Your most bonehead fight prediction?

I very rarely bet on fights. But for some odd reason I decided to put $100 on Fernando Vargas to defeat Ricardo Mayorga

I think you could argue Mayorga was a little past it then, but Vargas was way past it. And then there was the weight issues too. I was still hopeful Fernando Vargas would pull it off despite being so far past his prime. Mayorga hadn’t been looking too good lately either. Despite the stage of their careers that this fight happened at, I remember being SUPER excited for it still. I think it was the trash talk lol
lol
I could have made bank on that one

there was a guy at this party I was at on fight night. talking big like he was a boxing trainer and was on convincing everyone to throw money on Vargas. just me and my homie took mayorga

we could of took like 30 peeps money but didn't for a trade of some other stuff lol

I thought Khan would beat Canelo on points.

I put £50 on before the fight and another £50 after round 2...

Was absolutely sure Margarito was going to demolish Mosley, easily my worst pick ever as I actually don’t regularly suck so bad with my picks. But that one was biblical.

I remember Sergio/Cotto debates back in the day and I'm fairly sure most were on Sergio to beat Cotto, including myself.

I've had so many bad calls it's ridiculous. If you choose to stick your neck out and make bold predictions a lot of the time you'll be wrong and sometimes you'll look like a rockstar or some shit and call a crazy upset.

Another bet I remember I made was a longtime ago that I really thought I was gonna hit.This was forever ago, Rigo was prob only 46 or so at the time, but I thought Teon Kennedy of all ppl had a good shot to beat him. Then he got his cheeks cracked.

That was pretty embarrassing. I remember RR warning me Rigo was in great shape and he politely told me my bet was gonna look really bad. He was right, I was wrong.

I'm wrong alot tho, just eat your crow and move on imo. Don't understand why ppl make excuses when they're wrong. They're wrong and their boy gets smacked just admit and move on. Nobody's right all the time, except @Seano of course.
The ones that get me are the guys who are wrong 8/10 but then brag like they are some type of expert handicapper or go "i called it again."

Recently, I thought Garcia would outbox Spence. Spence sometimes looks a bit crude, IMO. Not hard to find. I thought Garcia would box and move, outpoint him. Spence turned it around though, showed a new look against a guy you'd expect him to try to steamroll.

edit- Mikey Garcia, not Danny.
I was in on that one. At least thought Mikey was going to really work him hard. But I thought he would outbox Spence for sure, either way. Considered placing a wager on Garcia due to the odds and time got away from me that week or I'd have lost actual money on it.

I thought Ruiz was going to dust AJ in the rematch. In my defense, Ruiz also showed up out of shape and somehow fatter than he was, but I was wrong.

I bet like half my vcash (vbookie fake money here) on that fat fuck mid-week like a clown and then was watching the weigh-ins and was like...

giphy.gif

I'm a homer and (casually) know him, but...

"Rich is going to kill this Anderson Silva guy!"
Haha. I also picked Rich to beat Silva despite how impressive Silva had just looked in dispatching Leben in his UFC debut. What makes it even worse is that I already knew how good he was from watching him in Pride, Cage Rage, and Shooto. His strong thai clinch and knees really fucked Rich up. Literally rearranged his nose. After their first fight I knew that Silva would reign for a long time as middleweight champ.

De La Hoya over Pacman. Thought De La Hoya would simply be too big and strong, same reason I had AJ over Usyk.

Dont really remember my reasoning but i also had Margarito winning the rematch against Cotto.
the second fight looked a decent amount like the 1st tbh. Margarito's face just didn't hold up

kinda makes you wonder....maybe Cotto was a little bit better conditioned too in the 2nd one

the second fight looked a decent amount like the 1st tbh. Margarito's face just didn't hold up

kinda makes you wonder....maybe Cotto was a little bit better conditioned too in the 2nd one

Yes and no. Cotto stood in way more in the first fight. While he also dealt a lot more damage, he got hit a lot more, even when he was easily winning rounds. Under Diaz in the second fight, he clearly wasn't willing to stand in as much and instead pot-shotted more.

Was absolutely sure Margarito was going to demolish Mosley, easily my worst pick ever as I actually don’t regularly suck so bad with my picks. But that one was biblical.
Almost everyone picked Margarito to win. I recall people literally saying Mosley might die in the ring.

tbh Tyson was half the fighter he was in the first fight. And big frank had just had the biggest result of his life
Not sure if you saw his ring walk but he looked scared, and beaten already. There was literally no way he was ever gonna win that fight

also Bruno fought that fight with only one good eye, he was a dead man walking

Quigg to beat Frampton.

what’s worse is that I was at the fight, and after 4 rounds I actually said “maybe Quigg is luring him in” when he was just getting boxed up.

<TrumpWrong1>

Last edited:
Almost everyone picked Margarito to win. I recall people literally saying Mosley might die in the ring.

Yeah Margarito was on a huge high at that time beating Cotto and Mosley had lost to Cotto, I was definitely one the retards who thought Mosley was going to get destroyed.

I picked AJ to win the Usyk rematch even if was fully aware of the sheer silliness of this pick.

I picked AJ to win the Usyk rematch even if was fully aware of the sheer silliness of this pick.

not a bad pick as it was fairly close. Tbf you do appear to get most fights right. I remember a couple of yous picking Joyce over Dubois and you had me questioning my pick (still picked Dubois though)

Lol long as you didn’t think that for the rematch
I did not. I even went as it was here in town, but I did not. lol

I also knew Silva going into the first fight, but in my opinion Rich was never quite the same after he beat "The Crow". He had a left like a donkey punch and plenty of good chins wilted when it connected, but it was destroyed in that bout. I didn't know it immediately, but he laid down a lot of good fighters with that left up to that point and not so much after. Like he lost a devastating weapon, maybe the best in his toolbox. Hard to recover from that going forward.

Back