Would you favor the Pavlovich vs Aspinall winner to defeat Jon Jones in late 2024?

Would you favor the Pavlovich vs Aspinall winner to defeat Jon Jones in late 2024?

• Total voters

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
When Jones returns, he will have fought once (March 2023) in the last 4+ years since his final LHW fight in February 2020. He's in for an 8 month recovery for his torn pectoral muscle injury and will be 37 years old.

Would you favor the Pavlovich vs Aspinall winner to defeat Jones if the fight happens by the end of next year? Or do you think Jones will insist on the Stipe fight no matter what and never fight the winner?

We may think we know the answer now but if the Pavlovich vs Aspinall winner ends up defending their interim belt in the first half of 2024 (unlikely the winner will be iced and not fight for 6+ months) there will be added pressure for Jones to fight them when he returns.

Jones will want the Stipe fight. I think either of the other two beat him tbh.

Jones is so good that I would favor him despite his age and layoff. Aspinall would have the better chance of beating Jones if they fought. Could see Jones Ganeing Pavlovich

I honestly do not believe that Jones would defend against anybody but Stipe (or Gane of course).

I felt pretty good about Stipe knocking that lowlife out. But Stipe being another 8+ months older? I don’t know considering he is a full time firefighter. He may be able to work out. But he is obviously not training mma full time.

Jones will not fight whomever the winner is of this IC fight.. Period.

When Jones returns, he will have fought once (March 2023) in the last 4+ years since his final LHW fight in February 2020. He's in for an 8 month recovery for his torn pectoral muscle injury and will be 37 years old.

Would you favor the Pavlovich vs Aspinall winner to defeat Jones if the fight happens by the end of next year? Or do you think Jones will insist on the Stipe fight no matter what and never fight the winner?

We may think we know the answer now but if the Pavlovich vs Aspinall winner ends up defending their interim belt in the first half of 2024 (unlikely the winner will be iced and not fight for 6+ months) there will be added pressure for Jones to fight them when he returns.
I’ll give my pick after November 11;)

I think it's a toss up against both fighters.

But he's not going to fight either of them. Pretty sure he's going to fight Stipe if he's still around or retire.

I honestly do not believe that Jones would defend against anybody but Stipe (or Gane of course).

I felt pretty good about Stipe knocking that lowlife out. But Stipe being another 8+ months older? I don’t know considering he is a full time firefighter. He may be able to work out. But he is obviously not training mma full time.

Jones will not fight whomever the winner is of this IC fight.. Period.
I dont think the firefighting gets in the way so much as the long periods of inactivity,which seems mostly self imposed,rather than him being too busy. If they didnt want Jones to have a win over Stipe so badly,theyd gladly stop giving him fights imo.

The most likely way for Jones to lose at HW is to get caught with a big shot, and Pavlovich has the best chance that. His reach matches Jones, and he's got serious power.

Aspinall is on the wrong side of knee surgery for a 6'5" 260 lb man. Jones would figure out a way to exploit that, either with kicks, or movement and takedowns.

The most likely way for Jones to lose at HW is to get caught with a big shot, and Pavlovich has the best chance that. His reach matches Jones, and he's got serious power.

Aspinall is on the wrong side of knee surgery for a 6'5" 260 lb man. Jones would figure out a way to exploit that, either with kicks, or movement and takedowns.

Aspinall has put serious work into rehabbing his knees and upping his physical fitness following that injury and subsequent surgery. I really don't think it's as big of a liability going forward as you'd think.

I think both of them give Jon the fight of his life and have a very good chance at winning. However, Jon will wither fight Stipe and retire or if he can't fight Stipe, just hang them up

I think aspinal going to upset, however aspinal will lose to jones. Pav would likely take jones. Styles make fights.

I dont think the firefighting gets in the way so much as the long periods of inactivity,which seems mostly self imposed,rather than him being too busy. If they didnt want Jones to have a win over Stipe so badly,theyd gladly stop giving him fights imo.
I don’t know of any current UFC champion/top contender that also has a physically dangerous fulltime job.

Let alone one where the shifts might be 24 on 24 off. Or 24 on for 4 days straight. Then 4 days off straight. Firefighters do NOT work 9-5.

So no, I think his ability to train properly for a UFC HW championship fight would be ridiculous while working that fulltime job.

He probably had to get some kind of leave of absence from his job for this camp. And I’d wager everyone involved considered this to be a one off.

Are his employers going to let him go on leave again in 8 months?

I don’t think his activity is an issue if he can have a full and proper camp. He didn’t forget how to fight. But he would need a full camp to sharpen up as much as possible, and to be in fight shape. If he is serious about actually trying to win the fight.

Jones came back after 3 years out to win a title fight. GSP came back after 4 years out to win a title fight. Cruz came back after 1 fight in 5 years to win a title fight.

Imagime Jones without USADA now... he will <JonesLaugh>smesh both!!!

LOL at people still thinking Jones agrees to fight another no-name HW for no benefit, no prestige and a lesser payday. Stipe is the last possible fight for Jones, unless they brought someone like Brock or DC back.

Jarl

Jones could beat both of them on the same night
He could choke out Aspinall in minutes, have Pavlovich jump in right after and he would be taken down and pounded.
Ez money

Back