Television X-MEN '97 (First Official Trailer, post #292)

That episode was so damn impactful. I couldn't stop thinking about it after watching it last night. The way they set that up with Cable coming through and all shit hitting the fan instantly after all the dramatic relationship shit was crazy pacing and the action sequences were fucking dope. I was thinking that was maybe the best X-Men related anything I've seen on screen. That Wild Sentinel had you thinking everyone was completely fucked.

I have no clue what happened with the X-Men stories after the early 90's so that crazy Sentinel was new to me. Next week they are going back to the Storm x Forge story which is an old one, I actually have that physical comic and I wasn't a big collector. It will be interesting to see if they tie it into the mainline story at all.

That might be their absolute peak too. I was a little kid thru most of the 80s so didn't get to catch all of it at the time. But I went back later and read a lot of it and it's so, so good.

It is.

The Jim Lee years and post era are more remembered for the art (Lee, Portacio, Liefeld, Silvestri. the Kuberts, Madurerira), costume and character redesigns (Rogue and Psylocke becoming hot), some fan favorite new characters like Gambit, Cable, Deadpool and all the adaptations (TAS, video games)

But the peak wriiting was Claremont from around issues 100 to 250.

It is.

The Jim Lee years and post era are more remembered for the art (Lee, Portacio, Liefeld, Silvestri. the Kuberts, Madurerira), costume and character redesigns (Rogue and Psylocke becoming hot), some fan favorite new characters like Gambit, Cable, Deadpool and all the adaptations (TAS, video games)

But the peak wriiting was Claremont from around issues 100 to 250.
Yeah no disagreement here Claremont is amazing. I might have to get the marvel app or something because I'd like to go back and read through all the 80's stuff again. And not just the X-men, there was so much good stuff I'd like to go through again.

Claremont's legacy cannot be overstated. He was the one who changed Magneto from a generic, take-over-the-world supervillain into a Holocaust Survivor who does very bad things for good reasons.

And of course he wrote some of the most revered X Men stories of all time. Including, but not limited to, Dark Pheonix, Mutant Massacre and Inferno.

Those motherfuckers better not have just killed off
Magneto and Gambit

This is crazy good though. Good balance of extreme corny-ness and cheezy drama and serious drama.

Those motherfuckers better not have just killed off
Magneto and Gambit

This is crazy good though. Good balance of extreme corny-ness and cheezy drama and serious drama.

Only Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy and Bruce Wayne's parents stay dead in comic books. ;)

Anyone watched the episode?

Not a fan of the space stuff in X-men, but Storm in her OG costume was good.

9aae7f7e.jpg

Anyone watched the episode?

Not a fan of the space stuff in X-men, but Storm in her OG costume was good.

9aae7f7e.jpg

Good, but it suffered from having to follow the epic gut-punch that was the previous episode. They really should have made episode 5 the season finale.

And no, I was never a fan of Bird-People from Outer Space either.

Why are they dropping 1 ep s week? Seems since ensnare short it should be 2-3 a week.

Not a fan of...

Sinister being responsible for Genosha. Sinister is basically Dr Mengele with Superpowers. He's not in Cassandra Nova's league.

Ya it's tough as hell to follow the last episode, but we'll get back to that plot line for the final 3 episodes which I think will be epic as hell.

I still dug that episode though. They had to throw in the space shit to be able to tie Xavier back into the story. The animation and action looked outstanding, especially with Gladiator.

I think they did a good job with Storm plotline as well and I absolutely love the original costume. I like it a lot more than the white one from the 90's.

The ending reveal that @KnightTemplar pointed out, not so sure that I love that either. We'll see how well they pull that off in the final 3 episodes.

Ya it's tough as hell to follow the last episode, but we'll get back to that plot line for the final 3 episodes which I think will be epic as hell.

I still dug that episode though. They had to throw in the space shit to be able to tie Xavier back into the story. The animation and action looked outstanding, especially with Gladiator.

I think they did a good job with Storm plotline as well and I absolutely love the original costume. I like it a lot more than the white one from the 90's.

The ending reveal that @KnightTemplar pointed out, not so sure that I love that either. We'll see how well they pull that off in the final 3 episodes.

They're really trying to hype up Sinister as a Big Bad. While he's played that role in the comics, most noteably the Mutant Massacre and Inferno story lines, he's a lightweight compared to Cassandra. She made a bigger impact in her debute than Sinister did in all his appearances combined.

mentioned this in another thread but are we meant to like Cassandra Nova as villain? I literally had not heard of her until the fan theories and feel like I'm being gaslit about her ever actually existing, like someone is about to get hyped about Magnatior, Mageto's separated conjoined evil twin.

If they making Sinister the main then that is worse than the above.

They're really trying to hype up Sinister as a Big Bad. While he's played that role in the comics, most noteably the Mutant Massacre and Inferno story lines, he's a lightweight compared to Cassandra. She made a bigger impact in her debute than Sinister did in all his appearances combined.
Yea admittedly I don't know much about Cassandra outside of a little bit of research, but falling back on Sinister all the time is a bit played. They did that quite a bit in the original animated series as well. I think this would be a good opportunity to start injecting some of the newer X-Men stuff in here, such as the Wild Sentinels, to keep things fresh. Maybe they will plug Cassandra into this in league with Sinister or something.

Back