Media Wow Conor really went out cold

I always thought the distinction was TKO is stoppage but KO is unconscious, in which case I thought they made it a TKO not to make it too bad for Conor.

But I guess the distinction is even more blurry.

He definetely went completely out for a sec but he was squinting, contracting his face muscles for the following shot so, he regained his consciousness back very quick.

Not 20 mill. Do the math. It makes zero sense for the UFC to pay him 20 mill
5 mil upfront- reported
Dustin got 1 mil.
Plus a cut of ppv which is likely to be in the 1.5 mill range. Most of his are.
Its not exactly out of the question
Conor will have bargained a good cut.

Got it.

So if Dustin walked away after Conor took his nap and showed mercy it would have been a KO, but because Herb stepped in and showed Conor some mercy it’s a TKO.

Conor got KO’d plain and simple.

BJM is an idiot obviously if a fighter physically cannot defend themselves and the ref has to come in, they're unconscious. It implies itself

it didn't look like he was out out when i watched it live

i remember thinking that Herb saved him from the shadow realm... like he wiould have been put out

i think this was a flash KO but yea in slomo he def looks out for a second

Lol Conor said in the post fight presser that he wasn't even rocked.... He was pretty much unconscious, maybe he genuinely forgot he got KO'd.

BJM is an idiot obviously if a fighter physically cannot defend themselves and the ref has to come in, they're unconscious. It implies itself

I was thinking exactly this

CANNOT defend yourself means you’re unconscious = KO

IS NOT defending yourself means you’re conscious but turtled up / for whatever reason not intelligently defending = TKO

Connor’s left arm is down his hip and his right arm is on the floor underneath him, because he went unconscious and cannot defend himself.

So it’s a KO

Definitely a KO. Beautiful follow-up shot. Romero-Rockhold-esque

mmmmm sorry but Big John's tweet seems confusing.
If a fighter CANNOT defend by himself is because he is not in full control on his consciousness to defend himself (unless some extraordinary event happens, like Silva braking his leg).
So, the KO happens when a fighter is incapacitated to defend himself. A TKO happens when the fighter is still in control of his consciousness but unable to defend. So, consciousness is indeed the dividing line.

In boxing is clear, as a KO happens when a fighter is unable to continue fighting after the count of 10 seconds (you can see fighters who are standing at the count of 10 but unable to defend themselves, and is still a KO).
But in mma there is a thin line due to the non existence of the count of 10, so the only person who can say if a fighter is overwhelmed and is not defending or if he CAN´T defend, IS the referee.
I don´t know if Herb said something after the fight McGregor-Poirier. Watching the video, he jumped to block further punches to McGregor, who was totally unable to defend and with the face exposed to more punches, but when Herb puts his body between them two, Poirier stopped punching, most probably noticing that McGregor was out, even for a few seconds, and unable to defend himself.

At the UFC's website (which is probably as official as we can get), the result of the fight is as follows:

UFC%20257%20Poirier%20vs.%20McGregor%20-%20Scorecards%20-%20Poirier%20vs.%20McGregor.jpg

EDIT: To add that to me was a KO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back