Would you say Taylor Swift is now bigger than Elvis?

Taylor Swift has regular bowel movements as opposed to Elvis.

Reactions: lsa
Elvis never played outside of north america.. only in US and a couple of times in Canada. You like to think you are the only inhabitants in the world but that is not the case.

Regarding Beyonce and Swift I could not care less. I don't think I would recognize Swift in a picture and have not heard about Beyonce in years. Not my cup of tea. All I know is that when Taylor came here it was a fucking shitshow with people camping for weeks to get to the stadium first.
So? It's not like he wasn't massively popular outside the US, like 40% of his album sales were outside the US. His manager just didn't book him for tours abroad because the manager was an illegal with no passport and was worried they wouldn't let him back into the country if they left. I think he was also tied to a murder or had some criminal history in the Netherlands as well.

Beyonce got paid $24m for an hour event in Dubai.
Swift was offered $9m for an event in Dubai.

Beyonce's putting on a way better show than Swift's frail ass is doing and is hands down more attractive. Not even an argument.
Also Taylor's not even in the top 10 for sales and not the highest selling female ever.

So by what metric does she beat Elvis? Because she went to Argentina?
Elvis would've shook his hips and fucked Argentina a new asshole if he knew it existed.
Taylor and Beyonce already had a fight and Taylor won. Kanye "Cecil Peoples" West disagreed with the judges' decision.

kanye-west-taylor-swift-mtv-vmas-2009-billboard-1548.jpg

While Taylor Swift is commercially more successful, I think Elvis will always have a more enduring legacy - Taylor Swift has no "story" to her career. She came from wealth, found early success in country music and parlayed that into an enormously successful career. She had no real obstacles to overcome, and has always played it safe as the "good girl".

Conversely, Elvis fundamentally changed rock and roll, including the image of what it meant to be a rock star.

Taylor Swift demographic tends to be young girls. I don't think you'll find very many older people who know much about her or care for her. What if you ask a younger person if they knew who Elvis Presley was or have seen his movies / music? I'm leaning towards them knowing more about him.

I'd say Elvis is still more popular and at his peak there's no comparison.

But eventually Taylor Swift will become more popular because records are meant to be broken

Taylor Swift demographic tends to be young girls. I don't think you'll find very many older people who know much about her or care for her. What if you ask a younger person if they knew who Elvis Presley was or have seen his movies / music? I'm leaning towards them knowing more about him.

I'd say Elvis is still more popular and at his peak there's no comparison.

But eventually Taylor Swift will become more popular because records are meant to be broken
I think you'd be surprised at the demographic spread. While I do remember her music being more geared toward teeny boppers earlier in her career, she's been doing this for a long time and has consequently matured in her musical output and her fans partially have at the very least aged along with that. A quick google search also mentioned the gender spread is nearly 50/50. I think she has gradually outgrown the teenage idol label.

Last edited:
Elvis pioneered having a private jet he crawled so tay tay could run. Tay tay might have more money but elvis is the bigger icon. Elvis probably would have been a billionaire too if he was still alive at age 89 in 2024.
180621112101-elvis-jet-8.jpg

s095368490.jpg

Swift hasn’t done anything significant in terms of creating something, changing the industry or anything along those lines. Elvis came along in an era where so much had yet to be done so those things were more readily available.. I’d be shocked if someone like Swift wound up with a legacy as impactful as Elvis long after she’s gone.

The image of Elvis is still global many decades after his time ended. No one knows what Swifts legacy will be long after she’s gone.

Anecdotally I couldn’t name or recognize 1 Taylor Swift song whereas I know plenty of Elvis tunes and films.. and I wasn’t around for Elvis so.. I’m answering no here. Swift most likely won’t have the same impact or staying power.

They wouldn't show Elvis from the waist down because it was considered obscene.

So until Taylor Swift does something obscene by today's standards below the waist, then no. Elvis is still the king.

Who is this Taylor Swift you speak of.

I really don't know much about Taylor Swift other than she won the Superbowl, but her ability to trigger Sherbro's is reaching legendary status. Elvis doesn't even come close.

No, Swift is pop culture, she’ll fade away and none of her songs are even memorable. Plus she didn’t shed light or expand the music scene.
Katy perry had more fame in her peak than Michael Jackson and no one will remember Katy perry like they do to Michael.

I really don't know much about Taylor Swift other than she won the Superbowl, but her ability to trigger Sherbro's is reaching legendary status. Elvis doesn't even come close.
Bullshit. Youre just mad that Elvis is a better fuck than her.

Back