Would you eliminate world hunger if you could?

I think I like best Jesus dealing poverty, and the guilting of gift-giving and showing love to friends and family. The passage is in Matthew 26:6-13. I've underlined pertinent points as I see it:

"6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9“This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you,abut you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

Also, I do believe much of poverty is spiritual and mental. I like Paul's relationship to it as touched on in 2 Corinthians 6:20:

"10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything."

I would donate a chunk every year provided it was dealt out fairly. It seems when humans and things leave the hand to hand giving, things go awry. I'd be willing to chance some corruption though.

Yes I would end hunger. As well as all the other necessities basic to survival. If you want more than the basics, then that's your problem.

This can be done but acquisition of shit we don't need or can't afford is more important than other human beings. Also the rich people that own this country want you hungry, divided, and marginalized because control of your labor determines your efficacy in political power...which is nil bc you are working all the fricken time to make ends meet and you're a debt slave. Who has the energy or time to become politically active?

Yes we should but we won't b/c at the moment, the Right Wing impulse is too strong collectively.

Back