You sound poor...

Morality is becoming more scarce every day as our society turn to crap. In many places and situations it's even become a liability. Might as well be practical and take the money.

Money and morals

Having no money leads to you compromising your morality more often than being rich does.

Take away law and punishment and morals become nothing but fairy tales.

So take the cash.
But you'd still wouldn't want people robbing you, lying to you, hurting you, etc., so are they really nothing but fairy tales?

A recent thread and my thoughts on it leads me to believe money, even though I'd like to think morals...

Morals, being as subjective as they are like the poster above me noted, led people here to think less of a rapper from new york who ratted out his former associates. My initial thought was this: If it was between being locked up without my partner or son for a decade or two and loyalty to a bunch of friends, or especially in his case, ex-friends who turned on him... I'd drop that dime so fast and hard the prosecutors head would spin around like the girl from the exorcist.

Don't fool yourself, you would too...

The fact is that if it meant providing for my family or not losing them, I'd legit piss all over what most people consider moral if that's what needed to happen.

So, yeah... Money.

It is what it is...

I think you're espousing a morality there. That staying with and providing for your family is more important than loyalty with friends. That it is the right thing to do?

I've turned down a number of opportunities that would have made me some serious money over time because I didn't believe the projects to be morally justified.

Morals don't keep you warm at night or feed the kids but I do have people who will help me if I need it and who know I've got their back.

We all make mistakes though, I keep telling myself that.

I would love to have no morals. I have some definite faults, and am no angel, but no morals means no guilt so I wouldn't care. So showmethemoneytomcruise.gif

It may be difficult for you to fathom TS, but it is possible to have both.

I always heard that the truth will set you free. I find it just gets me in trouble and treated like a freak.
It's about context.
If you just murdered someone and tell the police the truth you will get your freedom taken away but if you regret it bitterly telling the police might release some burden off your soul.

Morality is becoming more scarce every day as our society turn to crap. In many places and situations it's even become a liability. Might as well be practical and take the money.

The illusion of morality......... consequences guide morality, take them away and you see a rapid decline in morality in your average human.

Most humans are short sighted little monkeys, running around fucking each other over........

Morals and it isn't close.
The world is full of real examples of the karma that comes with acting completely without morality.
Popular entertainment as well, Breaking Bad, the Shield, The Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, ...basically every
Think of it mathematically, if you act morally, only some of the immoral people will target you, while everyone (eventually) will work against the immoral (rich or not) man: other immoral people because that's what they do to everyone, law enforcement in all it's myriad forms, and those with morality also by their nature.

Probably morals. I'd hate to be a rich dude who is evil and otherwise has no values. So if I had no morals, I'd okay child trafficking for money? I wouldn't want that.

Unfortunately though, the real world seems to value money a hell of a lot than morals.

The illusion of morality......... consequences guide morality, take them away and you see a rapid decline in morality in your average human.

Most humans are short sighted little monkeys, running around fucking each other over........
This is very cynical, but not universally true. (yes, I see "average" in your post)
I've always had a problem with organized religion in the non-believers fate side of things. How can God condemn a "good" person, someone who lives a life that in every aspect aside from believe in a being that by virtue of where they were born, the language they speak, or their culture, they were never even aware of?
Is it better to be good and not steal/rape/kill because you believe it wrong and reprehensible, or to adhere to rules only because you fear punishment?
Practically, on the earthly plane, I think people behave well far more often because they are so inclined, because honestly, more times than not you can get away with a great deal without getting caught.

Anyone saying morals and no money is a liar.

Morals are also subjective.
Turns out you don't speak for everyone lmao. Been doing morals and no money most of my life. And I'm pretty goddamn proud of who I am.

This is very cynical, but not universally true. (yes, I see "average" in your post)
I've always had a problem with organized religion in the non-believers fate side of things. How can God condemn a "good" person, someone who lives a life that in every aspect aside from believe in a being that by virtue of where they were born, the language they speak, or their culture, they were never even aware of?
Is it better to be good and not steal/rape/kill because you believe it wrong and reprehensible, or to adhere to rules only because you fear punishment?
Practically, on the earthly plane, I think people behave well far more often because they are so inclined, because honestly, more times than not you can get away with a great deal without getting caught.

The majority of people are sheep and will follow acts of atrocity.......

Bingo. If you want to know the measure of a man, observe what he does when no-one is watching.

Back