Wonderboy wants oblique kicks banned - blames them for MCL Tear

Oblique kicks are supposed to target the Thigh (Inside or the outside) or the Shin to keep the fighter off balance.

It was never intended to target the Knee. Jones 100% started that trend and if a fighter targets anothers knee with said Kick it should be treated like an eyepoke.

Won’t happen tho.

So by that logic fighters shouldn't be allowed to check kicks either.

So by that logic fighters shouldn't be allowed to check kicks either.

This is very true. I can think of three fighters right off the top of my head who have had their legs snapped in half from checked kicks. And I know for a fact there are more examples.

BAN CHECKING KICKS
#fighterslegsmatter

so being a pro athlete is the only way for these people to make a living? i find that hard to believe. since you know, MILLIONS of other people somehow make it without being a pro athlete.

you misunderstood what i said anyway, i said i'd rather have a limp for life than walk around LIKE A 70 yr old azheimer's patient. not many NFL players make it to 70, even with their millions because like i said, their brain is 70 yrs old when they're in their 40s.
Yea, employers are not too keen on employing mid 30 year olds with no experience outside of martial arts.

Like, sure, you can make a living working mcdonalds and shit but that's about it, perhaps some manual labor.

Take Chuck Liddell, he's got a business degree, but he can't cut it since being released by Zuffa... and he's aiming to come back to fight again for Bellator... because shit, no one's looking to hire a 40 something year old with limited experience.

This is the reasons plenty of pro-athletes go broke after retirement, or after injuries take them out. They simply have no skills outside of the sport.

So yea, good luck making it to 70 year's of age on a McDonald's paycheck. You could, sure, but you're likely not going to be able to afford any real treatment if you get sick from anything. So, finger's crossed.

Yea, employers are not too keen on employing mid 30 year olds with no experience outside of martial arts.

Like, sure, you can make a living working mcdonalds and shit but that's about it, perhaps some manual labor.

Take Chuck Liddell, he's got a business degree, but he can't cut it since being released by Zuffa... and he's aiming to come back to fight again for Bellator... because shit, no one's looking to hire a 40 something year old with limited experience.

This is the reasons plenty of pro-athletes go broke after retirement, or after injuries take them out. They simply have no skills outside of the sport.

So yea, good luck making it to 70 year's of age on a McDonald's paycheck. You could, sure, but you're likely not going to be able to afford any real treatment if you get sick from anything. So, finger's crossed.

You can coach or commentate.

Getting hit in the head can be life threatening unlike knee injuries. You lack reason.

Ban mma all together then.
I guess you don't understand my point.

Landing 100s of head strikes occurs in a typical mma bout.

Land 100s of those oblique kicks and someone will have a serious knee injury guaranteed and be out of the fight game a very long time and not come back the same.

Aren't all kicks?
giphy.gif

Not all

Yeah I dont’t like em either, should be banned.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...stephen-thompson-mcl-injury-darren-till-fight

648115504.jpg.0.jpg

You know I tore my MCL in the fight with Till. We did an MRI and thankfully nothing else was damaged. No surgery is required for this injury but I have to give it at least eight weeks to heal properly before I can get back to training.

I honestly think that strike should be made illegal. It could end somebody’s career. You know Robert Whittaker had to have ACL surgery following his first fight with Yoel Romero due to that particular strike. And as you could see, Robert Whittaker made sure to beat Yoel Romero to the punch in their second fight. He threw a lot more than he did this time around. It is just a very dangerous technique. I think a lot of fighters throw that strike but sometimes it is for different reasons.

When I fought Jorge Masvidal he used that same side kick to the knee. But when Jorge threw it, he was doing so just to keep me away. Not in an attempt to injure my knee. But when I was in the cage fighting Till it felt like ok this guy is trying to break my leg. It was like he had intentions of ripping everything out in my knee. That’s how I felt anyway. Like this dude is really trying to injure me in here. I think it an ugly strike and that it should be made illegal.

ThompsonMandelSherdog.jpg

It is an mma match. Learn to grab the leg and take the kicker down. Punish him for throwing a leg kick.

Wonderboy wants it to be boxing match with SOME kicks allowed. Boo hoo.

Ban everything except headbuts imo, watching two guy's head butt the shit out of each other would be hours of fun.

Oblique kicks are supposed to target the Thigh (Inside or the outside) or the Shin to keep the fighter off balance.

It was never intended to target the Knee. Jones 100% started that trend and if a fighter targets anothers knee with said Kick it should be treated like an eyepoke.

Won’t happen tho.

Wrong.

Anderson started oblique kicks.

oh you think that bothers me? Almost all of my favourite fighters use that move..... it doesnt mean I like it. But let me guess, this is you trying to be clever?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back