• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

WWE WrestleMania 38 Night Two Live Discussion

Who should go over in the main event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me there was a strong Krusty's Komeback Special vibe to WM this year. They pulled out a bunch of big names to put on their biggest show of the year. Meanwhile on the Gabbo show we have Danhausen...

There really is nothing like Mania when they do it right. But of course as ever, now we see if they can break the habit of not building on the momentum.

Is his best WM match against Shane? I liked his match against Orton as well.

Edge is a good worker, but never really put him in that upper echelon of workers like AJ. I think even Christian is a better worker than Edge. Edge makes it up with look and charisma.

Boneyard Match was his best Mania match

Something I have to give WWE a lot of credit for as someone who does not normally watch the product was the production and the video packages before matches. Every match seemed to have some kind of story going in which is great for the viewer.

My thoughts on the show at this point:

Note that I slept through the first few matches on Night 1 and I turned it off during Edge/AJ on Night 2. If I go back and watch anything I missed, my thoughts might change.

Night 1: I fell asleep while the Usos were making their entrance. That's not a dig at them, it's just what happened. I slept through that match, Drew/Corbin and Logan Paul. I have no intention of going back to watch those. Becky vs. Bianca was good. I'm not a big Bianca fan, but I can see why they are pushing her so hard. Her athleticism is really a cut above everyone else in the women's division. I wanted this spot to the be the culmination of Liv having to work her way back to face Becky again and finally winning to wrap up the whole "she can't win the big one" story. That almost certainly would not have been as good a match, but it would have been a better story and it would have made a new star (also, I want to make out with Liv). Bianca at this point is made between winning the Rumble, beating Sasha in the Night 1 main event last year, putting on that dominant performance at Survivor Series, winning the gauntlet, winning EC, and now being the one to dethrone Becky. I'd like to see them build up some other stars in the next few months/year so when we get to 39 it's not just some combination of Becky/Bianca/Charlotte/Ronda/Maybe Sasha/Maybe Bayley. Good match, though.

Ronda vs. Charlotte was dog shit. Sloppy and stupid and made Ronda look like a moron as if she was Sting wrestling the other Flair. Ronda should have pulled a "That doesn't work for me, sister," and insisted on going over by submission in under a minute. Worst match of the night.

I have never given a single, solitary shit about Cody, and I still don't. He's painfully mediocre at everything and ranks a solid 4th if I rank the members of his family I want to see on my TV. But his entrance was very well done and he got a great response. Seth even carried him to a very good match. Probably the second best wrestling match of the evening. I don't see him staying over for long. I don't see him being the Universal champion. I don't see him toppling Reigns. Maybe I'm wrong. But even if I'm not, I'm glad he's grabbing however much cash Vince through at him.

Austin and KO was the show. Austin, really, on his own was the show. But KO was great in his role. When he said he'd have moved to Mexico if he was forced to grow up in Texas I laughed out loud at "It's right there!" KO is great. I wasn't expecting that kind of match either. I figured there'd be some punches and chair shots and a Stunner. I was shocked that Austin took those bumps, especially the suplex on the concrete. I even bit on the KO Stunner! The finish was what it was supposed to be. Byron getting Stunned for no reason was perfect, and the Texas Rangers hauling KO off was great. Thank you, Austin. MOTN and it's not even close. It probably would have been MOTN even if it was just a handful of punches a chair shot and a Stunner, to be fair. #GOAT

Night 2: I know people complained about Trips, but I didn't mind that. He got his farewell pop and made it short. I could have done without having America the Beautiful again and having Gable introduced to the live crowd again, though.

Opening tag match was good. Gable vs Gable could be a good first feud for him. Chad will bounce around like crazy. He needs some WWE Vitamins, though. Lashley vs. Omos was interesting. Omos going down clean to power moves this early would seem to indicate he's just about done. I figured they'd drag his monster push out longer and maybe get to a title match. Glad Lashley looked strong. He should be right back to the top of the card.

Sami vs. Knoxville was what it was. I didn't particularly like what it was, but whatever. Sami did great with what he had.

Women's tag - I took a poop a break and when I found out Liv didn't win the titles, I was glad I didn't watch it.

AJ vs. Edge lost me. Edge just isn't very good, imo. He was never great, but he was good in his prime. Since his return, he's been very meh without having editing to get a good match out of him. I was hoping for a banger, but was pretty bored. I turned it off to watch the Lady Gamecocks win the national title and had no regrets. Then I went to bed. If LTR wants to watch Roman vs. Brock I'll watch it with him. If not, I'm fine with that too.

I didn't think the show was garbage or anything, but once Stone Cold won his match I didn't need or want anything else.

I didn't think the show was garbage or anything, but once Stone Cold won his match I didn't need or want anything else.

No desire to see The Rock come out after that lackluster main event? That was my biggest gripe about Night 2. What a boring way to end the whole thing.

No desire to see The Rock come out after that lackluster main event? That was my biggest gripe about Night 2. What a boring way to end the whole thing.

I couldn't care less if I ever see the Rock again, but I also didn't watch the Night 2 Main Event.

I really hated that they had Roman cheat to win. How fucking long are they going to wait before he goes over lesnar clean? WM main event should have a clean finish not cheating by the guy you book the strongest for the past 5 years. I know Roman is heel but still, heel's can go over clean especially over someone like Brock who is more or less on the way out.

Do did they constantly say 'Wrestlemania moment' like they did last night?

Hearing that is like hearing 'Seth freakin Rollins.'

they do every year. if i made a drinking game out of it and took a shot every time i hear the words "wrestlemania moment" i would need to get rushed to the emergency room and have my stomache pumped before the show even ends!

im not much on following wrestling anymore but i do watch mania every year, and this is the first time in as many years as i can remember that i didnt see somebody getting put through the announcers table during the main or co-main event :( and after probably taking over a hundred stunners, vince still hasnt figured out how to sell one. i dont know whether to laugh or to cry.

Did you expect someone to come out and challenge Roman?

Uh, isn't it obvious that me and thousands of others expected Rock to come out and stare him down or in someway set up Roman / Rock for WM 39?

Uh, isn't it obvious that me and thousands of others expected Rock to come out and stare him down or in someway set up Roman / Rock for WM 39?
its far more obvious that rock shows up at next years mania because its in LA.

I really hated that they had Roman cheat to win. How fucking long are they going to wait before he goes over lesnar clean? WM main event should have a clean finish not cheating by the guy you book the strongest for the past 5 years. I know Roman is heel but still, heel's can go over clean especially over someone like Brock who is more or less on the way out.

Didn't he go over clean when he beat him clean for the title back when he was a face the last time we saw this first ever historic, once in a life time, stupendous, biggest Wrestlemania main event ever, that has most assuredly never ever happened before?

Didn't he go over clean when he beat him clean for the title back when he was a face the last time we saw this first ever historic, once in a life time, stupendous, biggest Wrestlemania main event ever, that has most assuredly never ever happened before?
i could be wrong and im not at a great place to search, but i cant recall roman ever going over brock clean at WM.

Brock went over Roman clean last time they faced at mania. Rollins cashed in the time before that

Back