Worst you’ve ever felt for a fighter after a loss?

Anderson vs Weidman 2

<2>

1388329937000-USP-MMA-UFC-168-Weidman-vs-Silva.jpg

SPORTS_140809964_AR_0_ATEXOEQXRLQY.jpg

This a good one, can’t believe I forgot it. Anderson was my favorite fighter and I was gutted seeing him like that. I had to turn it off, couldn’t bare to watch anymore. Made me hate Weidman for celebrating after that and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him get his ass kicked by Rockhold and Romero. But he himself has become a sad story with his string of devastating knockout losses.

Recently, Wonderboy vs Pettis. Also every loss Fedor has had in recent years

Aldo after the UFC did everything they could to stack the deck in McGregor’s favor. He seemed like he wanted nothing more than to just annihilate McGregor and came out emotionally, and got countered for it. Then, after instant rematches had been thrown around like candy at a parade, he never got a chance for redemption.

On a personal level, I was gutted for Condit after the Lawler fight. The people I watched with were only debating whether he’d won 49-46 or 48-47, then the decision went to Lawler. Condit handled it with pure class, but I can’t imagine how that felt.

To clarify, my comment about stacking the deck refers primarily to the press tour. Take a guy who seems uncomfortable with the press and make him spend days doing press events with a guy who thrives in that environment, all while the promoter makes it plain how badly he wants the challenger to win, and it’s no wonder Aldo came out like he did.

For me:
Aldo after Conor
Cormier after JJ 2
And Hendo retiring after Bisping, would have been great to see him ride into the sunset as champ

Chuck getting KO’d by Rashad. I was sulking for the rest of the day

This a good one, can’t believe I forgot it. Anderson was my favorite fighter and I was gutted seeing him like that. I had to turn it off, couldn’t bare to watch anymore. Made me hate Weidman for celebrating after that and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him get his ass kicked by Rockhold and Romero. But he himself has become a sad story with his string of devastating knockout losses.

Anderson is my all time favorite fighter, I haven’t rewatched that fight, it was brutal. I don’t hold any ill will or distain for The Chris though despite me being a massive Silva Stan, it’s just the nature of mixed martial arts.

I sympathize with fighters that get blatantly robbed of decisions more than any other losses.

Conor McGregor, after he lost to Khabib, I feared for his mental health wondering how he would deal with the onslaugh of massive shit Instagrammers and Sherdoggers were going to throw at him as he retreats back to his loving family, in his beautiful house.

Scary stuff really, my biggest concern though was what type of dollar bill he'd use to whipe his tears as he delves into his comment section.

You have the underwear picture hanging in your bedroom don't you? C'mon, fess up.

You didn’t actually feel DC’s devastation. Unless you’re DC? Are you?

<DCWhoa>

For a serious response. Aldo after Conor I believe is a good one

Aldo after McGregor.

Still to this day the most embarrassing result I've ever seen in a fight, and maybe in sport in general.

The fight that spawned

<DCrying>

is indeed an excellent pick. I was there for it, and it was unsettling to see him just wanting to get out and sorrow in solitude, and them keeping him in the cage and shoving him in front of a microphone.

But I'm a Stipe stan, so for myself I have to go with another one I saw in person, Stipe's loss to Cormier. Stipe waiting patiently, patiently for his turn at the mike, just to hear Brock refer to him as a piece of shit and endure that stupid little pro wrasslin' skit—and all for naught. One minute people praising you to the skies and the next ignored like you're invisible.

It’s random as hell
But I always felt terrible when Magny lost to Sergio morales in his debut

Dequan Townsend is one that just happened recently-- he fought on short notice 4 days after one of his kids passed away and got finished in the 3rd. He showed grit though, especially being up a weight against a huge 205er that was very skilled. I hope the UFC gives him another shot with a proper camp.

Back