Would Khabib vs Tony do a million ppv buys?

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dana, yes hes full of shit, said Ufc 223 was trending towards a million buys before the freak injury. That was before the Conor win for Khabib and Khabib seems to be mma s new star.

Tony's pretty fucking popular himself and certainly gained some shine at 229 as well.

This fight is a promoters dream. Two guys who are popular as hell, exciting, are loved by hardcore fans also and should put on a hell of a fight.

IMO it does 1 million buys

I think it would be big. Not sure about a million big. Khabib is s household name now outside the mma community

Maybe like 800k

Edit: gotta stack that card though..

Nah. It's the fight I'd like to see more than any other but it doesn't appeal to casuals as much.

Just over 500k is my guess.

If the UFC put their promoting muscle behind it. Tony is a charismatic dude and more people know who Khabib is now that he destroyed Conor and went crazy after the fight. And both guys are great at trash talking in their own way.

I think a million is kinda pie in the sky for anyone not named Conor, Brock, or Ronda. But it could do anywhere from 450-600k which would be great numbers.

Both of their stock rose a lot on Saturday, I could see it coming in right around a million, maybe more like 850-900k

I could see it doing that well with a strong support cast. Khabib is a household name now. 750ish is probably more realistic though.

I think it would be big. Not sure about a million big. Khabib is s household name now outside the mma community

Khabib has 11.2 million instagram followers now. His popularity has grown immensely.

Maybe I'm overestimating how much it's grown. I guess we will see.

You must remember the numbers are relied on casual fans, casual fans dont like Khabib's stlye of fighting. Khabib is a star, but a star among mainly muslim people in the middle east aka they watch UFC for free lol

I'd predict 500-700k. Think khabib has some fairly legit buzz going right now that he can capitalize on.

I would consider 400k a big success for that fight. The big (non Conor) PPV's these days can barely break 200k.

nah
it's so tough to get near a million, what was gsp's return v bisping, like 800k?
khabib tony would be shy of 500k, well shy but I'd love to see it.

Promote the shit out of it and stack it with at least 2 more awesome fights and I think it could crack 600k. Like Khabib/Tony with maybe Woodley/Covington as the co-main and another top LW fight after that.

Back