Would Ferguson tap to strikes like Mir?

It all comes down to Testosterone?Hahaha no.It was a life long grind and the end of his career.He's been there done that and accomplished the highest peaks in the sport.He doesn't need to fight with a broken jaw and no mouth piece for more than the minute like he did.It's a mentality for sure,but it all comes down to your testosterone levels?

Sorry man but that's just stupid.So if a guy wants to have the heart,desire and tenacity to train all day like a champion and drive through the toughest things physically possible,mentally he just needs some testosterone?We can take a fat ass that couldn't run a mile and has never pushed anything physically,give him a bunch of testosterone and he'll never quit because he's full of testosterone?Do you know how silly that is?

You just proved my point. He's been in the grind and he's at the end of his career. And his testosterone levels will not be the same now as they were. He has aged.
The science doesn't lie. High test levels makes you more aggressive, and willing to push through boundaries. Makes you more immune to pain, allows you to compete for longer. That's why guys take steroids. That's why Vitor was a beast on TRT.

My point simply is Mir is old now, and part of being old is lower levels of hormones. The same hormones which give you power. Prime Mir wouldn't have tapped and you even agree with me.

That's why many athletes cheat and do drugs, so that they can train all day. Scientifically speaking it does even give you some desire too, because guys injected with testosterone felt more horny and got more aggressive. Many studies have shown this. Obviously it's not the only factor. But it certainly is a major reason. It's been shown guys with low T lack motivation. And Mir certainly lacked it there.

And I'm not saying guys will never quit, I'm saying tough guys that perhaps would never quit before, such as Tony Ferg, when they get old even they would perhaps quit too. That was my point.

Like the saying fatigue makes cowards out of men, well also age makes cowards out of men too, is basically what I'm trying to say.

lol Tony would die before tapping to strikes, same for Justin Gaethje and Brian Ortega and Dan Hooker among others

Tony would bleed to death before he taps to strike

and then his corpse would ankle pick his opponent

You just proved my point. He's been in the grind and he's at the end of his career. And his testosterone levels will not be the same now as they were. He has aged.
The science doesn't lie. High test levels makes you more aggressive, and willing to push through boundaries. Makes you more immune to pain, allows you to compete for longer. That's why guys take steroids. That's why Vitor was a beast on TRT.

My point simply is Mir is old now, and part of being old is lower levels of hormones. The same hormones which give you power. Prime Mir wouldn't have tapped and you even agree with me.

That's why many athletes cheat and do drugs, so that they can train all day. Scientifically speaking it does even give you some desire too, because guys injected with testosterone felt more horny and got more aggressive. Many studies have shown this. Obviously it's not the only factor. But it certainly is a major reason. It's been shown guys with low T lack motivation. And Mir certainly lacked it there.

And I'm not saying guys will never quit, I'm saying tough guys that perhaps would never quit before, such as Tony Ferg, when they get old even they would perhaps quit too. That was my point.

Like the saying fatigue makes cowards out of men, well also age makes cowards out of men too, is basically what I'm trying to say.

I get it and it plays a factor for sure but it's a small one compared to someone general mindset.That drive to keep going forward doesn't all lie behind testosterone,T is obviously not all your motivation,it helps,it aids but no way is it the most important factor when it comes to continuing a fight or match when you're beat down or hit a wall physically.I competed in tons of stuff mainly wrestling for ten years and I have been around peds my whole life.It's a mindset to grind through,it's the fire that keeps you going through the toughest camps,injuries,matches etc. and that's something that can easily fade when you're not 100% devoted,you've accomplished everything and you're just there to compete,have fun and make some money like Mir.Just a totally different point in his career.

Again,testosterone will help but imo you're making it way too black and white imo.Some people are tougher than others,some people have ups and downs in whatever they are doing where their "fight" is just stronger than ever or not.He had a broken jaw,no mouthpiece,was dead tired and getting a beating and he's got his 15 yr old daughter in his corner which i'm sure played a factor,he's a very smart guy and she doesn't need to see that.

I have met Frank in person at the Spearmint Rhino and we talked for like a half an hour back when he was champ and right before the motorcycle accident.He was the most passionate fighter I have ever met,just talking about it you could tell his drive was just insane.Now he's got a family,it's not his whole life anymore,his life is totally different and there's a million reasons he wouldn't tough through all that considered the bunch of factors.He has a totally different mentality,very little would have to be due to testosterone imo.I appreciate your reply and I do think it's a factor for sure but there's a million factors.Also getting burnt out on the grind is way more mental than physical,again Test being a small factor imo.

Maybe he would if he gets old too. Low testosterone will turn the manliest of men into cowards.

It's all about your hormones. When you are young and full of T, you will feel like you can take anything. Low T you feel pain alot more.

Prime Mir wouldn't have tapped out like that, he's mentally done and doesn't have that aggresive drive like before. He has low testosterone imo. But imagine if Tony had become really weak and feeble due to age related consequence, he'd tap too.

Easier to be a tough guy at a younger age.

We've seen it in boxing for years, like Mike Tyson he'd never quit in his prime. Then in his last fight he quit on the stool, said he don't have it no more. It happens. Could happen to T Ferg too. But right now Tony ain't tapping to no strikes.

Its less about the hormonal influence on your mind than your body breaking down in ways you probably havent felt before when young and relatively durable. This low test stereotype kinda gets thrown around too often.

I get it and it plays a factor for sure but it's a small one compared to someone general mindset.That drive to keep going forward doesn't all lie behind testosterone,T is obviously not all your motivation,it helps,it aids but no way is it the most important factor when it comes to continuing a fight or match when you're beat down or hit a wall physically.I competed in tons of stuff mainly wrestling for ten years and I have been around peds my whole life.It's a mindset to grind through,it's the fire that keeps you going through the toughest camps,injuries,matches etc. and that's something that can easily fade when you're not 100% devoted,you've accomplished everything and you're just there to compete,have fun and make some money like Mir.Just a totally different point in his career.

Again,testosterone will help but imo you're making it way too black and white imo.Some people are tougher than others,some people have ups and downs in whatever they are doing where their "fight" is just stronger than ever or not.He had a broken jaw,no mouthpiece,was dead tired and getting a beating and he's got his 15 yr old daughter in his corner which i'm sure played a factor,he's a very smart guy and she doesn't need to see that.

I have met Frank in person at the Spearmint Rhino and we talked for like a half an hour back when he was champ and right before the motorcycle accident.He was the most passionate fighter I have ever met,just talking about it you could tell his drive was just insane.Now he's got a family,it's not his whole life anymore,his life is totally different and there's a million reasons he wouldn't tough through all that considered the bunch of factors.He has a totally different mentality,very little would have to be due to testosterone imo.I appreciate your reply and I do think it's a factor for sure but there's a million factors.Also getting burnt out on the grind is way more mental than physical,again Test being a small factor imo.
I agree that it is mindset too. I believe mindset is the foundation of everything.

Nah, some fighters are cut from a different cloth. And by that, I mean too tough for their own good.

I don't see ferguson ever giving up he is RELENTLESS

Tony never taps. There is a higher possibility to meet Santa Claus than a tap . <{outtahere}>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back