WONDER WOMAN Movie Thread v.1 (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else think it's weird that Philippou, of all people, is defending the no-tit chick? :icon_lol:
Someone already made that joke and it sucked.

I'm defending this decision the same way I defended Affleck decision. I've been around too long with movies like this to ever get too hung up whenever a questionable or unfavorable casting decision comes along.

Wonder Woman's build is a big part of her character since one of her powers is super strength and because her costume is quite revealing.

Also, you can't fault people for reacting negatively towards casting actors/actresses that looks way off from the base character.

I usually try to be indifferent towards a casting, hell I'm even ok with Affleck, but I just don't like Gal as WW.

I haven't been keen on many of the castings so far, but this takes the cake. Oh well, I'll wait till I see the finished product, but so far I'm not liking the ingredients.

Give me one example of any major comic book character on-film where the actor or actress didn't train for the role.

Alicia-Silverstone-Batgirl-en-Batman-and-Robin.jpg

Halle Berry as storm in days of future past (she was preggo)

I wonder if the male actors would feel humiliated getting their ass kicked by a Wonder Woman that skinny.

If Snyder is smart, he will put the camera REALLY close to Gal. Sergio Leone close.

Don't get the T&A hand wringing. No way in hell DC and Warner Bros were going to turn WW into Barbarella or Barb Wire for us guys to ogle. Look at the success of the hunger games which has a female protagonist and isn't sexed up. There is a huge market for a wonder woman stand alone franchise so long as they treat the character with respect and it's well made.

there's only so much you can do when you are built like this:
25gw76s.jpg

It's like expecting Natalie Portman to suddenly punch out Chris Hemsworth. I know it's a comic book movie, and the there's lot of fakery you can do with camera and costume, but right now I just can't take it seriously.

I think its possible to do some wonders with that body. I bet she could bend Thor's hammer.

I swear just when this movie can't get anymore ridiculous it manages to throw another wtf! at you.

All I'm seeing is greedy Warner Bros. throwing a bunch of high profile characters into a sequel of a movie that wasn't that great to begin with. Immediately putting Bats and WW in that mediocre environment instead of establishing them in their new incarnations is more than risky it's idiotic. There's a very real possibility that this movie falls flat on it's face and hard.

What makes you think otherwise?

Give me one example of any major comic book character on-film where the actor or actress didn't train for the role.

Ok, that was only rhetoric but the point is there's no reason to think that she won't be doing some rigorous training for this role. We all know it's not that hard to put on a little mass. Remember how Bale shot up to 220lbs to add mass for Batman in just 2 months after losing like 60lbs for The Machinist? I doubt Gadot will have to gain more than 25-35lbs of mass but she's got plenty of time to do so.

There's a big difference between males putting on mass and females. Thinking she will be able to add 25-35 pounds is absolutely ridiculous, let alone in a short period of time.

If she puts on more than about 10 lbs, maybe 15, I'd be surprised.

And even with that weight she's a damn twig. How can they mess up so many things so quickly? I don't think I looked forward to any movie in recent history as much as I did Man of Steel. It wasn't very good, and everything about this one gets worse and worse and worse.

DC just can't make good movies outside of Nolan's DK trilogy. Damn I'm so annoyed.

I mean people sat in a room and decided that this toothpick that can't act should be wonder woman. WTF!!!!???!!

Oh, she is fine as rice wine to me, but she is no WW.

Bummer

There's a big difference between males putting on mass and females. Thinking she will be able to add 25-35 pounds is absolutely ridiculous, let alone in a short period of time.

If she puts on more than about 10 lbs, maybe 15, I'd be surprised.

And even with that weight she's a damn twig. How can they mess up so many things so quickly? I don't think I looked forward to any movie in recent history as much as I did Man of Steel. It wasn't very good, and everything about this one gets worse and worse and worse.

DC just can't make good movies outside of Nolan's DK trilogy. Damn I'm so annoyed.

I mean people sat in a room and decided that this toothpick that can't act should be wonder woman. WTF!!!!???!!

Eh, that's your opinion, man. I loved MOS. it was great in my opinion.

Gal is gona have to hit the weights hard with Henry and Ben to make her frame up to par. She must've agreed to a total body transformation for this role, I'm actually more optimistic about the news today. I loved MoS so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back