Woodley vs. Paul Heavies Megathread

Let’s get this straight,if we rank ufc fighters by their boxing skills only in all divisons and how they will do in a boxing match,the top 15 rankings will look different in all weight divisions,that fight last night didn’t prove anything,there are so many fighters at featherweight and lightweight who would have done better than woodley,i saw Dustin Poirier next him in the locker room and they looked the same size

Then how bad must not Boxing be when a former boxing champion gets bested by a journeyman MMA fighter in a boxing match without gloves.
hi-res-dd324bae6e395e5c87a9cb8bfb120e52_crop_north.jpg

Jake Paul isn't a boxer he's a YouTube prankster LMFAO.

How embarrassing for you. I bet you thought Rousey could beat Paul in a boxing match a couple of years ago LMAO.

so much shit about woodley in this thread, namely woodley with MORE training etc would beat Paul.
If Woodley was even half active, he wins last night's fight. But Woodley is the frozen one not the chosen one.
Remember he holds the record for least strikes thrown in a title fight against Maia.
Fck it lads. It's not worth investing any energy into him, he'll talk it all up and then he'll get in the ring and do fck all. He just can't help it.
What a fucking idiot Woodley was man. People can keep making excuses for him and say that’s how Woodley fought for years. Yeah, I’ve never seen him taunting his opponents and not finish them after he rocked them on the feet. Compared him with Diaz when Diaz rocked Edwards, Woodley is 10000% worse. At least Diaz was somewhat gassed and he actually took some damage, Woodley on the other side took bo damage at all and visibly not gassed chose not to finish Jake and instead threw a jab and a straight after that is absolutely embarassing.

In an ideal world, who would you like to see him box next? And also, in this real world, who do you think he will box next?

I said previous to this fight that if Jake kept on stepping up his competition levels like he has done over the past year, eventually he is getting KTFO'd and soon. However, after last night, it sounded like TWood put the fear of God in him and made him realize it is more fun to pretend like you are a fighter than to actually be a real fighter and fight other real fighters. Jake was so concussed that he was talking about tired legs, needing time off to go to the dentist and even getting a haircut (lol, wut?!). What boxer needs to take time off to reflect and go to the dentist and get a haircut?! One that got shook and is reevaluating their life's choices, that is who.

I wanna see him box a real boxer with a handful of good wins. Not sure who. But he will fight another MMA guy.

To be fair, i think plenty of MMA guys would beat them. He just has to fight one that's young and his size.

I know people here call Logan brothers "youtubers", but I personally have never seen them anywhere else than couple times in a boxing ring. I had never heard of their names before they became boxers, so for me at least they are boxers.
I know you won’t know who this person is but you’re one of the reasons she’s popular

whatever-you-say-ok-boomer.gif

Is it a knockdown if you lean one the cage after getting punched like that in the octagon? I don’t think so.
Boxing has a different ruleset on knockdowns than MMA. In boxing, if ring ropes prevent a fighter from being knocked down it is still supposed to be ruled a knockdown.

How embarrassing for you. I bet you thought Rousey could beat Paul in a boxing match a couple of years ago LMAO.
It's not embarassing for me at all. I knew what the outcome would be. Woodleys boxing is crap in MMA, he is shot, he only ever had an overhand right. Plus he is a wrestler so I don't get why he would represent MMA striking. You know MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts right? And that you can be a champion with pretty much no striking if you are a good enough grappler? But you are to thick to understand such a simple fact.

Paul who? Logan, jake, malignaggi or paul schaffer?

I would be more generous to Paul, he's currently a bigger draw and name in boxing than anyone else. He's the modern face of boxing. More than just a prankster.

Wow I just realized that the guy next to Jake that was acting like a dickhead was actually Jakes brother not his boyfriend. Pretty lame then that he makes a speech about bullying as some random rich white kid lol....

Soccer allows kicks but not hand throws.

Armwrestling doesn't allow kicks.

Freestyle wrestling doesn't allow punches.

It's still a sport. It makes sense that boxers would be better punchers than mma fighters.
Yeah of course. Just sick of seeing people act like Jake Paul beat TWood in a 'fight'. Jake Paul was more active but TWood was hardly damaged and was the one who actually put Jake Paul in danger. I suppose that earns Paul a victory in a boxing match but that's all it means.

I wanna see him box a real boxer with a handful of good wins. Not sure who. But he will fight another MMA guy.

To be fair, i think plenty of MMA guys would beat them. He just has to fight one that's young and his size.
Yah, that is what I think most would like to see, but there are not many boxers out there that are winnable fights for Jake and have the name. Tommy Fury seems like the best fit, but I think he is way too good for Jake.

Absolutely many MMA guys can beat him, even ones that are old and small. Many people thought that TWood even won, including one judge, and this 40 year old TWood is no where near the pinnacle of MMA striking. Luque got him out of there in a round, where as Jake could not even bust a pimple on his face all night, got knocked down and was running for his life after the 3rd round.

A fighter like Strickland would destroy Paul or any top 20 MW who's not over the hill or 40yo on a 4 fights losing streak ( lost 16 rounds in a row)
Even this version if Woodley would've got the win if he let his hands go, Paul was running away the whole time.

there's a reason why Paul picks those over the hill fighters, he wouldn't dare fight any decent MMA striker no matter how smaller he would be.

Last edited:
Nice ignorant, low IQ comment. I bet that rich white kid would have you screaming in agony in front of everyone similar to the way Colby did to Tyron.

Maybe not destroyed but Sean would be the favourite. Obviously. He fights for a living, unlike Paul

oh man, someone like Strickland would beat Jake Paul's ass from pillar to post.

Wouldn't even be close.

Jake would never take a fight against a guy like Strickland.

I don't even think he'd beat Nate Diaz.

Yeah of course. Just sick of seeing people act like Jake Paul beat TWood in a 'fight'. Jake Paul was more active but TWood was hardly damaged and was the one who actually put Jake Paul in danger. I suppose that earns Paul a victory in a boxing match but that's all it means.
MMA hasn't been a real fight either since they banned ground and pound to the nuts.

Jake Paul just defeated a 5x Welterweight Champ yesterday. that's like a youtube pipedream. KUDOS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back