Working 2 jobs, and going to college to become a cop while following a fight career how hard is it?

Ask Steven Seagal. He's a fighter, a cop, a Navy Seal and a lover

Ok is it at least possible? Because i think the police officer job suits me more then the security jobs becausw i went into the security job because i thought i was going to be able to help people, i thought it would be kinda like police work.

I wish you luck, you have the right motivation.

At first, when you start on the job I imagine it will be really tough to be able to also fight professionally, especially if you really want to advance your career and work in specialized sections. That will take lots of working hours.

I’m a cop working in the fugitive warrants division, and I train BJJ recreationally. Even that would have been tougher with the kind of hours I had to work when I was in patrol or vice. Thankfully, now I work fewer hours generally. But I also have a kid and a disabled mother, so without many family obligations you might be able to do it. You’ll be tired though!

Good luck!

I wish you luck, you have the right motivation.

At first, when you start on the job I imagine it will be really tough to be able to also fight professionally, especially if you really want to advance your career and work in specialized sections. That will take lots of working hours.

I’m a cop working in the fugitive warrants division, and I train BJJ recreationally. Even that would have been tougher with the kind of hours I had to work when I was in patrol or vice. Thankfully, now I work fewer hours generally. But I also have a kid and a disabled mother, so without many family obligations you might be able to do it. You’ll be tired though!

Good luck!

Thank you, i think i can handle being tired, i heard that police academy you got to wake up at 5am is that true in new jersey? I use to train with a guy who became a cop mid way through the year, he said he had to wake up at 5am to start the police training.

It's not hard to figure out, or to do. You just do it.

I worked 100 hours a week for 2 years straight. Your body will adjust. Even these days a 12 hour shift is a breeze to me. Years later

Did you also go to work or go to college? Because i'm just trying to get into college but i'm waiting until after i go to thailand.

working 2 jobs is exhausting an you will have health problems adding in college just sounds brutal. when I was in college I just worked part time at dominos.

Thank you, i think i can handle being tired, i heard that police academy you got to wake up at 5am is that true in new jersey? I use to train with a guy who became a cop mid way through the year, he said he had to wake up at 5am to start the police training.

At least 5am back when I went through, often earlier. It’s been a long time since I was in the academy, though, and I’m a cop in Hawaii not Jersey so I can’t speak on that personally.

You should go to college to learn grammar at least. ;)

Just kidding.

I'd ditch the Dominoes job. Seems unneeded to me.

Did you also go to work or go to college? Because i'm just trying to get into college but i'm waiting until after i go to thailand.
If you're working 100 hours a week you don't have any time to do other things

You should go to college to learn grammar at least. ;)

Just kidding.

I'd ditch the Dominoes job. Seems unneeded to me.

The dominos job is to just make some extra cash drivers over their sometimes make more then a manager. Once i get at least 1,500 working both jobs, i'll ditch it for uber eats, i did uber eats for 3 months and made some good money but can't do it now because they said my car insurance has to be under my name despite having me deliver for them for 3 months. I got to really figure this out though, one of my hardest adversities is figuring out shit like this.

The dominos job is to just make some extra cash drivers over their sometimes make more then a manager. Once i get at least 1,500 working both jobs, i'll ditch it for uber eats, i did uber eats for 3 months and made some good money but can't do it now because they said my car insurance has to be under my name despite having me deliver for them for 3 months. I got to really figure this out though, one of my hardest adversities is figuring out shit like this.

For college: it's not an adversity. You probably mean deficiency.

You can't do all that. I'm not being a hater I'm being realistic

You want to be a cop and a fighter and not be hungry or without money during the process. I get that. But if you're serious about fighting pro you need to train harder than the toughest guy in 90% of gyms out there. And all the fighters talk about how hard it was for then in the beginning to scrape some money together to afford a place to stay and eat, but that's because they were so focused on training and focusing on their fighting career.

From the sounds of it you are too scatterbrained and you don't know what you want more: a career as a cop or being a pro fighter. Both aren't mutually exclusive, but throwing in a full time job, a part time job and college in all that and I'd say you're fubar'd

You can't do all that. I'm not being a hater I'm being realistic

You want to be a cop and a fighter and not be hungry or without money during the process. I get that. But if you're serious about fighting pro you need to train harder than the toughest guy in 90% of gyms out there. And all the fighters talk about how hard it was for then in the beginning to scrape some money together to afford a place to stay and eat, but that's because they were so focused on training and focusing on their fighting career.

From the sounds of it you are too scatterbrained and you don't know what you want more: a career as a cop or being a pro fighter. Both aren't mutually exclusive, but throwing in a full time job, a part time job and college in all that and I'd say you're fubar'd

So your saying that i should just focus on the pro career? Maybe i should i don't know i kind of wanted to do some good before that, what i didn't think of is that i heard of a few fighters becoming a police officer while doing their fight careers. So maybe i should just follow a fight career for now and if it doesn't work out or if i can i will try to become a cop.

So your saying that i should just focus on the pro career? Maybe i should i don't know i kind of wanted to do some good before that, what i didn't think of is that i heard of a few fighters becoming a police officer while doing their fight careers. So maybe i should just follow a fight career for now and if it doesn't work out or if i can i will try to become a cop.

How good are you at fighting? And don't kid yourself

Since when did you need to go to college to be a cop? Maybe if the competition is really bad in a rich area. Most need cops and you don't even need a HS diploma. Don't expect great pay though.

You are gonna burn out

How good are you at fighting? And don't kid yourself

I have been training for nearly 5 years in muay thai and boxing, and their are only 2 people who give me a run for my money in my gym, but i figure them out sometimes. I'm not saying that i'm the best i'm just saying that i'm pretty good.

Since when did you need to go to college to be a cop? Maybe if the competition is really bad in a rich area. Most need cops and you don't even need a HS diploma. Don't expect great pay though.

Since new jersey became more careful about who they choose to be a cop, and it use to be that you only needed a high school diploma now you need at least 60 credits in college and/or a bachelor or associates degree.

Back