You gotta be kidding me...Rhadi cut from tuf 12...??

Uh yea, cuase Rhadi is just a bum compared to all those other tough guys with the blue and red mohawks on TUF....

Rhadi is a worldclass athlete and grappler. He could do pretty good if his he gets his striking up to par.

Yes I know he's getting up there and has bad knees, but he would not do it if he didn't think he was still capable.

Hey, no complaints here. I thought I'd just let you all know what happened from the "horses mouth."

I'm back in the gym. Had 4 training sessions yesterday.

1. 30 Minute run in the morning
2. Light boxing (sparring) session
3. Grappling at Pablo Popovitch's school (with some studs!!)
4. Padwork at ATT, light technical sparring with Liborio, and footlock and triangle defense with Libo (90minutes).

The bottom line is this. I've got more work to do and I have to get back to work.

The Ultimate Fighter tryout was just that... a tryout. I have no complaints. I didn't make it. I was shocked at the time, somewhat embarrassed, but I understood the decision. Man, I have an Olympic Ring sitting in dresser drawer and a leather Olympic jacket hanging in my closet.... I'm okay :D

Hey, no complaints here. I thought I'd just let you all know what happened from the "horses mouth."

4. Padwork at ATT, light technical sparring with Liborio, and footlock and triangle defense with Libo (90minutes).

The bottom line is this. I've got more work to do and I have to get back to work.

The Ultimate Fighter tryout was just that... a tryout. I have no complaints. I didn't make it. I was shocked at the time, somewhat embarrassed, but I understood the decision. Man, I have an Olympic Ring sitting in dresser drawer and a leather Olympic jacket hanging in my closet.... I'm okay :D

awesome to have you on the forums!

I think rhadi would be good in japan , he doesnt have the "extreme" kinda personality that most ufc tuf guys come in with .

rhadi's a bad ass and a great guy i sent him a messege to him on youtube asking about stuff and we had a convo and he gave me pointers on my morote gari !

And a legion of fans that support you!

I recently watched your video about the four pillars of human movement. Great stuff.

Allow me to take my hat off and bow to you sir. It is an honor to have you on these forums and i look forward to learning all that i can from you.

335px-Wenceslas_Hollar_-_The_bowing_gentleman_(State_2).jpg

^^^^
Gay.

Our sport is really going to die if this keeps on. Every time I read another thread about how GSP is "afraid" and "all he can do" is grapple...I shudder. I honestly don't know what people want. Well, I've got a guess:

They want tough man with tiny cool gloves, but also with some cool knees and kicks, occasionally a slam, ground and pound only if it is viscious and fight ending. Submissions only if they are brutal/flying. They'd like to see guys ricochet back up to their feet if nothing happens in ten seconds. Perhaps most of all, they'd like to believe that this is real fighting, this canned scenario which encourages "excitement".

The saddest thing to me is that these guys who feel this way, are so pathetic and have such a poor understanding and attention span, that if you show them to K-1 or professional boxing they'd rather see Leben/Quarry or something because when the standup becomes technical and clean, it is no longer "exciting".

I'm gonna vomit now.

Agreed. This is truer for newer fans of the sport. I love the ground aspect just as much as the striking. As Renzo said recently, " BJJ is the backbone of MMA", and this is true.

Everything about this is surprising..

... Especially the fact that DW didn't know who he was.

why would Dana know who he is?
Unless you are into judo or submission grappling circuit, most people don't know who he is. Even guys who are into grappling circuit, you have to know your fighters to know who Rhadi is.. he hasn't been competing regularly for awhile.
and I doubt Dana pays that close attention to the grappling circuit.

Back