Women and Children FIRST! If your life is at risk, what do you do?

Death is comes for us all.

I'll take a death saving others. If for no other reason than I refuse to be so afraid of it.

I'm a stain on society so I would absolutely let other people live before me. I also like to think it would pretty much automatically be a ticket into heaven or whatever shangri-la you want to believe in.

What if you knew that your wife would remarry to an abusive junkie and your daughter would have daddy issues for life? What then?

Finding the dead fat guy who was taking up two seats and riding atop his body(no homo) with my dog to the nearest island. Also hoping a dead flight attendant floats ashore too, for research.

For research and sustenance?
stddarqtkrqlqn.jpg

I'd help kids - but women? Nah - you're just as equal to a man.

For those that say women and children - how about Trans?

What if you knew that your wife would remarry to an abusive junkie and your daughter would have daddy issues for life? What then?

For research and sustenance?
stddarqtkrqlqn.jpg
lol I have never seen flight attendants this fat they look like a Fernando botero painting
Woman_Smoking.jpg

Don't have a wife.

Hypothetically, if I somehow knew that shit for a fact, I might have to rethink it.

Take a few moments to ascertain which ones are stupid and have bad attitudes and will not contribute to society and let them have "accidents".

I’m on that boat. My dogs are on that boat. I’d actually make sure no one else gets on the boat as well. Can’t take any chances.

Is our name Jake and do we meet a woman named Rosa on the flight and doe she let us take nudes of her?

women wanted equality, so they get equality. i'm fighting everyone for my spot on that raft. women and children don't have a fucking chance.

You kidding me? Every time I leave my house I'm stuck behind some numbskull who takes 2 seconds to realize the stoplight turned green, grocery stores are full of idiots who block an isle with their cart, people stopping in doorways, and you want me to give up my life for them? And kids? Obnoxious little terrors that will grow up to be dipshits clogging up the isles at Costco so they can get a free piece of cheese on a cracker.

I'll fight my way onto that raft and if I don't make it I'm pulling it under with me.

I like to think we are all equal now. I am a young man with big dreams, so I believe my life is as or more important than most others. If I got a seat in the raft, that is my seat

I can't stand people who put their pets above people, or use phrases like "dog mom" or some dumb shit like that.

Fuck yeah, my sister in law refers to her dog as my sons cousin, that’s so Fucken retarded

Blame @Clippy for inspiring me to make 2 threads this morning. This first one asking if you have ever been on a plane or a boat, and now this one trying to see if what was once called chivalry is in fact dead? Or is self sacrifice still a thing in this more modern era?

So here is the scenario you face.

You are flying with no friends or family and know the plane will crash land in the water. You know the water is freezing and death will come quick for any not in a raft. You know the raft only has limited seating and anyone else will be with a flotation device in the water. You do not know how quick help will arrive.

What do you do? Do you try to help others off first, thus ensuring you are near to last and not in the raft? Do you save yourself, grab a seat in the boat and refuse to relinquish it even if faced with children or women with no seat? If you have a pet with you (as many now do on planes) and you know the life boat is being taken to the its most critical weight before risking sinking, do you leave the pet behind so there is maximum room for people? Would you risk your life to save others?

What do you do?

Excepts from this article Clippy linked in another thread

- Passengers described how some of the male passengers shouted 'Women and children first!, after the plane finally came to a halt.
- The river was freezing and she soon realized she could not survive in the cold.
- Luckily a complete stranger risked his own life to shuffle down the wing and haul her out.
- The passengers in the water would not have survived for more than five or ten minutes

-----

For me...

I like to believe and actually think I would be one helping others and by virtue of that just be left without a seat. So its not so much a conscious choice to not take a seat as doing something that I know will result in that but doing it anyway as its the right thing to do IMO.

Children first. In name of equality, women can exit the burning wreckage at the same time that I do

Back