WONDER WOMAN Movie Thread v.1 (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha, here are the same critics who are being accused of being feminist shills giving negative reviews to Ghostbusters 2016. They must have only got the memo this year.
Rafer Guzman
Newsday

July 10, 2016
The female-led cast is a promising idea, but this reboot of the 1984 classic isn't as fresh or funny as it could have been.
Full Review | Original Score: 2/4
Top Critic

Chris Nashawaty
Entertainment Weekly

July 10, 2016
Is the new Ghostbusters funny? The answer is: Kind of, but not nearly to the degree it should be considering the talent involved.
Full Review | Original Score: C+

Stephen Whitty
Newark Star-Ledger

July 10, 2016
None of it adds up to much more than an average summer entertainment - never bad enough to warrant the chauvinist hatred, rarely good enough to deserve the feminist support.

Richard Roeper
Chicago Sun-Times

July 11, 2016
Ghostbusters is a horror from start to finish, and that's not me saying it's legitimately scary.
Full Review | Original Score: 1/4

Ha Ha, here are the same critics who are being accused of being feminist shills giving negative reviews to Ghostbusters 2016. They must have only got the memo this year.
Rafer Guzman
Newsday

July 10, 2016
The female-led cast is a promising idea, but this reboot of the 1984 classic isn't as fresh or funny as it could have been.
Top Critic

Chris Nashawaty
Entertainment Weekly

July 10, 2016
Is the new Ghostbusters funny? The answer is: Kind of, but not nearly to the degree it should be considering the talent involved.
Full Review | Original Score: C+

Stephen Whitty
Newark Star-Ledger

July 10, 2016
None of it adds up to much more than an average summer entertainment - never bad enough to warrant the chauvinist hatred, rarely good enough to deserve the feminist support.

Richard Roeper
Chicago Sun-Times

July 11, 2016
Ghostbusters is a horror from start to finish, and that's not me saying it's legitimately scary.
Full Review | Original Score: 1/4

Respect on actually putting some effort in. The only one of those critics I called out was Guzman and he gave Ghostbusters 2/4 which is one o those weird things on RT. Sometimes that is called a fresh, and sometimes it's called a rotten score. His blurb is the kind of thing that is currently getting posted as a 'fresh' for WW.

I maintain, we'll see in a week or so how this thing really is. Also, even if it is good, it will be interesting to see if the confrontational marketing style hurts it in the domestic box office or not.

Respect on actually putting some effort in. The only one of those critics I called out was Guzman and he gave Ghostbusters 2/4 which is one o those weird things on RT. Sometimes that is called a fresh, and sometimes it's called a rotten score. His blurb is the kind of thing that is currently getting posted as a 'fresh' for WW.

I maintain, we'll see in a week or so how this thing really is. Also, even if it is good, it will be interesting to see if the confrontational marketing style hurts it in the domestic box office or not.

What's confrontational about the marketing?

Well mixed feelings. I really hate the casting for super man and his direction in general so wanted a reboot.

But if that's not gonna happen then a good set of D.C. Movies are better than bad ones

A person would have to be tremendously insecure about their own masculinity to find a female only screening "confrontational".

And if guys demanded male only screenings of say, the next Batman movie, women wouldn't object? Personally, I could give a shit. I like Gadot, but I have no intention of seeing the movie in the cinema. I might catch it on Amazon Prime, but it's not worth spending £20 on at the movies.

Damn 97% fresh. After DC's recent outings I was expecting this to be shit. Might actually watch it when it's available online.

Damn 97% fresh. After DC's recent outings I was expecting this to be shit. Might actually watch it when it's available online.

Yeah it's actually going up. Proves that these war room idiots know nothing claiming it's going to drop into the 70's like Ghostbusters did.

The only reason for an all-male screening of any superhero movie is a temper tantrum.

Agreed. But equally, there's no legitimate reason for a female-only screening of WW(jokes about Man Cards aside:))

The trailers I have seen didn't seem good at all. I'll be waiting for a blurray release.

So whats the rule on seeing this by yourself if you are male

Do you think I could pull it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back