Winter boots, do you guys wear them? What kind do you wear?

I wear a work/hiking style boot by Wolverine for shoveling, but that's the only time i wear them nowadays. Less snow than when i was younger and most places do a decent job of plowing, so i can just wear sneakers. I'll even wear them snowboarding and carry my boots.

Nah

Walked last 5 winters in sneakers and this ones no exception

1705019829352.png
I have a pair of these for shoveling or playing outside with the kids. Very comfortable, sometimes overly warm. Never stylish.

I bought these about 3 weeks ago and they've worked wonders. Light, laceless, waterproof and warm.

What I like about these is just you pop them on in mere seconds and you are good to go.

71RLRnJkNFL._AC_SX695_.jpg

Don't take this in the wrong way but you sound like AI. Every time I see an interesting slice of life thread it's you that started it.

If I owned a forum and wanted to drum up conversation I'd pay for an AI bot that posts in just your manner.

Thoughts? You AI bro.?

Not very much harsh weather where I live. I get a pair of waterproof Merrills every few years to keep my toes dry. Just picked up these last week. They are comfortable and I think they look pretty good.

MRLM-J500017-081021-S20-000.jpeg

810pi1IPVCL._AC_SR1224,979__FMwebp_.jpg

Funny I just picked up some boots today

Last edited:
Pair of waterproof hiking Salomons. Doesn't get incredibly cold in the UK. If it's going to be 'cold' I'll swap the socks out for warmer ones .

its cold, and lots of snow here in the winter, so i wear them big baffin expedition style boots

My young dog destroyed my Double H boots, so I’ve been using my Xtra Tuff boots around the house and my Lacrosse grange boots in the woods. Time to go shopping.

If I did it would be insulated Redwings.
We get snow accumulation maybe twice a decade, so sadly not much call for cold weather boots. I do, however, work in a shipyard where protective work boots are required. I was looking for a new pair just before the holidays (we get a semi-annual allowance) and wanted to hold out until the Redwings were in stock rather than what they had on hand. Two weeks after my first attempt, they had them in my size. Toe pointed down, finger in the bootstrap....pull and the loop pops off in my hand with what I'd medium effort. I destroyed the only pair they had! I took these instead, since my brand loyalty was misplaced.
1705087116427.png

lmao @ needing winter boots. GOATcal FTW

Right now, Columbia

ghete-barbati-columbia-firecamp-boot-7-negru.jpg

About 2 years ago, I got these Chinese fur lined hi-top air force one knockoffs that are waterproof and nonslip, and they actually work pretty great!

Basically these in all black with no Nike swoosh

1705089607885.png

Back