Woodley seems to have a mental block

investing time/money more on training instead of the making rap videos might have helped. but what do i know?

He needs to change camps, start bringing in new guys and learning new things. He is stuck in a groove like a broken record. Or He is likely only in it for the money. Like Tyson back in his day because he hasn’t landed that solid something else outside of fighting. I think he needs a fresh look or to hang them up,
I agree with him leaving Roufusport he is a big fish in a small pond over there.

He’s just fallen out of love with MMA, don’t worry he’ll fall back in love with it soon.

Aging often looks like that. Not saying that it is aging, but it accounts for his behavior in the cage as much as anything else.

yes, this is a very good point. not all athletes, "fall off a cliff" all of a sudden. it's normally a gradual process, where even the athlete can't understand it, or can't accept it.

Woodley always had the block. He's weaker mentally than Uriah Hall.

I'm also a fan of Woodley. Seems like he had a modicum of confidence for a minute of that fight and then Gilbert wobbled him and dominated the grappling. It only snowballed and he continued to ignore Din Thomas advice

What was his advice?

I get why he fought on the defensive side when he had a belt to defend.

Seeing him in the 5th against Burns with nothing to lose and still not fighting offensively was just strange to watch.

This is the same guy who showed no urgency in either Wonderboy fight when he arguably lost both of them. He has never been able to turn it on. His entire legacy boils down to the luck of the judging. If he had lost either of those Wonderboy fights he'd just be another guy who held the belt.

He seems to be falling in and out of love with fighting. Ok, mainly falling out of love with it for a while now.

Back