Media Wow Conor really went out cold

100% KO. If you're not in a position to defend yourself and taking unanswered shots, that is a KO.
I think you can take unanswered shots, but you need to do other things, like trying to grapple or trying to cover your face etc.

For example; Colby was taking unanswered shots from Usman, but he wasn't out yet, he was trying to grapple Usman's leg but he wasn't successful and taking unanswered shots. It was a clean TKO.

If you are out completely (which means doing absolutely nothing, no grapple or cover your face), that should be a KO.

look how bad his jaw rattles from that first ground strike his chin will never be the same

The Conor from last night beats the Khabib who fought Gaethje 10/10.

that right scrambled his brain for sure

Dayum. Looks like was sitting and looking right down the barrel of the shot that put him out like Rockhold/Romero.

DVuy7nGW0AA2lPV copy.jpg

Genuine question, who is the person that decide if its either T.K.O or a K.O.?

It was obvious to me that this was a doctor's stoppage due to Conor's severely compromised leg. You can see Conor reach for his leg while he was cheapshotted by Dustin. Well, you can't really see it from this angle, but I can assure you that's what happened.

Plus, early stoppage.

Good question. I often disagreed with the ruling. There were quite some TKO's where the fighter was out cold in the past

I think the referee makes the call.

I don’t know why we care. A tko is a TECHNICAL knockout. So still a KO. Weird to get hung up on it.

Dude went out though. If only for a brief moment.

Back