Social Worst acid reflux/heartburn

81eazvX1kBL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Iffy. Like works sometimes not others.

Not long ago I read a book by a doctor that advocated for removing all dairy products from ones diet. One of his observations was that most of his patients that did stop eating dairy products was that their heart burn/gerd issues went away.

Milk gives me the worst acid reflux. Which is funny because some people drink it to prevent acid reflux. Also, of course tomato sauce (pizza, spaghetti) gets me bad. But, the worst is grape jelly. No PB&J for me before bed.

Are there no products with the reflux related info mentioned somewhere in the product description?

I think I've permanently fucked up my throat. I have chronic LPR now. It's the type of reflux that doesn't even cause heartburn most of the time. You just know it's happening when there's constant mucus buildup in your throat and it just gets tight.

When it started I noticed a ton of mucus to the point where I had to constantly swallow it while laying down at night. It was like never ending post nasal drip. Then my voice started giving out. It sounded like I had laryngitis for eight months straight. When it was at it's worst I could hardly talk and it was a giant strain to project my voice. Mind you, very few instances of heartburn through out all of this. It was just peptides leaking out into my esophagus.

Finally, when I finally had the cause nailed down I had to make some changes... I now sleep with a wedge pillow at night to stay elevated. I also eat slower. When I notice that my throat starts getting tight and mucus starts building up I take Gaviscon right away... and the good Gaviscon from England, not the trash they sell in the US. The stuff that's not approved by the FDA has sodium alginate in it and works like a charm.

Old post but are you still able to train martial arts?

I used to get heartburn a lot and still do from time to time when I'm slipping with my diet. I've always noticed that when I'm eating a ton of green vegetables, broccoli, spinach, kale etc. I don't get it, so now I make sure I get some greens in with every meal and heartburn doesn't exist in this dojo anymore.

Old post but are you still able to train martial arts?
I had already quit boxing by the time I was having those issues.

I am happy to report that all this time later I've had the issue under control for the most part.

I had already quit boxing by the time I was having those issues.

I am happy to report that all this time later I've had the issue under control for the most part.
so do you train any other martial arts or plan to again? How did you control it?

I get it when I do chest exercises and when eating too much spicy food...

It absolutely sucks.

I was having really bad acid reflux and a CT scan with dye revealed that I had a small Hiatal hernia. Basically, a portion of your stomach goes up into your diaphragm releasing lots of stomach acid into your throat. Wedge pillows and diet will help some. I was prescribed a PPI medication which reduces/eliminates your stomach acid. I have no issues with acid reflux. However, if the hernia gets worse, you get surgery which is a long recovery.

The garlic sauce from papa johns gets me every time

I was having really bad acid reflux and a CT scan with dye revealed that I had a small Hiatal hernia. Basically, a portion of your stomach goes up into your diaphragm releasing lots of stomach acid into your throat. Wedge pillows and diet will help some. I was prescribed a PPI medication which reduces/eliminates your stomach acid. I have no issues with acid reflux. However, if the hernia gets worse, you get surgery which is a long recovery.
You take ppi everyday? And what martial arts do you train?

You take ppi everyday? And what martial arts do you train?

I've been taking 40mg of Pantoprazole once a day for almost a year. I also take calcium carbonate because long term use of PPI has some possible effects on bones. I don't practice martial arts but do workout with weights.

My dad had overly smoked some meat in the smoker. I don’t remember if it was Turkey or ham, but it gave me severe heartburn to the point I was concerned for my well-being.

I've been taking 40mg of Pantoprazole once a day for almost a year. I also take calcium carbonate because long term use of PPI has some possible effects on bones. I don't practice martial arts but do workout with weights.
how you feeling these days? much better? are you in good shape btw? like lean bodyfat?

Make your big meal at lunch , definitely don't eat anything after 6 pm until you get up the next morning . It's not rocket science .

All these years of overeating and going to bed on a full stomach have caught up to me. I have acid reflux and GERD. It's so freaking painful when breakouts happen. I get a burning feeling for 8 to 10 hours.

Omeprazole and famotidine does help control it for the most part. Galviscon kind of works if I catch it in time but I rarely catch it before it burns a s*** out of my lining. Ranitidine was definitely the most effective over the years. I still have a massive supply but I don't use it. I also have a bottle of prescribed Sucralfate.

My biggest trigger is overeating. Other things that trigger the s*** out of it is coffee, acidic tomato sauce and greasy food.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried tickling my tonsils to throw up all the acid lol. It rarely works but when it does it's nearly instant relief

One time, I ate two pints of Ben and Jerry's (Cherry Garcia and Strawberry Cheesecake ftw) and an entire bag of family size Hot Cheetos. The next morning, I woke up with the nastiest acid regurgitation lodged in my throat and a wicked heartburn to match.

The pain was so unbearable. I thought I was getting the acid bath fatality from Reptiles in Mortal Kombat II. I thought my innards were going to slowly reveal themselves through the acid burn...

Don't ever mix dairy product with hot food, lol

It’s probably from all the thundercock you’re inhaling.

Try drizzlingcock and then some showercock before moving on up.

Back