Would Tyson Fury be anything special if he was 3 inches shorter (6ft6)?

Aggro

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Obviously height, reach, size matters a lot in boxing.
It's a big advantage IFyou are already skilled & know how to use those physical attributes

Being 6ft6 he'd at least in the ballpark of 6ft4 to 6ft6 fighters, 95% of current top HWTs

Would Fury be anything special compared to the current crop of HWTs if he was 6ft6 (weight & reach down in proportion to height) with the same skillset?

Last edited:
Shave off another 3 inches and no, he wouldn't be. 6'6" is still huge.

He'd still be top class and a world champ but I don't think he'd still be unbeaten.

He's really 6'7 so it would only be like a 1 inch difference

It's a big advantage IFyou are already skilled & know how to use those physical attributes

Being 6ft6 he'd at least in the ballpark of 6ft4 to 6ft6 fighters, 95% of current top HWTs

Would Fury be anything special compared to the current crop of HWTs if he was 6ft6 (weight & reach down in proportion to height) with the same skillset?
Fury is really about 6’7, 6’7 1/2” tops — he’s never been 6’9” in his life. And I still think it quite odd that Fury and his team keep promulgating that false statistic.
Look at photos of Fury standing next to Magic Johnson or boxer David Price for reference.

He’s got incredible skills for a man of his size. If he was smaller he’d be even faster.
He’s just a great fighter.
He knows how to use his size to crowd on the opponent , make the opponent work hard to get out of the grappling exchanges, and when he uses his superior size to lean on the opponent, that opponent has to expend a lot of energy to detangle.

fury is sharp and knows how to use his size

If he was 3 inches shorter he might move quicker on his feet and make up for it.

He's NOT 6'9 anyway..

upload_2021-10-10_13-39-44.jpeg

Magic is NOT 6-9 either, he is more like 6-7 and change..

Tyson might be 6-7 in his shoes..

He's really 6'7 so it would only be like a 1 inch difference

Nope.

My uncle is 204- 205 cm in Nikes and he met Fury in Germany and Fury still looked bigger. Fury just has a lazy posture (that's what my mom would say). My oldest brother is 6ft5 but he got a lazy posture so he looks 2inches smaller.

Fury is at least 6ft8 maybe 6ft8+

Wilder is at least 6ft7 or maybe just a little bit smaller ala 6,6ft+++++++ don't know. Security didn't allowed much when he was in Rome (Italy)

Last edited:

hes no bigger than 6ft 7 so 3" off would be 6ft 4

WWE-Crown-Jewel-Tyson-Fury-vs.-Braun-Strowman.jpeg

That wrestler is listed as 6ft 8 by wwe but hes listed as 6ft 6 in strongman competitions and noticeably smaller than Hathor Bjornson whos a legit 6ft 8

cropped_20686939_477241975986721_5399578716403662848_n.jpg

Back