Yawn O'Malley!

Not sure what makes you a fight fan

To be fair though, he made a point of saying that he gets paid exactly the same no matter who he fights.

Wouldn't you be doing the exact same thing?

I'm not 100% sure how UFC contracts work.. I guess if he called out better fighters and blitzed into the top 5 he can renegotiate and start making more per fight? Maybe a Sher-Agent can explain the business workings.

To be fair though, he made a point of saying that he gets paid exactly the same no matter who he fights.

I'm not 100% sure how UFC contracts work.. I guess if he called out better fighters and blitzed into the top 5 he can renegotiate and start making more per fight? Maybe a Sher-Agent can explain the business workings.
He’s 100 % correct. But. That’s not a champions mindset. But being champ in the ufc means diddly squat so

He should rematch the dude he lost to or fight Cody regardless if Cody wins or not.

He has to fight out the contract first. So the better fighters we want to see him fight, he wants more money. Once this contract is over, he will ask for more because it will be time to fight higher opposition

He’s 100 % correct. But. That’s not a champions mindset. But being champ in the ufc means diddly squat so
Being champ in the UFC seems like the only way to make actual money though.
That or have like massive amounts of fights like Jim Miller, Clay Guida, Cerrone etc. (I've seen a few times they get paid quite well)

I'm not convinced that he can beat the dominant wrestlers, when people approach fighting him like Paiva just did, he is going to be a difficult fight with that reach and striking.

chito would never take that rematch, hes lucky he got a freak injury win

would have got the brakes beaten off him

I'm not mad at him about that at all. He's playing it smart as he should. Doing so though, he has to understand that some of us won't take him seriously until he actually fights somebody worthwhile. The kid's style is exciting though...

I agree. I can't remember a fighter where the UFC has handled it like they have with him. He keeps winning and does have some hype but he continues to fight guys most have never heard of.
Dana white just a few days ago said O'Malley is not like Khamzat, he is not ready to be thrown into a firepit. This is a deliberate plan to keep generating cash as long as possible. Dana needs american brash stars.

Back