Would GSP have returned to 170 if Maia beat Woodley?

Seriously? He missed weight so much he was forced by the UFC to go up a weight class. What else ya got?

but he made weight multiple times too. GSP has yet to try, which doesnt go for or against him.

lots of people choose to cut monstrous amounts of weight dude. others dont and like to stay energized. I feel like i am just repeating myself here when i say that if he isn't big enough for MW he shouldnt have campaigned for his title shot and then signed to defend a belt in that class. Suddenly the weight discrepancy didn't matter when before in his career fighting Anderson at catch weight was too much

His whole career he was "Too small for MW"

This guy will believe whatever he wants.

He was a welterweight.

Because he was so good at it, people asked and wondered about his chances at MW. He said he would take time off and prepare his body for the weight change.

The narrative he was hiding from MWs, and waited for his opportune time is a new narrative created by hateful forum boys. Sorry your hero Anderson faded away before GSP was willing and ready to make his move.

But your revisionist history only works on the ones who are willingly and easily convinced.

He wanted the MW title but not a MW title run??? Hmm... ok.

Of course he did. He's paid his dues, is one of the GOATS and is trophy hunting. He doesn't owe the UFC anything.

You're only that gullible because you want to be.

Do you remember GSP going around saying he wanted to become a long term MW champion? I think it was very clear he only wanted the title, from the very first presser he did with Bisping, where Dana White tried forcing the fight before GSP wanted.

In fact is so clear GSP has no intention on defending the bent, he publicly announced a contract guarantee GSP would have to sign to get the shot? It seems odd, doesn't it? I wonder why.. It's like Dana and the UFC knew what GSP wanted, wanted the profit, but didn't want to be publicly responsible.

I think anyone with a clue knew GSP was saying "Okay, sure buddy, let's see how this goes" and got "sick" to get out of something he never wanted.

GSP was hunting for a title, and got it.

And he's going to do it again, and Dana White will try to put obstacles in GSP's way, again.

only on Sherdog is defeating a world champion, after leveling your divison like no one, is this shameful.

Exactly correct. He is essentially a part-time fighter at this point. He is 37 years old and is looking for maybe two or three more that simply interest him. He is entitled to do that. He was the champion in his division for a very long time. He has more defenses than anybody.

I respect this view. Makes sense to me.

But I don't like that he only became bold enough to fight up in weight after his layoff (after what most believe was a loss), against a fairly newly anointed champion in Micheal Bisping.

I respect this view. Makes sense to me.

But I don't like that he only became bold enough to fight up in weight after his layoff (after what most believe was a loss), against a fairly newly anointed champion in Micheal Bisping.
You do know that when George first announced that he wanted to come back rock salt was still champ right?

This guy will believe whatever he wants.

He was a welterweight.

Because he was so good at it, people asked and wondered about his chances at MW. He said he would take time off and prepare his body for the weight change.

The narrative he was hiding from MWs, and waited for his opportune time is a new narrative created by hateful forum boys. Sorry your hero Anderson faded away before GSP was willing and ready to make his move.

But your revisionist history only works on the ones who are willingly and easily convinced.

Of course he did. He's paid his dues, is one of the GOATS and is trophy hunting. He doesn't owe the UFC anything.

You're only that gullible because you want to be.

Do you remember GSP going around saying he wanted to become a long term MW champion? I think it was very clear he only wanted the title, from the very first presser he did with Bisping, where Dana White tried forcing the fight before GSP wanted.

In fact is so clear GSP has no intention on defending the bent, he publicly announced a contract guarantee GSP would have to sign to get the shot? It seems odd, doesn't it? I wonder why.. It's like Dana and the UFC knew what GSP wanted, wanted the profit, but didn't want to be publicly responsible.

I think anyone with a clue knew GSP was saying "Okay, sure buddy, let's see how this goes" and got "sick" to get out of something he never wanted.

GSP was hunting for a title, and got it.

And he's going to do it again, and Dana White will try to put obstacles in GSP's way, again.

He needed time to make the shift to MW (3 years) but he'll be ready for Max Holloway at 145 in 6 weeks from now (hyperbole).... okay. Sweet

I'm not gullible, I just want to see the best fight the best. If you can Agree that GSP is not top 6 best MW then we can move along from this point. But most people see the "champion" as King of a division. He was never the King of the Middleweights. Not even close.

You are using strawman logic to say that I think he faked his sickness. Never did, not even concerned. His win over (loss to) Hendricks stands regardless(most will agree the decision was poor and i've seen it listed in all time most rigged decisions).

I am not revising anything dude. Catchweight at 178 was too steep for GSP during his prime years. He is much younger than Anderson I am sorry you feel the need to criticize Anderson for only dominating 10 years not 12 (or some shit).

GSP is great

top 4-5

He needed time to make the shift to MW (3 years) but he'll be ready for Max Holloway at 145 in 6 weeks from now (hyperbole).... okay. Sweet

You know there is more to that. GSP was tired and wanted a break. He was mentally beaten, and the community knew it before the Hendricks fight.

This is the space you haters thrive in. Ignorance and hoping the people you're talking to know less than you.

You do know that when George first announced that he wanted to come back rock salt was still champ right?

And didnt make his decision who he wanted to fight til after he lost. Rockhold would melt GSP dude.
GSP never showed any interest in a comeback at MW while Rockhold was champion.

You know there is more to that. GSP was tired and wanted a break. He was mentally beaten, and the community knew it before the Hendricks fight.

This is the space you haters thrive in. Ignorance and hoping the people you're talking to know less than you.
no one knew it before the hendricks fight. Keep revising

I bet there is a lot of correlation between people who picked Bisping to win and people who are now crying about how GSP picks fights

Not a hater by the way, I respect GSP's skills he is top 4-6 Greatest of all time.

If I was a hater I would accuse him of steroids...

And didnt make his decision who he wanted to fight til after he lost. Rockhold would melt GSP dude.
GSP never showed any interest in a comeback at MW while Rockhold was champion.
Bisping blasted rock salt, then got dropped and choked the life out of by gsp, yet you can’t fathom gsp would have a chance against him?

You are one salty delusional poster

Actually it was a well circulating rumor on sherdog that he was going to retire after the Hendricks fight

I bet there is a lot of correlation between people who picked Bisping to win and people who are now crying about how GSP picks fights
Neo was probubaly one of the many picking bisping saying George was just way to small to handle the former LHW

If you saw the same considerably slower GSP against Bisping, then you know he would come back if Maia had won. GSP wants no part of Woodley at this point in his career.

People who think GSP is scared of fighting a muscular person of color in the octagon also have rape fantasies about said people of color. Nothing else explains these haters' emotional investment in Tyquil's "greatness".

Class is in session.

GSP always fought the top contender during his WW GOAT reign. Always. Every. Single. One. Never ducked anyone.

GSP is strong enough not to suck up to Dana and Dana hates him for it so Dana keeps him out of the spotlight even if it costs the UFC fans and money.

Tyron is a nobody, because of his own choices.

GSP is independently wealthy and after giving away bits of his health and body to the sport he has the right to wait for money and legacy fights now.

Any other questions?

Lol. How can you confidently say that?

It was a popular rumor, and in michael bisping's prediction, he addresses this.

Will link and embarrass you later.

I'm not gullible, I just want to see the best fight the best. If you can Agree that GSP is not top 6 best MW then we can move along from this point. But most people see the "champion" as King of a division. He was never the King of the Middleweights. Not even close.

You are using strawman logic to say that I think he faked his sickness. Never did, not even concerned. His win over (loss to) Hendricks stands regardless(most will agree the decision was poor and i've seen it listed in all time most rigged decisions).

I am not revising anything dude. Catchweight at 178 was too steep for GSP during his prime years. He is much younger than Anderson I am sorry you feel the need to criticize Anderson for only dominating 10 years not 12 (or some shit).

GSP is great

top 4-5
Lol. So you are willing to sound like an idiot because you are a Silva fan? So am I. I am a fan of most fighters. I DO have to rip of Conor because of his fans, not because of him. Regardless, GSP never claimed to be the best MW, never declared he could beat Whitaker or even Bisping. He just went up and tried. And if you think he looked like ANY other version of GSP you are crazy. He looked like a puffed up cartoon character. He had NONE of the fluid movement that he had at ww. He looked more like a body builder trying to fight in MMA.

Lol. How can you confidently say that?

It was a popular rumor, and in michael bisping's prediction, he addresses this.

Will link and embarrass you later.

"Everyone knew"

"Popular Rumor"

You're going to have to clean up if you want to keep entertaining me here, I don't like being trolled.

He was on an incredible, defensively stifling, legendary win streak before that fight.

facts?

Of course he would have, seeing as Maia matches up poorly with wrestlers and is old. GSP looks for easy - cough cough - I mean "legacy fights " now. Does anyone think GSP would have fought Rockhold, Jacare, Yoel or Weidman? Heck nah! Bisping was a fluke champ, old af, just went life and death with a retired senior citizen, was blind in one eye, and most importantly, he was a guy GSP trained with already and got the best out of.

b3fgUFR.png

Back