• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You won the lottery for 10 million what would you do?

If you can't live comfortably without working on 10 million youre doing something terribly wrong. How many years of your current salary is that equivalent to .....75 or 100? I really doubt you keep dragging yourself to work after you're slingshotted from middle class schmoe to 8 figures in the bank overnight. I'd do something resembling work , but it wouldn't be for a pension or a 401k.

Preach man preach....tbh I might skip bitch slapping a few coworkers I hate mail my badge and gun in.

And take the next flight (first class) to Cali or Bogota I'd be so lit by the time I stepped off the plane they'd have to wheelchair my ass to the brothel

First thing I would do is strongly consider leaving California. In fact, even though I have lived here for 95% of my life, was raised here, and have everything tied in here, I think the first thing I would do is leave for a cheaper state. I would most likely choose either Nevada or Washington but would be open to others. I would move my business there and try to grow it faster and stronger than right now.

I left Long Beach OC area years ago I live in Texas now....it ain't no OC but it costs aheeluva lot less. Sadly half my neighborhood got washed away a few weeks back in Harvey. I'd still take a bad flood over a major earthquake

0. Quit my job ala Half Baked
1. 1 million trust for my daughter
2. Pay off my current house for the family
3. Buy my friend's old house just for me
4. Travel over Asia
5. Try to get my ex back

giphy.gif

Bro....big up for sharing your truth all the politically correct answers like "I'd invest" I'd do this and that I'm calling bulldoody on most of it

The truth is if you're a guy under forty

Bitchin pad

Fast car

fast women

Which would mean money going fast.

If you're. Or use to having large sums of money especially if you're from working class average income ilk...you're not going to generally have the presence of mind to be responsible with over night wealth

Everyone should watch ESPN's "Broke" documentary essentially all these working class guys hit the lottery by being broke college students one night and multi millionaires after draft night

They all piss it away mike Tyson lost 500 million in career earnings. Floyd will eventually lose all his shit not hating it's just reality lottery winners go broke que suhra k sara

Running out of fresh thread ideas so I thought in my infinite wisdom it was time to revive a tried and true us army field training exercise discussion topic I debated with my bros many times in my youth

In this order
Pimp slap my supervisor

Fly to a high end colombian brothel live there for a couple of years until I go broke and after I've happily recieved hiv, black clap, warts, herps, mono, and antibiotic resistant super crabs

I'd then visit a jungle shaman to get the elixir to cure all of my penile ailments. marry my favorite hooker and live happily ever after as the protector of a colombian jungle village

And by a camaro

What say you looking for honesty here boys
Put 5 million in a 10 year target fund. Buy a bigger flat here in NYC. Then probably travel for a while.

Of course $1.5 can buy a lot more house in the middle of the dessert where it averages 105 degrees 1/3 of the year than it can in most other cities.
If your spelling ITT is any indication, you'll soon get your just deserts.

IIRC in Canada, you don't get taxed on lottery winnings, only income derived from them, so I'd be living large in Vancouver, I think, with regular trips to Asia. Mebbe go south and experience genuine Bolivian Marching Powder from the source. Would definitely camp out with the Ayahuasca for an extended period.

I'd pretend I'm black Nick Fury going around recruiting for the Avengers Initiative, but it'd be at strip joints recruiting for a cast for play time initiative.

Pay off debts, put money in the bank, invest in stocks, open multiple businesses, and start foundations for the needy and animals.

Pay off my house and debt and put the $5million that is left into a T. Rowe Price account. Live off of my day job. Enjoy a comfortable lifestyle and retire for good at 45.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go overboard. I'd buy the essentials, but the fact I never have to worry about money is the greatest part of winning in my opinion.

I would give some to my parents, invest a big chunk of it and step up my travel game in a big way, with an eye on potential places to relocate where I could make the most of my money.

Back