Worst Grappler in MMA with a BJJ Blackbelt

Tone

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
MESTRE_CARLSON_GRACIE.jpg

For me this is an easy one, Vitor Belfort. He was constantly dominated when the fight hit the ground by just about anyone. His only notable grappling moments were almost arm barring Jon Jones and a choke of Rumble Johnson who taps out to turtleneck sweaters. Does anyone else have a worse MMA BJJ than Vitor with a black belt?

Though JDS and Rashad Evans are black belts that haven't shown much in the octagon to really warrant that. Hard to say because black belts are really earned on the mats.
I think Rashad shows some of his top game against Thiago Silva. Its a nuts and bolts grappling performance but Silva is a black belt himself. But yeah overall I agree.

Jacare, who gets finished in this position these days?
BoringLimpingCod-size_restricted.gif

Come on son, you had the reversal but left your arm in. Complete scrub.
He was also knocked out cold from a punch or backfist while he had top position against big mouth.

Pretty horrible look for a guy who was long considered arguably the best BJJ guy in mixed martial arts.

* Not saying Jacare is the worst grappler in MMA, btw, just that his recent losses are a bad look for him as a well known and respected ambassador of BJJ in MMA.

Last edited:
MESTRE_CARLSON_GRACIE.jpg

For me this is an easy one, Vitor Belfort. He was constantly dominated when the fight hit the ground by just about anyone. His only notable grappling moments were almost arm barring Jon Jones and a choke of Rumble Johnson who taps out to turtleneck sweaters. Does anyone else have a worse MMA BJJ than Vitor with a black belt?
Then you probably forgot about Vitor Gracie vs Tra or vs Heath...

A 'Creonte', tho...

Back