Wrestling GIFs (Folkstyle, Freestyle, Greco-Roman)

Jamil Kelly with a sweet throw, perfectly timed.

m8eNlJ.gif

If I knew how to make GIFs I would make them of Beloglazov actually wrestling, but here's him hitting an awesome leg-entanglement throw in one of his instructionals. I love Beloglazov's technique:
iDZ5gqURE2MZH.gif

One of my favorite things about that Beloglazov instructional is that his partner for the whole series is someone who's like a foot taller than him. I get frustrated with my wrestling sometimes because, in theory, all moves should work on an opponent, regardless of their size vs. you (within reason), and sometimes some of my favorite techs only work on those within a certain range of my weight class. Working on it, though.

Pretty sure I made that gif lol! Beloglazovs set is one of my favorite instructionals.

Cheers y'all:

I love farside ankle pick setups-- DT w/ Dake (who I also love to watch):
20.gif

I was in love with sweep singles for a while, but moved away from them a bit as they aren't as applicable in MMA/or no shoes (right? I'd be happy to have someone tell me otherwise/ their variation), but this sweep is just dirty:
awesome-russian-wrestling-highlights-9-o.gif

JB being unstoppable:
0.gif

If I knew how to make GIFs I would make them of Beloglazov actually wrestling, but here's him hitting an awesome leg-entanglement throw in one of his instructionals. I love Beloglazov's technique:
iDZ5gqURE2MZH.gif

One of my favorite things about that Beloglazov instructional is that his partner for the whole series is someone who's like a foot taller than him. I get frustrated with my wrestling sometimes because, in theory, all moves should work on an opponent, regardless of their size vs. you (within reason), and sometimes some of my favorite techs only work on those within a certain range of my weight class. Working on it, though.

Sakuraba used sweep singles all the time in MMA. I don't think the single is a great move for MMA in general, but the sweep is one of the better variations if you're going to use it.

Nice! What do you call that throw in wrestling? Does it have a specific name, or should I stick to calling it uchi mata?

I've seen it referred to by some wrestlers as a mule kick, or the kick and pick when combined with an ankle pick but I don't know how legit those are. I usually stick with Uchimata, it's more of a Judo technique imo.

Sweet backdoor defense and goes straight in to a 4 point feet to back lift:

KreG8w.gif

Adam Saitiev stops the big throw attempt by Yoel Romero in the gold medal match in the 2000 Olympics:

romero7_zps48915efe.gif

Sweet backflip by Iranian wrestler at Jr Worlds last year:

FlippantFantasticGrassspider.gif

Slick footsweep by Buvaisar Saitiev:

animation-23.gif

Coleman Scott low single to secure the bronze medal in the 2012 Olympics:

Highlights-_Coleman_Scott_Wins_60kg_Bronze_3.gif

Cross ankle pick for Jordan Burroughs against Denis Tsargush:

2aad3s4.jpg

Last edited:
Adam Saitiev inside trip at 2000 Olympics on Yoel Romero:

romero6_zps32c7c98d.gif

Yoel Romero cross ankle pick:

romero4_zps6cff163b.gif

Yoel Romero ankle picks Adam Saitiev:

animation2_zpsda4916f4_medium.gif

Yoel Romero misses ankle pick, times double perfectly for reshot:

romero3_zps8eb5766e_medium.gif

Romero just bends over and hits the ankle pick (not advisable):

animation1_zps979be310_medium.gif

animation_zpsab60e86e_medium.gif

Romero just bends over and hits the ankle pick (not advisable):

animation1_zps979be310_medium.gif
]

Lol didn't realise he would do it in a wrestling match too, I thought he only did it in MMA because the standard is lower

25aq6go.gif

Back