You Ever Forget Race Exists?

I'm pretty tired of labeling and grouping people by colours.

I can't stand hearing "white guy" or "black guy" or even "Latino". Every time the media mentions this, I think it helps to encourage divide. Phrases like "the black community" - do all dark skinned people live together? Are they all the same?

I can't help but think that this labeling of people only encourages us to think that people are different because of their son colour.

Not the same thing but it irks me when people label "Asia" as one. It's a huge geographical area that includes parts of Russia, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Japan, Iran, India, etc. I don't know how you can generalize all of those places.

Not the same thing but it irks me when people label "Asia" as one. It's a huge geographical area that includes parts of Russia, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Japan, Iran, India, etc. I don't know how you can generalize all of those places.
that's too many shit hole countries to remember can't we just say people of color give you a month and call it a day?

I don't really dwell on it myself, but everybody brings it up constantly in this country.

America; the dishonest custodian of the melting pot.

So do people of the same race. I'd argue people notice how short I am before they even notice my skin color.

I imagine you could conduct a study and figure out how the replies differ by the race of the participants asked.

Furthermore, I never said race would be the first thing people notice about someone. Just that it's impossible not to notice. You're not just going to see a black guy and never realize in your interaction that he's a black guy.

For reals though I notice race when I go out all the time. In one part of town their are a bunch of Indians working for tech companies speaking hindi and wearing terribly styled clothing which tells me they are recent immigrants and might only be here temporarily because they get dicked around by the companies with their contracts. Essentially they are only here to undercut the local workforce because they can be fired and sent back to India at a moments notice.

Then their are bunches of Asians and I only see them in groups of like 5+ and studying together. They speak to each other in Korean and the only time I hear them speak English is when a girl instigates it to humiliate a guy in her group to someone outside of their group which starts a fight in perfect English with only a slight accent.

Then their are my Indian friends (dot) who were born here and since it became politically incorrect to be racist they redirected their racism towards blacks and Mexicans towards white people in this sort of self imposed set of limitations of things they refuse to try because it is "white people shit," while they coopt Black culture as their own who they are more racist against than white people I know. While the white people I know are openly racist and will not shut the fuck up about how White people got the short end of the stick.

I grew up an accepted white boy in a black town. I always see race, not in a negative way. But I always see it. My best friend is Korean since I’m 5. He was “egg roll” and I was white boy.

Despite race being a constant topic these days in media, the Internet, politics and in daily life, I sometimes forget I have a race.

I'm Indian (dot not feather), but was born and raised in the US. I grew up in New York City but currently go to school in rural Ohio of all places. And even though I'm usually the only colored person in any given situation, I often times forget that I'm brown and everyone around me is white. Perhaps it's because my own personal interactions tend not to involve race, I can forget it exists.

I'm NOT saying this to seem holier than thou. It's just something I wanted to see if other people felt. To be honest, it's freeing to forget about such an pointless characteristic.
You are violating a sacred cow here. You're not supposed to disassociate yourself from race because racism keeps a contingent of the the left that is becoming increasingly Marxist in business. Eliminate racism, and those people are out of business.

Nah. I always see race. Not because I'm one of those black dudes who has to point out how racist every white person I encounter is. It's more for self awareness. Just have to keep myself guarded at times because the minute you become the "carefree Negro", you are going to get a n**** wake up call real quick. LOL

I do think most of the issues in our country are not because of race but the culture we are a part of. I remember reading a story about how inner city Detroit kids and suburban kids would become roommates at Michigan State University. Most of them would get along pretty well and had similar taste in music and movies. However, when it came to social and political issues the two groups would tend to butt heads but most would remain friends. So it wasn't so much they didn't see 'race' it was that they most were able to move past it and form friendships.

No?

People literally have distinct skin colors and facial characteristics.

No one, other than blind people, simply "forget" that race exists.
Skin color is only skin deep.

"Race" is a complex concept because one "race" can include a broad range of different DNA sequences. Your genetic makeup could include many different races. Supposedly, we all share common ancestry that goes back to the African continent, right?

Haha, forget.

Let's put it like this. There are times where you can not worry about it like hanging out with close friends, but I never "forget it exists".

It's like how you don't think about having a nose but it's always in your vision, being punched one good time will bring you back to reality.

If I'm parked in a white neighborhood for too long, waiting to pick someone up I become hyper aware again. There are at least 3 neighbors watching through their blinds at any given time.

I completely understand what you're talking about. It's not so much that you are just being paranoid it's that you know something could go down at anytime. All it takes is one busy body white woman to say "there's a "suspicious" man sitting in a car outside" and you got Johnny Law tapping on your window 5 minutes later.

Skin color is only skin deep.

"Race" is a complex concept because one "race" can include a broad range of different DNA sequences. Your genetic makeup could include many different races. Supposedly, we all share common ancestry that goes back to the African continent, right?

I think race, as the vast majority of people observe, is pretty simple.

White (Western European Heritage, includes White Hispanic)
Native American/Indigenous Peoples
Black (Western/Subsaharan African)
Non-White Hispanic
Middle-Eastern
South Asian
East Asian
Polynesian

Those groups are all easily recognized on site. The only ones who seem to get confused are Middle Eastern (which is only now becoming an official designation in the US) and South Asian.

Genetically, of course there is complexity, but this weird idea that race isn't noticeable or "real" is pretty absurd. If I showed you ten people of different races, you'd probably know what each of them are. Even with albinos thrown in. Just because we all originated in Africa doesn't mean we all look African.

I completely understand what you're talking about. It's not so much that you are just being paranoid it's that you know something could go down at anytime. All it takes is one busy body white woman to say "there's a "suspicious" man sitting in a car outside" and you got Johnny Law tapping on your window 5 minutes later.
In my experience black people and Mexicans are the ones that bring up the idea of race up less than anyone else unless they are in the midst of experiencing being singled out because of race in which case they will bring it up.

I try but that fucker Don Lemon keeps reminding me it exists.

Last edited:
Prime Harley Race prolly kicks all of our asses.

So in that regard, hell no.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what's on my mind if I happen to stub my toe the N word is coming out and it's going to be loud.

Not really. Old white people give me funny/angry looks too often to forget.

I think race, as the vast majority of people observe, is pretty simple.

White (Western European Heritage, includes White Hispanic)
Native American/Indigenous Peoples
Black (Western/Subsaharan African)
Non-White Hispanic
Middle-Eastern
South Asian
East Asian
Polynesian

Those groups are all easily recognized on site. The only ones who seem to get confused are Middle Eastern (which is only now becoming an official designation in the US) and South Asian.

Genetically, of course there is complexity, but this weird idea that race isn't noticeable or "real" is pretty absurd. If I showed you ten people of different races, you'd probably know what each of them are. Even with albinos thrown in. Just because we all originated in Africa doesn't mean we all look African.
There is a lot of mixed DNA out there though, and I think my point is that while our genetic differences may be easily recognizable they are often not as important as we make them out to be. That was kind of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s message.

There is a lot of mixed DNA out there though, and I think my point is that while our genetic differences may be easily recognizable they are often not as important as we make them out to be. That was kind of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s message.

I never implied that race was important, bud. I just simple said it was hard to miss.

Back