Yolog

LZD

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Starting 'stats':

m/25/188cm/91kg (that's 6'2/200lbs for y'all up north)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longterm Goals/Priorities:

- Get as strong as possible in the major barbell lifts.
- Niche: Improve grip strength (I suffered a broken thumb which has hampered my deadlift progress)
- Posture.
- 90kgs @ around 10% bodyfat.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Records
Squat: 150 x 1
Bench: 95 x 1
Deadlift: 182.5 x 1
Press: 62.5 x 1
BOR:
Chin-up: +15 @ 90kg

Diet
I am trying to "bulk" on a clean diet. Not a clean bulk. ie, fat will be incurred. I don't eat junk food or sugary shit. I eat almost the same thing every day.

- Pasta + Chicken or Tuna + Salad (always spinach+tomato+carrot, plus any number of the following: cucumber, celery, capsicum, avocado, cheese) - I make a huge serving which comprises 4-5 meals throughout the day.

- A dinner of meat and vegetables (stirfry, steak and veg, chops and veg etc etc)

- I drink a shitload of milk throughout the day. Including a protein shake of 500ml, whey, banana, and blueberries/strawberries/rasberries.

- Snacks are almonds and probably an apple every second day. Sometimes cheese if its in the fridge.

- Lots of water.

- Take-out for a cheat meal 1-2 times per week. Usually Burger and fries.

Last edited:
25/1, 2013:

I got back from a trip overseas yesterday. I slept 5 hours before my flight home, did an all nighter on my flight (a 7 hr flight, 5 hour stop over, then another 14 hour flight....so, 26 hours...LOL). I slept 5 hours when I got home, waking up at 5am.... So. Yeah. Jet-lag from Europe to Australia sucks. Kept lifting hella conservative.

Warm-up
Skipping. SMR upper back, hips. Glute bridge / hip stretch - 3 x 10s. Push-ups / Pex Stretch - 3 x 10

Squat
20 x 5
60 x 5
80 x 5 x 5

Bench
20 x 5
40 x 5
50 x 5
60 x 5 x 5

BOR
20 x 5
50 x 5 x 5

Facepull 3 x 20, superset with pec stretch.
Plank (front and side) 30 seconds, superset with hip stretch.

Notes:
- Body was cramping thanks to being cramped on my flight. I am too tall/fat to fly economy but too poor not to...
- Coulda hit 5x10 on all my sets lolz

Dat jetlag! :D

I got in last night at midnight, couldn't sleep at all.

Good luck with the training!

Dat jetlag! :D

I got in last night at midnight, couldn't sleep at all.

Good luck with the training!
Thank you. It is utterly brutal. I slept 12 hours though so I'm back on track.

You have finally achieved the weight of a full-grown man. Congratulations, sir.

You have finally achieved the weight of a full-grown man. Congratulations, sir.
Thank-you. I started needing to shave every now and then too!

Where you at teddy?! Haven't seen you around here for a while.

25/1

Later that day I did some exercise with a friend. Some circuit he was doing. Involved a lot of planks, side planks, push-ups, jumps, burpees. Haven't been able to train the last few days. Public holiday here in Aus. Editing diet into post #1.

28/1, 2013:

Futsal - 40 minutes. 3-2 (Win)

Intense game. Bit of rough and tumble. Almost broke into a brawl a couple of times. Someone tried to bump me through the concrete wall at the side of the pitch. Lol.

29/1, 2013:

Fuck me my hips and legs are sore from soccer. Especially my inner thighs and groin area. I think it negatively impacted my lifting today. Things felt heavy where they'd fly up like a joke prior to my holiday. So I backed off on my squat and press and have decided to run some LP for a month or so until it stalls out.

Warm-up
SMR - thoracic, lower body (fucking painful!). SLGB, push-ups, stretched hips and pecs.

Squat
20 x 5
40 x 5
60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5 (reps were slow, backed off)
80 x 5, 3 sets.

Press
20 x 5
30 x 5
40 x 5, 2 sets.
35 x 5, 3 sets.

Deadlift
60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5

Chin-ups
BW x 4, 3 sets.

All of this was a joke and darn easy. But it didn't feel good. I'll be in the swing of things soon.

31/1, 2014:

Warm-up
SMR - thoracic, lower. Pushups, SLGB, stretched hips/pecs.

Squat
90 x 5 x 5

Bench
62.5 x 5 x 5

BOR
60 x 5 x 5

Chin-ups
BW x 5 x 3

Easy day. Strength is coming back. 90 felt easier than 80 did two days ago. All weights are flying up like nothing. Still, I will keep working my way up somewhat slowly. (I realise a 10kg jump on 5x5 isn't "slow")

Experimented with row form. Ended up doing something like a "Yates Row". Which to my knowledge is a normal Bent Over Row where the upper body is not parallel, but more upright. This made it a lot easier to keep an arch. Hope this is cool?

4/2, 2014:

Warm-up: SMR, some stretching

Squat
20 x 5
40 x 3
60 x 3
80 x 3
95 x 5 x 5

Press
20 x 5
30 x 5
40 x 5 x 5

Deadlift
60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5

Facepull supset with pec stretch
3 x 20

- stretched hips 60s ea.

Stat wise, we are the same person, with the same 1RM's.

Fuck you.

I forget how big you are.

Good luck with all your non bench goals.

Stat wise, we are the same person, with the same 1RM's.

Fuck you.
Sorry to impinge upon your uniqueness!

I forget how big you are.

Good luck with all your non bench goals.
Thank-you, Jaunty. Yes. I am fat. Thank-you for pointing that out. I am planning a cut later this year, for next beach season down-unda.

9/2, 2014:

Futsal - 40 minutes

Solid win. But fuck me. It was 43 degrees in the shade, and much hotter on the pitch--the thing has a metalic roof.

I also forgot to log another game the previous week when it was 47 degrees celsius...

General Notes:
I was camping for 5 days. Hence the lack of lifting/logging. I won't be going anywhere for ages so my training consistency will up itself. I never skip sessions, only when I'm out of town.

10/2, 2014:

Warm-up: SMR, stretched hips/glutes/chest

-weight/reps/sets-

Squat
20 x 8
40 x 3
60 x 3
80 x 3
100 x 5 x 5

Bench
20 x 8
40 x 3
50 x 3
60 x 3
70 x 5 x 5

Pendlay Row
20 x 8
40 x 3
65 x 5 x 5

Assistance
Facepulls - 60 x 20 x 3 / pec stretch - 10sec
BB Curl - 30 x 6 x 3 / hip stretch - 15sec
Plate pinch holds - 10s x 15sec, 15s x 15 sec

Notes:
- everything felt good. Assistance work is all done very quickly, no rests at all, just supersetting the sets with stretches.
- I need to work on grip strength. Both thumbs are weak on the holds, especially since I broke the right one, lol.

Thank-you, Jaunty. Yes. I am fat. Thank-you for pointing that out. I am planning a cut later this year, for next beach season down-unda.

Hey, I'm weighing the same as you while being 5cm shorter.
BUt this years Pre-Beach-Routine will be way better than last years :D

- I need to work on grip strength. Both thumbs are weak on the holds, especially since I broke the right one, lol.

What do you plan on doing exercise wise?
Amongst other things I have some trouble with my thumbs, too.

Hey, I'm weighing the same as you while being 5cm shorter.
BUt this years Pre-Beach-Routine will be way better than last years :D
Being shorter just means you must be far more ripped given that you are way stronger than me!

What do you plan on doing exercise wise?
Amongst other things I have some trouble with my thumbs, too.
I'm not really sure. I guess the combination of heavy deadlifts, rows and chins already work the grip a lot (mostly "support grip"). And the addition of heavy hammer curls, plate pinches, and making my own wrist roller should do a lot. Apart from that I'd need to buy CoC grippers, and work extensors with elastic bands. But I'm not sure how likely I am to do those last two.

I really only care about grip for deadlifting and not having a weak injured thumb. Lol.

I'm not really sure. I guess the combination of heavy deadlifts, rows and chins already work the grip a lot (mostly "support grip"). And the addition of heavy hammer curls, plate pinches, and making my own wrist roller should do a lot. Apart from that I'd need to buy CoC grippers, and work extensors with elastic bands. But I'm not sure how likely I am to do those last two.

I really only care about grip for deadlifting and not having a weak injured thumb. Lol.

I've planned adding Wrist roller, towel pullups and extensor stuff, too.
Plate curls/pinches are worth trying I gues and the only thing I'm buying in the next time will be some Fat Grips/Grip4orce.

Apart from deadlifting, I need to do some work for BJJ, and my wrist are ridcoulusly small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back