WONDER WOMAN Movie Thread v.1 (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that no human female could actually look like a comic book character but damn can they at least try to get someone close. I'm still not over Felicity Jones as Black Cat in the new Spiderman and this is even further off imo.

Its just bad, she is a pretty face, but that's it , she has no muscle and no goddamn tits , its Wonder Fucking Woman she is supposed to be athletic and voluptuous

Damn, how sherdog has warped my mind. Had to do a triple take on your last statement. Kept reading athletic and explosive.

Who played Peggy Carter? Get that woman suited up for WW!

you liking a flat chestie? weird
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The complaints about her being cast so far seem pretty shallow and entirely cosmetic-based.

Unless they're putting her in a bikini, the complaints about her bust size should be totally irrelevant. If they want to give her a bigger bust size, you really think that would be difficult to do? Ignore that part of it. Prosthetics and costumes can handle that.

You guys are complaining about her frame? Why? Although they've started principal photography, the movie doesn't come out until July 2015. My guess is that WW's part won't be a big one and filming her scenes might not even occur until late Spring time 2013 if I were to take a guess.

When a lot of these actors/actresses who have gone on to play superheroes, most of them were far from looking big, muscular, or buff once casting was announced. There have been way too many examples of this for me to list but we all know how this goes. We've seen that if you give any of these actors a good 4 months of rigorous training, they'll be able to transform their bodies with stunning results.

Gadot is most likely already in the gym as we speak as did Ben Affleck did just days after his announcement was made.

So for me, the cosmetic/physical stuff isn't going to be an issue whatsoever. We need to be worrying more about the writing/direction/performance of the character more than anything else.

Yeah, I'm a big supporter of Alexander in that role too, but that's not getting any traction so I thought I'd change my strategy.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The complaints about her being cast so far seem pretty shallow and entirely cosmetic-based.

Unless they're putting her in a bikini, the complaints about her bust size should be totally irrelevant. If they want to give her a bigger bust size, you really think that would be difficult to do? Ignore that part of it. Prosthetics and costumes can handle that.

You guys are complaining about her frame? Why? Although they've started principal photography, the movie doesn't come out until July 2015. My guess is that WW's part won't be a big one and filming her scenes might not even occur until late Spring time 2013 if I were to take a guess.

When a lot of these actors/actresses who have gone on to play superheroes, most of them were far from looking big, muscular, or buff once casting was announced. There have been way too many examples of this for me to list but we all know how this goes. We've seen that if you give any of these actors a good 4 months of rigorous training, they'll be able to transform their bodies with stunning results.

Gadot is most likely already in the gym as we speak as did Ben Affleck did just days after his announcement was made.

So for me, the cosmetic/physical stuff isn't going to be an issue whatsoever. We need to be worrying more about the writing/direction/performance of the character more than anything else.

I completely agree. On a positive note at least Gadot is beautiful looks Mediterranean. She is feminine and sexy but can also shoot an icy cold glare and pass as a tough chick. I like her in the FF movies, She just has to put some more lean weight on her 5'9" frame.As you stated the biggest worry is that the story works. Hope Nolan and Affleck are working quality control on this behemoth.

Personally, I don't care that she doesn't have big tits (I was a proponent of Jamie Alexander for the role and she's a B-cup), my problem is that she has a very light frame. Even if she hits the gym, there's only so much you can do when you are built like this:
25gw76s.jpg

It's like expecting Natalie Portman to suddenly punch out Chris Hemsworth. I know it's a comic book movie, and the there's lot of fakery you can do with camera and costume, but right now I just can't take it seriously.

Personally, I don't care that she doesn't have big tits (I was a proponent of Jamie Alexander for the role and she's a B-cup), my problem is that she has a very light frame. Even if she hits the gym, there's only so much you can do when you are built like this:
25gw76s.jpg

It's like expecting Natalie Portman to suddenly punch out Chris Hemsworth. I know it's a comic book movie, and the there's lot of fakery you can do with camera and costume, but right now I just can't take it seriously.

I

Hollywood can do amazing tricks with costumes and lighting. I wouldn't call Anne Hathaway a curvy woman but she looked the part in that costume. I'm with this though, she's too lanky to even fake things and it's not like going to the gym everyday will make her more womanly.

Hollywood can do amazing tricks with costumes and lighting. I wouldn't call Anne Hathaway a curvy woman but she looked the part in that costume. I'm with this though, she's too lanky to even fake things and it's not like going to the gym everyday will make her more womanly.

They can do wonders with push-up bras these days. Specially in this particular movie where all the shirtless scenes are likely to be done by Superman and Batman.

The costume is likely going to be adding a cup size or two.

She doesn't have the build for it.

Plus she's boring as fuck.

She doesn't have the build ( especially the tits & ass ) for the role.

maybe they're going a wonder adolescent angle instead ?

Oh no! Wonder Woman's arch nemesis has arrived! Its....A Stiff Breeze!

if she could put on 10% of the muscle Cavill put on for the 1st movie, she'll be fine.

I honestly know nothing of her work. I almost like that they're going with an unknown. Something I really think most Superhero films should do.

She's been in the last few fast and the furious movies, wouldn't say she's an unknown name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back