You turn the tap on & there is no more water, for weeks or more.

You wake up tomorrow and go to have a shower, or fill the kettle up for a drink, and there is no water.
You use the toilet, flush it, and of course it doesn't refill with water.

Over the next couple of hours you realize your neighbours are in the same boat.
The politician on the tv says it'll be fixed by the end of the day or early tomorrow, but that doesn't happen.

You drive down to the supermarket to get a few bottles of water and you find everyone else is doing the same thing. The supermarkets eventually run out of water.

Tomorrow comes and the water isn't back on.
Eventually a week goes by.
How do you dispose of the urine and poo? Maybe you don't live alone and you have a family, which makes that particular problem worse.

After two weeks there is no more electricity at home, or at work. The problem of no water and electricity is now nationwide! This has lots of side-effects for society.

The government says it doesn't know when things will get back to normal.
What do you do, how do you cope? Try to find a virgin and sacrifice her?
Americans have no taps, toilets, kettles, or poo.

I got spooked with Covid years ago so had a massive vault of water which disappear when our water provider fucked up.

I will end up fine, I'm pretty nifty.

Just kill myself. I guzzle down water like mad plus love my soda stream. I can’t be without water. Nevermind the stank I’d rack up on my period.

<{1-17}>

I head for the family property that has three ponds and plenty of fish and deer..I immediately dig an build an outhouse, and organize weapons and ammo…

You wake up tomorrow and go to have a shower, or fill the kettle up for a drink, and there is no water.

The politician on the tv says it'll be fixed by the end of the day or early tomorrow, but that doesn't happen.

You drive down to the supermarket to get a few bottles of water and you find everyone else is doing the same thing. The supermarkets eventually run out of water.

How do you dispose of the urine and poo? Maybe you don't live alone and you have a family, which makes that particular problem worse.

After two weeks there is no more electricity at home, or at work. The problem of no water and electricity is now nationwide! This has lots of side-effects for society.

This is the plot of tank girl
images

Realistically id head up to Utah. Sparsely populated and lots of lakes and snow. Vegas would be done.

i'm off the grid already. Solar which powers everything, shallow well like water 60-75 ft waterline will last forever, and septic tank. Really food is all I have to worry about...in 12 months should everything crash. And zombies.

If everything crashes you won't be able to travel. Roads will be full. And full of marauders that will shoot you for a bottle of water. I hope we never see that but I planned for it anyway.

Last edited:
Take loads of MDMA.... I can literally sniff out water on the stuff.......

I don't have mains water from the council anyway I wouldn't notice a thing lol. My water comes from my property and rain tanks. Wouldn't bug me.

If i lost power I'd be annoyed I didn't buy more solar

Just bought yesterday 6 of these (total 30 bottles)
acqua-uliveto-lt15x6-pet-effervescente-naturale-plastica.jpg

so if is just few days i will be ok

Otherwise i got bunch of lakes not that far from home

I don't have mains water from the council anyway I wouldn't notice a thing lol. My water comes from my property and rain tanks. Wouldn't bug me.

If i lost power I'd be annoyed I didn't buy more solar
I hope u do DIY like 1/3 price compared to those rackets

I hope u do DIY like 1/3 price compared to those rackets

Yeah it's something I'll have to look into. We get rebates of some sort from.our government to make it cheaper but fucks me what and how.

Been focusing on aquaponics and fish and plants lately. I'll get round to it one day . Hopefully before the end times ;)

I live relatively close to a lake so i can boil water in a pinch. No Electricity would be an issue though.

I'd use my purification system on the river water next to my house for water. I have a store of gas to cook with for about a year. Would likely have to do without electricity for a bit. Got a few hundred liters of diesel I could put in the car and charge everything through that I suppose.

There was an article the other day about how a cyberattack that took out electricity could potentially also kill the water supply in my country. I briefly thought that it might be a good idea to do some prep for that eventuality before moving on with my day and forgetting about it. If it happened now, I'd put every plastic receptacle we've got in the car and drive to the lake. Then I'd boil it and fill up the bathtub before doing another run.

The real challenge comes, though, if electricity is gone at the same time and you have to build a fire before you can boil water. I've got firewood to last us for a couple of days, but not indefinitely and if everyone in the country is cutting down trees, there might be supply problems real quick.

I have a cistern on my property that I can run to the home. I'd just have to fill it and route the water line to it

Back