You Tube algorithm - How strong is it?

I get it. Taking as close a look at yourself as you are at youtube can be difficult.

Is this an attempt at trying to get a rise out of me? sorry buddy.. you lose...

Bumpmapping is throwing it for a loop.. been checking for 10 minutes now.. checking still running.. edit - - Claimed after about 20 minutes of copyright checking..
bumpmapping.JPG

Something in Bump mapping made the algor have to check for quite a while, the others have all been claimed pretty much instantly.

Last edited:
Embossed Bump .. Claimed instantly
emboss bump.JPG

Could it be that the algorithm is simply on to you specifically since you’re trying the same clip over and over just with variations? As opposed to 20 different users trying 20 different variations?

Reversed clip instantly claimed.
reversed.JPG

Could it be that the algorithm is simply on to you specifically since you’re trying the same clip over and over just with variations? As opposed to 20 different users trying 20 different variations?

Maybe.. I will try other clips at some point.. nothing to say it would be... how would a algorithm know? would it step up its fight? learn? be aware? that is why Im doing this .. to see how smart it is..

Some of my content on my youtube channel is Bass Guitar Covers/Playthroughs etc where i play along to the Original track: I noticed that if i DONT put "Cover/Tutorial/Playthrough" etc it will get flagged as a "BLOCKED" .... but if I use those words in the title, description and keywords im "Allowed but all Monetization is paid to the copyright holder"

Sometimes, for entertainment purposes ill cut in an original video clip in a small corner of a cover video from the source and its fine, but sometimes it gets relentlessly flagged by youtube (for the video clip not the song).

Example: i cut in video clips of Salma Hayaks sexy snake dance in a small clip in the corner of the video to a bass cover and it was fine ()

but i tried the same thing jamming to the LIVE performance of Eryka Badu on Chappelles Show and it didnt let me cut in ANY video of the show. (I had to blur and ghost it as a backdrop instead) .... the audio was perfrctly allowed okay tho. ()

I recently did a couple of videos where i completely reproduce a song from the ground up using various instruments but get ZERO flags example: () which is interesting because ive put videos of LIVE performances of covers with a band that get flagged....

A couple songs ive done get BLOCKED but only in North Korea and Iran.....which i find funny.....lol

The Algorith stuff is an interesting thing and i feel like im always surprised by it. Sorry for the long post....

Some of my content on my youtube channel is Bass Guitar Covers/Playthroughs etc where i play along to the Original track: I noticed that if i DONT put "Cover/Tutorial/Playthrough" etc it will get flagged as a "BLOCKED" .... but if I use those words in the title, description and keywords im "Allowed but all Monetization is paid to the copyright holder"

Sometimes, for entertainment purposes ill cut in an original video clip in a small corner of a cover video from the source and its fine, but sometimes it gets relentlessly flagged by youtube (for the video clip not the song).

Example: i cut in video clips of Salma Hayaks sexy snake dance in a small clip in the corner of the video to a bass cover and it was fine ()

but i tried the same thing jamming to the LIVE performance of Eryka Badu on Chappelles Show and it didnt let me cut in ANY video of the show. (I had to blur and ghost it as a backdrop instead) .... the audio was perfrctly allowed okay tho. ()

I recently did a couple of videos where i completely reproduce a song from the ground up using various instruments but get ZERO flags example: () which is interesting because ive put videos of LIVE performances of covers with a band that get flagged....

A couple songs ive done get BLOCKED but only in North Korea and Iran.....which i find funny.....lol

The Algorith stuff is an interesting thing and i feel like im always surprised by it. Sorry for the long post....

Thats interesting info .. my clips im using have zero text and are all set to private..

Will have a look through your stuff when Im done here..

Neon .. Instant Claim ..
neon.JPG

Now this one has surprised me.. liquid distortion, like looking through a fish tank, moving water..
Claimed instantly no checking..

Also using different you tube account (I have ten) to get around the same clip thing..
liquid.JPG

Bulge Claimed instantly
bulge.JPG

Chromatic Aberration

Instantly claimed.

chrome.JPG

Tiled Not claimed..

tiled.JPG

Displacement warp - moving in the timeline..
Claimed instantly displacement warp.JPG

Lens Flares.. didnt get claimed..

Interesting..

lens flares.JPG

Back