Wow. That was one of the best HW title fights of all time... Damn

He did good enough where after the passage of time I see him getting a fourth fight like Marquez got against Pacquiao. While Tyson's 2-0-1 there is no doubt that Wilder is capable of beating Fury.

This makes suing for the third fight much more understandable. Maybe the Black Panther suit really was the reason he got dominated in fight 2.

He should fight other top fighters and because of this he'll be favored against all of them.

Meh, Wilder is so sloppy. Just a right hand fighter. Despite the knockdowns I thought it was boring and predictable.

Honestly I am struggling to think of a trilogy that compares at HW.

That was a MMA level great fight. Sadly it does not happen in boxing when two guys just come for war and no fear.

It was an epic fight primarily because both fighters were throwing with malicious intent all night, and taking shots that would knock many men out cold. I don't even know if you can say Wilder was a loser, he just didn't win. Fury's power punching is becoming scary, he already had speed and timing. Great fight, glad I bought the PPV.

Arum just said it was the best of all time, better than Thrilla In Manilla (which he was there for).

It’s the occasion, the knockdowns and the ending that made it memorable but the actual fight was fury dominating and a lot of clinching and fury putting his weight on wilder to drain him.

but yeah, whenever wilder fights you know the chance of a KO is there at any moment.

He definitely won the first round.

I'd like to go back and score it. When you consider the fight as a whole, it felt like Fury dominated everything except the 4th, but I think you can easily give the first and fourth (10-7), to Wilder. If you score the second and the fifth for him as well (which I didn't, but isn't impossible), then they were tied on the cards going into the 10th round.

Yeah. Not a fan of these 20 second knockdown plus recovery time and concussion protocol slash excessive break time.

And it seems to be the way things are going.

Ultimately this will lead to more head trauma for the fighters. Being recovered just enough to face another barrage is what causes the multiple concussions the world of sport is becoming so worried about.

I'd like to go back and score it. When you consider the fight as a whole, it felt like Fury dominated everything except the 4th, but I think you can easily give the first and fourth (10-7), to Wilder. If you score the second and the fifth for him as well (which I didn't, but isn't impossible), then they were tied on the cards going into the 10th round.

I see what you mean. There was a while I was wondering if it would be a split decision (Fury) he definitely wasn't in a position to be giving rounds to wilderin the middle- it was tight enough with all the knockdowns. But the rounds he had to win, he won big at the back end of the fight, one after the other. Great finish to the fight, at 277lb too.

I see what you mean. There was a while I was wondering if it would be a split decision (Fury) he definitely wasn't in a position to be giving rounds to wilderin the middle- it was tight enough with all the knockdowns. But the rounds he had to win, he won big at the back end of the fight, one after the other. Great finish to the fight, at 277lb too.

Yeah, I'm glad it ended definitively, although I'm sure some people will complain about Wilder not getting a count (despite the fact that he landed in the fucking recovery position).

Even if Wilder had made it to decision, he couldn't possibly win on the cards after the 10th and 11th round KDs, but it's actually defensible to score it with Deontay ahead pretty late into the fight, which feels bizarre to say, because it only every really felt like he was winning the fight in the fourth.

Convinced these two are the top of this era, both incredible beards and one has the skill, the other unforgivable power.

Big Shaq looks quite concerned for Deontay.

NINTCHDBPICT000685704725.jpg

EPA_Usa-Boxing-Fury-Wilder_09516024jpg-JS685694237.jpg

Yeah but instead of embracing a great fight, some are going all reps vs dems (dead end game).

Wilder was live up to the end, it's really too bad hes so limited, he still did more than I ever saw him do with the uppercuts and jabs. The punches he put fury dow with didnt even look like the best ones he landed.

Back