You think Amazon is pushing you to get Prime by delaying shipping?

I don't have Amazon Prime and it seems like they take around 5 or so days to finally ship an item after you order it. Whenever they do ship it, I get it the next day.
I'm thinking they're doing this on purpose so you'll join Amazon Prime.
Doesn't matter. Prime is no longer a 2-day guarantee.

The most plausible excuse is that they are growing by leaps and bounds. Virtually everyone uses it. I'm guessing that's why UPS isn't their sole shipping provider anymore. They are shipping for nearly every small and major manufacturer of products in the western world.

To be honest, if you don’t have Prime, that means you’re poor.

Im an amazon driver. Its a pretty good job. I enjoy it. I hide packages really well when i deliver so they dont get stolen. Everyone is always really happy to see me. Plus im running all day long, so i have a never ending runners high.

It’s not that they’re intentionally delaying it; your order is just lower priority than prime members. You pay to skip the line. Also, Amazon prime is so much value it’s not worth holding out. Most things are cheaper on amazon, and when you don’t pay delivery the savings pile up. Not to mention the convenience.

PS: I’m not a paid schill; I’m an unpaid schill.

When you already pay for netflix and cable and spotify it seems pretty useless, especially when their CEO is a dildo and they have horrible labor practices.

Get cooler family members. My parents pay for netflix, my wife and i pay for hulu, and my bro pays hbo and we all share accounts. Everyone has their own prime tho cuz its worth it.

I order shit on Amazon several times a month. The $99/year pays for itself in like two months so I don't feel your struggle. My shit always arrives in two days unless FedEx has it, then I almost never get my shit.

I hate FedEx.

Get cooler family members. My parents pay for netflix, my wife and i pay for hulu, and my bro pays hbo and we all share accounts. Everyone has their own prime tho cuz its worth it.
When I say "I pay" I pay for Spotify and use family cable and friend netflix. We all have solo Prime. Can't I just use theirs for sharing too if I need something quick that twice a year off Amazon where I need it overnight or have an odd hankering for some proprietary show/documentary?

I order shit on Amazon several times a month. The $99/year pays for itself in like two months so I don't feel your struggle. My shit always arrives in two days unless FedEx has it, then I almost never get my shit.

I hate FedEx.
Fedex is always solid for me. It's the ontrac/amazon 3rd party bullshit that always sucked.

XEwUaka.jpg

Fedex is always solid for me. It's the ontrac/amazon 3rd party bullshit that always sucked.
I live rural and our UPS and ontrac drivers are awesome. FedEx keeps saying they tried to deliver but were refused even when nobody came within a mile of my house(the distance from the road to my door). They even sometimes say they attempted several times and are now leaving it at the post office and then leave it in SD, 2 hours away.

I live rural and our UPS and ontrac drivers are awesome. FedEx keeps saying they tried to deliver but were refused even when nobody came within a mile of my house(the distance from the road to my door). They even sometimes say they attempted several times and are now leaving it at the post office and then leave it in SD, 2 hours away.
Ahh I'm urban and it's the opposite. Where I've been working feet from my front door all day and no delivery attempt by Amazon/OnTrac person, but never missed a Fedex and UPS is about 99%. SD meaning? Literally 2 hours? Seems like a very local problem.

In my experience they don't.

I live in London, so a pretty easy area to deliver too. Most of the time I choose the free 3-5 day option, and stuff arrives within 1-2. They even deliver on weekends for no extra charge. I'm pretty sure everything is just stuck on the next van going my way, which are very regular due to my location.

I'm about to quit Prime. I used to order a lot of shit off their, but lately I've come to terms with most of it being low grade trash and them hoping you won't return/complain. Not worth my time and haven't watched a single minute of "Prime Video"

What about birthday gifts? If I didn't have Prime, I think we'd spend well over $150 in shipping fees alone for birthday gifts.

You're looking at it the wrong way. They don't specifically go out of their way to make YOUR shit take longer. They go specifically out of their way to make Prime members shit move faster.

This is most likely the case. The Prime orders take priority. That's what we pay for.

I have no complaints about amazon or prime, it's fast and usually the cheapest. Also in my experience, you get a free refund without having to send the items back, about, I'm guesstimating, 20% of the time.

What about birthday gifts? If I didn't have Prime, I think we'd spend well over $150 in shipping fees alone for birthday gifts.
I don't buy many gifts, what makes Prime so great for gifts? Scheduling exact bday delivery?

Some of you haven't been paying attention. At least half the Prime items these days don't come with 2 day shipping. I've waited over a week for Prime items to arrive. It's gotten to the point it's not worth the money any more.

I don't buy many gifts, what makes Prime so great for gifts? Scheduling exact bday delivery?

It's not the fast shipping that sells it for me, it's the FREE shipping. Between the wife and I, we have 12 nieces and nephews. None of the nieces and nephews live very close, so we ship every birthday gift. We do get together with 7 of the 12 for Xmas, but we are shipping another 5 on Xmas. The shipping cost without Prime would be more than the Prime membership itself.

Even with Prime deliveries don't always make it in 2 days despite their guarantee. Customer Service will throw you a "Yeah, and...?" but do fuck-all about it.

Back