a troll, or just a retard.

Official figures estimate around 68,000 flu related deaths in Italy over a 5 year period. Not 70,000 in one year.

The main point your missing is not the mortality rate, its not a competition between which virus will kill more people. The point is that COVID-19 is brand new and nobody has an immunity to it, so it's spreading like wild fire (unlike the common flu) and is overwhelming public infrastructure.

You might not give a shit, and after reading this you'll probably try to find some other virus that has killed more people than COVID-19 will to try to prove a point that its not serious, but what you don't realise is that when the dust settles from this pandemic there is going to be a nasty global recession that's going to last us years and years. Not to mention a death toll that will likely run into the hundreds of thousands when all is said and done. Those deaths will be in addition to the usual anual deaths caused by modern flu.
I don’t get how countries are surprised. We saw China pull out draconian methods and locked down over 500 million people. In the process the crippled their manufacturing infrastructure for over a month. China’s wouldn’t haven taken such drastic measures if this was just a flu.

We have countries like Italy that have horrific statistics being reported and many cases of people under 40 needing ICU treatment. The US stuck it’s head in the sand for a month. Even with Italy on full lockdown it’s hell over there. That will be the US in 2 weeks.

This fight ain’t happening in Apros

well if it's an incentive to do the Right Thing, and it's for a Very Good Reason, then a fine is ok.

A bit of history...

Europe has had, ok a long time ago, dealt with a very large amount of combat in WW2.
Occupying forces in many countries. A large amount of WW2 was conducted in Europe for obvious reasons. There were massive liberties denied everyone, people were not allowed out, no lights AT ALL allowed at night-time in large cities. People were shot, executed, locked up, tortured, all many of nasty things, and the countries suffered massive civilian casualties and starvation and basically no liberty for years. But they stuck it out, and won in the end, (yes obviously with help from powerful Allies).
Reason I mention this is....Europe has a history of Being Able to take the Hard Road when it's fighting a persistent enemy and accepting Short-Term (years!) of Pain and Suffering and Discomfort and Death to emerge, ultimately, free again.

Everyone should think on that a little I think. Sometimes a Siege Mentality is what is required to Win a war.
America needs to do this, or else 2020 (and maybe longer) is totally fried.

Well since I am French, I should know about that a little ;). So far in my small town the restrictions seem to pass quite well, streets are empty, practically no one is out doing anything not allowed, It's also starting to be beautiful outside, sunny and warmer, I live near a river bank and have fields behind me, usually very popular with runners, cyclists and people walking their dogs but right now people seem to be pretty well behaved. But I have seen videos of Paris, and it's like nothing happened. Pretty sad.

We can only go out with written authorisations that we have to print online, to go grocery shopping, to go to work if we really have to, walk the dog, go for a run but only close to home and alone. If we are stopped we need to be able to provide that authorisation, otherwise you get fined.

You're first paragraph is ridiculously mis-informed. It did not 'explode beyond their capacity' at all. The Italian healthcare system has dealt with ~2million flu cases since last October, successfully treating apprx 1.3million. You think an additional 30,000 COVID cases broke their system ? No. Modelling of current data (which so far this week shows the ratio of deaths to infections decreasing) predicts a fatality rate of ~1%, this figure is not 20x or 30x more than the flu virus.

It's funny, because you keep claiming "I'm not saying it's the flu" and then you're saying that because they were able to deal with the ordinary flu, that it somehow is an indication of their ability to deal with this particular virus. You seem to want to have it both ways more than Dennis Rodman or Ru Paul. Let's be very clear, here, YOU CLEARLY ARE CLAIMING IT'S BASICALLY THE FLU.

The flu, however, rarely requires artificial breathing equipment or isolation, so, yes, 35000 cases could push beyond capacity even if a fraction of that requires that kind of critical care support. Also, it's not like an available bed in Palermo is going to help if cases spike in Naples. The fact that nearly 3000 have already died would seem to be an indication that they don't have the critical care capacity to deal with this. Kind of obvious to people with a functioning frontal lobe.

You really need to STFU on this. You're as ignorant as it gets on the subject.

basically as reported from Italy, the principal Cause of Death for this COVID-19 virus is respiratory failure resulting from the same problem every time : bilateral interstitial pneumonia. Basically the lungs cease to function well enough to continue breathing.

Hospital admissions from COVID-19 seem to be very consistent as per :
"Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized."

this from an Italian Doctor, Dr Macchini, who treated a lot of patients in Milan.

Well since I am French, I should know about that a little ;). So far in my small town the restrictions seem to pass quite well, streets are empty, practically no one is out doing anything not allowed, It's also starting to be beautiful outside, sunny and warmer, I live near a river bank and have fields behind me, usually very popular with runners, cyclists and people walking their dogs but right now people seem to be pretty well behaved. But I have seen videos of Paris, and it's like nothing happened. Pretty sad.

We can only go out with written authorisations that we have to print online, to go grocery shopping, to go to work if we really have to, walk the dog, go for a run but only close to home and alone. If we are stopped we need to be able to provide that authorisation, otherwise you get fined.

I'm in San Francisco and just want to say, whatever you've seen on TV isn't accurate (I haven't seen the stories myself). The streets, workplaces, stores, are all empty. Some people go out for short walks and exercise per the rules, but people who don't know each other aren't clumping together.

Back