You won the lottery for 10 million what would you do?

pay off debts my family has, invest and save the rest, and hope that the interest is enough to where i don't have to work anymore, and can live off the interest.

If one makes the proper investments they can have multiple bitchin' pads, fast boats and planes to accompany the cars, and fast women and coca-cola to keep them hydrated indefinitely. Why blow your wad by running through 10 mil in a few months? Just play hard and work hard and work smart. Then snort hard for life.

Spoken like a true low T,Klinefelter syndrome,beta max.

250K to a select group of people.

1 million in property.

Invest the rest.

Finally find someone who will love me for me, I bet. In fact, I'd bet $10m!

JS121320791.jpg

No house. Cheaper to rent than buy in Sydney unless prices come down.
Investment apartment i could live in but would rent out initially (1.5m or so). Leveraged so cost about 500k.

3 million family trust.

2 million trust for my kid (s).

3.5 million portfolio. Tranced in over 3 years. Ethical and impact focused.

500k cash and term deposits.

100k car.
100k holiday.
200k year off work.

100k fees, accountant, planner, etc.

Throw a celebration party with some of my favorite bands as entertainment
Pay off student loans
Buy a house in the hills of Guatemala while quietly never having to worry about a thing and disappear

nothing for a while. learn how to best invest it to turn it into as much as possible. take care of my family. then philanthropy.

i've already won the lottery with the family i was born into, and the one i've built. unless it can give me more years with them, money ain't shit to me.

buy income property and invest some of it
retire
travel

Winning 10 mil isn't really enough to do much. I would invest and maintain status quo. Now if I won like $25 mil+, I would probably quit my job, travel a lot, and live off the interest.

You can most definitely live very nicely off of $10 million, even assuming we are discussing that figure as before-taxes. Buy a house somewhere nice but affordable for $500k, throw $1 million into stocks, $3 million into blue chip oriented mutual funds, another million into T bills and gold/silver. You'd have another 1.5 million or so just to live on as spending cash, so two thirds of that sits in savings collecting minimal interest. As long as you aren't living like a Hollywood tool, you'd be just fine.

You can most definitely live very nicely off of $10 million, even assuming we are discussing that figure as before-taxes. Buy a house somewhere nice but affordable for $500k, throw $1 million into stocks, $3 million into blue chip oriented mutual funds, another million into T bills and gold/silver. You'd have another 1.5 million or so just to live on as spending cash, so two thirds of that sits in savings collecting minimal interest. As long as you aren't living like a Hollywood tool, you'd be just fine.

This edition of "Burt's financial advice corner" is brought to you by a full time gas station cashier, and part time "photographer"- tune in next week for his clash of clans advice!

Back