You gotta be kidding me...Rhadi cut from tuf 12...??

JAMIE YAGER is on tuf this season, he won the iron ring; odd coincidence...

27812.gif

He's definitely gonna win the show brah.

Last edited:
I guess they don't want a slow BJJ match on the ground. They want fast submissions and a lot of entertainment.

So surprise, surprise - they might not choose the best fighters, but the most exciting fighters and the loudest/most different personalities.

They are increasingly catering to the people who have no understanding of it, don't train it but just like to watch it and wear the t-shirt.

I spoke to a (nice) guy on the weekend who had no idea of BJJ or judo (kept explaining how impressed he was with the kicks 'n stuff) but who enjoyed watching UFC on pay tv and was especially impressed with "all the blood" which you don't see in boxing so much.... No idea of what's going on - but he watches it...

"looked tired" ? ... *sigh* well, live and learn, I guess.

its a shame but UFC is getting that way these days....

every time a fight hits the ground you start to hear idiots in the stands start boo'ing. even worse now the refs are starting to play into it and are standing peeps up WAY too early...

That one BJJ guy had a preeeetttttty effective deep half guard on the TUF premiere. I can see why the UFC is so stoked on grapplers after experiences as great as that one!

Oh man, just read Rhadi's explanation of how it went down and fuck me if that isn't ridiculous.

Shows how much Dana and company realy know about grappling. Rhadi would have most likely raped any of those dudes trying out had he actually been inclined to do so. It's realy retarded to be let go for such an utterly stupid reason.

its a shame but UFC is getting that way these days....

every time a fight hits the ground you start to hear idiots in the stands start boo'ing. even worse now the refs are starting to play into it and are standing peeps up WAY too early...

This is why I like watching fights that are hosted in Japan. They stay quite and cheer during or after exchanges whether they be on the ground or standing. They just seem to understand and appreciate all aspects of MMA and K-1 so much more and show their appreciation 10 fold to what the US does.... Whether it be on the ground or standing If you fight hard the Japanese will want to see you fight again.

You couldn't tell that that was a joke? For real.

That's "the black dude" off of the tv show "My name is Earl."

You couldn't tell that that was a joke? For real.

That's "the black dude" off of the tv show "My name is Earl."

I figured it was but I have never watched "My name is Earl". Sorry... :redface:

Most MMA fans that I know and that post on these boards have a problem with the boring almost robotic sequence of immediate take down, smother and keep top control at all costs, and get a few ground and pound shots in so you don't get stood up. Winning the decision is the goal of this strategy but if you are competely superior physically and/or in technique you may get a stop here and there. Hughes, GSP ( post Serra), Linland, ect. have all been accused of this. This strategy is great for winning and if I were in their shoes I may do the same thing.

However, that doesn't mean that the fans want to pay to see it. That kind of strategy is a big part of why boxing is/was slowly fading. A lot of the best boxers in the world go into the ring with the idea of having great defense and landing enough shots (with or without power behind them) to win the decision. While they are brillant with their technique, that still doesn't mean people want to watch it.

Money fuels the sport. If people stop paying to watch MMA because it's not exciting anymore, then there would be no more chances to watch the likes at GSP, Hughes, etc. I'll take Kimbo and all of the other pathetic fighters being on a crappy reality show if that's what it takes to make the money to employ the best fighters in the world.

this is a sport not entertainment. you watch it to see who wins not to see spectacular stuff, go watch WWE if that is your ticket. we don't need "fans" that doesn't get that

If GSP/Hughes et al can get you down and win like that you better train your ass of more to not have that happen.

guys in guard rarely try anything anymore, just hold on for the stand up which is ridicilous. you are in an inferior position get out!

this is a sport not entertainment. you watch it to see who wins not to see spectacular stuff, go watch WWE if that is your ticket. we don't need "fans" that doesn't get that

If GSP/Hughes et al can get you down and win like that you better train your ass of more to not have that happen.

guys in guard rarely try anything anymore, just hold on for the stand up which is ridicilous. you are in an inferior position get out!

This. It's pitiful that when people lose a fight they will point to their opponent and say "but he wouldn't let me do stuff!"

And then you've got the fans who are just as bad. "Dan Hardy would have totally KTFO George but GSP didn't let him! WTF"

I'm sick to my fucking stomach hearing this. Just completely fucking disgusted.

Once again the UFC's loss will be Strikeforce's gain.

Actually, you are just plane wrong. You do need those fans. I hate the fans that don't understand the ground game as well, but us "hardcore" fans don't make up the majority of the viewers. Any MMA org is in the business of sports. If they aren't making money then they don't exist and we couldn't watch any of these athletes compete.

Actually, you are just plane wrong. You do need those fans. I hate the fans that don't understand the ground game as well, but us "hardcore" fans don't make up the majority of the viewers. Any MMA org is in the business of sports. If they aren't making money then they don't exist and we couldn't watch any of these athletes compete.

True for the UFC but the UFC isn't the only org.

if the development goes towards even more ultimate boxing I won't watch anymore. it will be a fake sport by then

True for the UFC but the UFC isn't the only org.

if the development goes towards even more ultimate boxing I won't watch anymore. it will be a fake sport by then

What org isn't trying to make money? The UFC makes the most, but that doesn't mean the others aren't trying.

As much as many of us love and respect Rhadi...he would not have made it in the UFC.

Back