Winner of Fury/Usyk vs Winner of Joshua/Ngannou 2024 in Saudi

My educated guess is fury will duck any rematch with ngannou. They don’t fight again!
If they both win their next fight, the rematch would be the biggest HW boxing fight in over a decade (2 decades?). Doubt Fury would skip that.

Usyk would be 38 if they fight again. If he’s slipping at that the (every possibility) then I’d definitely give Joshua a chance. No that I really care about seeing the fight again

If they both win their next fight, the rematch would be the biggest HW boxing fight in over a decade (2 decades?). Doubt Fury would skip that.

Fury vs usyk is the biggest fight in 2 decades and he’s tried his hardest to avoid this fight. Even at a 70/30 split he turned the fight down! If he wins I don’t Expect him to rematch usyk, or fight Joshua/ngannou

Usky - Joshua 3 would be absolutely pointless and Ngannou won't win vs Joshua. So if Usyk wins he really has cleared out HW and can retire. If Fury wins I get the appeal of a Joshua fight but remember how much he bitched and avoided that fight when it was offered to him. Wouldn't expect that to materialize.

Fury is horrible as champ.

Usky - Joshua 3 would be absolutely pointless and Ngannou won't win vs Joshua. So if Usyk wins he really has cleared out HW and can retire. If Fury wins I get the appeal of a Joshua fight but remember how much he bitched and avoided that fight when it was offered to him. Wouldn't expect that to materialize.

Fury is horrible as champ.
Agreed. A trilogy fight would be pointless when one of them already clearly beat the other twice. Trilogies should only be Best of 3. Or occasionally reserved for rivalries that are tied or involve draws. Not when one of them is 2-0 over their opponent. The perception is that the Joshua-Usyk rematch was closer but RBR scoring is all that matters. Statistically Joshua actually did better in the first fight according to CompuBox. In the rematch he got outlanded 9 rounds to 3 where in the first fight he only got outlanded 7 rounds to 5. Those stats need to be taken with a grain of salt (I definitely didn't see Joshua outland Usyk in 5 rounds of the first fight) but that's what the data shows.

The Usyk-Joshua rematch was really no closer than the first fight when scored round-by-round. Only difference is that there was a blind judge that somehow scored it for Joshua which resulted in a "Split Decision."

First fight BoxingScene had it 8-4 Usyk
Second fight BoxingScene had it 8-4 Usyk

The reality is that Usyk just has Joshua's number. Remember Usyk literally came off the frontlines to rematch him. So, to say that Joshua can do better in a third fight but Usyk couldn't? That's ridiculous.
i mean, thats a strange thing to compare to when one the official judges who gave it to Usyk in the second fight scored it 7-5 in rounds

it was a close fight, go and watch it again

i mean, thats a strange thing to compare to when one the official judges who gave it to Usyk in the second fight scored it 7-5 in rounds

it was a close fight, go and watch it again
Reasonably close fights with a clear winner on both occasions. There's nothing strange about what I posted. What you posted, however, was strange. Joshua could fight Usyk 5 times and lose them all. He can't outbox him and Usyk can take his power. We know that he can't match his IQ or conditioning.

In both fights Usyk swept the last 3 rounds. Consider this. Joshua had 11 months to focus purely on Usyk and make improvements while his opponent was on the battlefield, not training boxing most of that time, but training as a soldier to defeat the Russian forces. We know that's more than enough time for Joshua to not only improve but to completely reinvent himself like he did against Ruiz in their rematch. He only had 6 months to work with there.

Agreed. A trilogy fight would be pointless when one of them already clearly beat the other twice. Trilogies should only be Best of 3. Or occasionally reserved for rivalries that are tied or involve draws. Not when one of them is 2-0 over their opponent. The perception is that the Joshua-Usyk rematch was closer but RBR scoring is all that matters. Statistically Joshua actually did better in the first fight according to CompuBox. In the rematch he got outlanded 9 rounds to 3 where in the first fight he only got outlanded 7 rounds to 5. Those stats need to be taken with a grain of salt (I definitely didn't see Joshua outland Usyk in 5 rounds of the first fight) but that's what the data shows.

That’s why I’m not interested in a 3rd fight; usyk already 2-0. The fights were competitive but with an absolute clear winner in both. There’s a chance that usyk could age before they fight again. He’ll be at least 38 years old and I think that’s the only way Joshua beats him. Just like the 3rd ggg/canelo fight I’d have no interest in watching it.

That’s why I’m not interested in a 3rd fight; usyk already 2-0. The fights were competitive but with an absolute clear winner in both. There’s a chance that usyk could age before they fight again. He’ll be at least 38 years old and I think that’s the only way Joshua beats him. Just like the 3rd ggg/canelo fight I’d have no interest in watching it.
Most likely Usyk will retire if he beats Fury. He has a signed contract with that Ukrainian premier league football club. I guess they were impressed when he tried out for them a while back and then picked him up. Like you said he's getting older. I don't expect him to stick around any longer should he win his next fight. He'll already have accomplished everything he set out to do in his boxing career.

Reasonably close fights with a clear winner on both occasions. There's nothing strange about what I posted. What you posted, however, was strange. Joshua could fight Usyk 5 times and lose them all. He can't outbox him and Usyk can take his power. We know that he can't match his IQ or conditioning.

In both fights Usyk swept the last 3 rounds. Consider this. Joshua had 11 months to focus purely on Usyk and make improvements while his opponent was on the battlefield, not training boxing most of that time, but training as a soldier to defeat the Russian forces. We know that's more than enough time for Joshua to not only improve but to completely reinvent himself like he did against Ruiz in their rematch. He only had 6 months to work with there.
i mean, you are posting scoring from fucking boxingscene, that is laughable for one

we'll just have to disagree, i think Joshua can fight better than he did in the second fight, i dont think Usyk can, and the second fight was what turned out to be a RAZOR thin win for Usyk, if Joshua had of won one more round on a judges card it would have been a draw

i mean, you are posting scoring from fucking boxingscene, that is laughable for one

we'll just have to disagree, i think Joshua can fight better than he did in the second fight, i dont think Usyk can, and the second fight was what turned out to be a RAZOR thin win for Usyk, if Joshua had of won one more round on a judges card it would have been a draw
How's that laughable? Joshua was the A-side in both fights and the first fight took place in his backyard. Of course we were likely going to see official scores that were closer than they should've been. In the rematch the American judge that scored it for Joshua was ridiculed after the fight. He had given him 5 of the first 6 rounds and the last round which Usyk outlanded Joshua in 2-to-1 LOL.

I don't even know if the Joshua we saw against. Wallin will be maintainable against Frank how in the feck cab two hw contenders remain so untested at this level.

How's that laughable? Joshua was the A-side in both fights and the first fight took place in his backyard. Of course we were likely going to see official scores that were closer than they should've been. In the rematch the American judge that scored it for Joshua was ridiculed after the fight. He had given him 5 of the first 6 rounds and the last round which Usyk outlanded Joshua in 2-to-1 LOL.
because boxingscene is fucking shite

because boxingscene is fucking shite
Most ringside observers had the same score. Listen to Sky Sports' live commentary heading into the last round…

“Everyone around us has Usyk in some sort of lead. Some very wide, some a little narrower. AJ needs the knockout.

Now watch the 12th and tell me how Joshua could've won it. It was clearly Usyk's round. Glenn Feldman's official scorecard in particular was disgraceful.

Most ringside observers had the same score. Listen to Sky Sports' live commentary heading into the last round…

“Everyone around us has Usyk in some sort of lead. Some very wide, some a little narrower. AJ needs the knockout.

Now watch the 12th and tell me how Joshua could've won it. It was clearly Usyk's round. Glenn Feldman's official scorecard in particular was disgraceful.

i think you misunderstand, if one of the rounds had of been different on the judge who scored it 7-5, the fight would have been a draw

it was a close fight is all i am saying, stop getting your knickers in a twist

i think you misunderstand, if one of the rounds had of been different on the judge who scored it 7-5, the fight would have been a draw

it was a close fight is all i am saying, stop getting your knickers in a twist
The rematch was a reasonably close fight, certainly not "razor close," unless you actually buy into the official scoring. The only reason the rematch was even ruled a Split Decision in the first place is because of Feldman who somehow had it 7-5 AJ. We know his scoring wasn't credible because he was giving clear Usyk rounds to AJ (like the 12th).

The rematch was a reasonably close fight, certainly not "razor close," unless you actually buy into the official scoring. The only reason the rematch was even ruled a Split Decision in the first place is because of Feldman who somehow had it 7-5 AJ. We know his scoring wasn't credible because he was giving clear Usyk rounds to AJ (like the 12th).
what an absurd take on a fight, you do know that the only actual scoring that matters is the official scoring right?

i dont "buy" into the official scoring, its actually the only scoring that matters

do boxingscene have there own boxing rankings and boxers records so we can ignore the actual real scores from the judges scoring the fights at ringside?

what an absurd take on a fight, you do know that the only actual scoring that matters is the official scoring right?

i dont "buy" into the official scoring, its actually the only scoring that matters

do boxingscene have there own boxing rankings and boxers records so we can ignore the actual real scores from the judges scoring the fights at ringside?
So you thought that Canelo got a legitimate draw against Floyd then (per CJ Ross)? When a judge literally gives rounds to a fighter that they clearly didn't deserve then their credibility is gone. And yes, BoxingScene does have their own rankings.

Back