young women in California are torture to listen to

Except inner cities are not crumbling. In fact, they're doing way better than what they were in the 90s by pretty much every single measure.

Well no thanks to gentrification

<{1-11}>

6a00d83451b14d69e2017ee653b568970d-500wi

pggtf3jxe73pml6t0rxycucp1uvaa94ite6ced9ccofa5unrm2ylp8s2vsqydib3.jpg

_79434864_new_us_teenage_pregnancy_rates_624gr.gif

I'm sitting in a coffee shop doing work on my laptop and a couple of young women are having a conversation next to me. I'm guessing they're 19-20. every sentence is in upspeak with vocal fry as the end. the words 'like,' and 'literally' are spammed to fucking hell. and they obnoxiously speak loudly and excitably about topics that aren't appropriate for a social setting: (being fuck buddies with this guy, doing ecstasy and acid at raves, how ugly annoying this girl they know is). I need to get the fuck out of California.

Two years ago my daughter and I were sitting beside a couple girls in a coffee shop who spoke this way. As soon as they left she and I ranted about how they spoke.

Now that she's 9, she will occasionally drop an inappropriate "like" into a conversation, which is against a family rule. When she does, I tell her she sounds like "those girls". She knows exactly what I'm on about.

Back